ROM Hack [RELEASE] Story of Seasons Save Editor

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RainThunder For some reason after editing my save it wont allow me to edit it anymore. I'm using your latest version and a USA File.
What happened was i was decorating my house and farm on the second slot and i forgot an item so i dumped my save and ran the editor but every time i use it
it says that the file has to much data than normal but i dont see how when i only put a few in the file. I even tried my first file but it says the same thing and i haven't even edited that one i just started that file. I could really use the help. This is the error: The input contains more data than necessary. Only Used 0x2A87 of 0x2AA0

Last edited by Queen of SoS,

Cholite17

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
to be honest im kinda new in this editor thing. Its kinda embrassing.... but how to open the editor with c#........?

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
to be honest im kinda new in this editor thing. Its kinda embrassing.... but how to open the editor with c#........?
To open it would be enough to use any kind of text editor, but since i'm sure you want make changes, you need also a compiler. So a IDE.
Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition would be a good way to start and is free if im not wrong.
With it just open the .csproj or the .sln (if its there). Happy Coding.

Cholite17

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
To open it would be enough to use any kind of text editor, but since i'm sure you want make changes, you need also a compiler. So a IDE.
Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition would be a good way to start and is free if im not wrong.
With it just open the .csproj or the .sln (if its there). Happy Coding.
Thank you so much! i already able to edit my saves. Btw is there any event flag for break scene?

lapine95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hellooo, I have a little problem with the save editor (EU version). With every change I make my file gets corrupted and finally deleted which is not a problem because I have a backup, but of course I'd like to change my save file successfully :)

I read this kind of problem in a comment some time ago, but it got no response. Is someone here who can help? Thanks in advance! :)

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hellooo, I have a little problem with the save editor (EU version). With every change I make my file gets corrupted and finally deleted which is not a problem because I have a backup, but of course I'd like to change my save file successfully :)

I read this kind of problem in a comment some time ago, but it got no response. Is someone here who can help? Thanks in advance! :)
It looks like the offsets are wrong. What exectly do you change?

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
For example the amount of fertilizer in my bag, I had 5 before and changed it to 99. And I added 3 sorts of perfume 50 each.
I'll try it with my save, could you pm me your save so i can test it also with your save.

//EDIT: It looks like it breaks the save if you only open the Items window and close it again => save.
//EDIT 2: Did you get an error while importing the save or in the game?

Last edited by DarkIrata,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by DarkIrata,
Reactions: RainThunder

kuroshida93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've made the changes and saved the new edited file, but it keeps saving to a .bin file. What am I supposed to do with it now? I thought it was going to save as a .sav file. How do I apply it to my game?

Also, everything's working fine for me except for Animals, I keep getting this message
error.png

What am I doing wrong?
Here's the full message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '316' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at SOSSE.AnimalEditingForm.displayPet()
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at SOSSE.AnimalEditingForm..ctor()
at SOSSE.MainForm.animalButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SOSSE
Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/3DS%20Roms/SKY3DS%20Firmware/Story%20of%20Seasons%20Save%20Editor/SOSSE_v1.4/SOSSE.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
DSDecmp
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/3DS%20Roms/SKY3DS%20Firmware/Story%20of%20Seasons%20Save%20Editor/SOSSE_v1.4/DSDecmp.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by kuroshida93,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
I've made the changes and saved the new edited file, but it keeps saving to a .bin file. What am I supposed to do with it now? I thought it was going to save as a .sav file. How do I apply it to my game?

Also, everything's working fine for me except for Animals, I keep getting this messageView attachment 55320
What am I doing wrong?
Here's the full message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have to get the saveX.bin file. You have to use to dump your save with SVDT or any other way and import it after the changes again. (Don't forget to backup).
That's could be the reason why you get the exception, if not and you already use the .bin to load, which value do you change?

kuroshida93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to get the saveX.bin file. You have to use to dump your save with SVDT or any other way and import it after the changes again. (Don't forget to backup).
That's could be the reason why you get the exception, if not and you already use the .bin to load, which value do you change?

I am using the save0.bin or save1.bin in SOSSE. I used SVDT and have no problem editing the file on SOSSE (except for Animals). I just don't know what to do with the edited .bin file now. As for "That's could be the reason why you get the exception, if not and you already use the .bin to load, which value do you change?", I have no idea what you mean by that sentence. What value to change?

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Ah ok, to import replace the dumped saveX.bin with the modified and import it again with SVDT.

Exception: Do you get the error if you click on Animals or after changing something there

kuroshida93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah ok, to import replace the dumped saveX.bin with the modified and import it again with SVDT.

Exception: Do you get the error if you click on Animals or after changing something there
Ok I will try importing the edited .bin file tonight.
I get the error no matter what I do. Before and after changing other stuff

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Updated the 1.4.0.0 Version to fix the Animal Form Bug.
Since i don't want to fork this too here is a zip with the fix and the source, if you want to rebuild it yourself.
@kuroshida93 Somehow your pet was over the maximum stress... i dont know if the max value is wrong in the application or you glitched it somehow in the game. It's now get set to 100 if it's over the max.

Attachments

• SOSSE-master.zip
    789.9 KB · Views: 325

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm having issues with the latest release branch throwing me an invalid save message suddenly. I use JKSM to dump the save, I'll be trying SDVT to see if that helps. However I don't think it should matter too much, should it? I had an older outdated version which worked fine.

Update: Nope, just a continual "Invalid Save" error no matter where the save comes from

Last edited by SuperVioshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@