Homebrew [Release] SocketPunch - FBI network CIA installer for Android & PC

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Does it fail after reaching 100%? Or doesn't It even start?
after finish. in socket punch it says it's successfull, but in fbi it says connection reset by peer
i used sockpile for the same file and it worked...

ps. i also tried change buffer to 16 and 1024. same effect.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
after finish. in socket punch it says it's successfull, but in fbi it says connection reset by peer
i used sockpile for the same file and it worked...

ps. i also tried change buffer to 16 and 1024. same effect.
Alright it's a known problem since my latest release. I'll fix It, but I still haven't had the time to do so.

Thanks for commenting. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: migles

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Alright it's a known problem since my latest release. I'll fix It, but I still haven't had the time to do so.

Thanks for commenting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
it's funny that i went to use suck pile today and was thinking "it would be cool to have a minimal UI to choose a file and send, instead need to remember or copy paste the command for use it.."
and while checking fbi thread for updates i saw this comment
(which is also having issues)
and there ya go... exactly what i was asking for...

btw, i am on windows 10 x86 (32 bits)
the installed didn't worked for me.. it says it can't be used with my windows version, but i just wanted a single executable anyway

thank you for making socket punch.

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it's funny that i went to use suck pile today and was thinking "it would be cool to have a minimal UI to choose a file and send, instead need to remember or copy paste the command for use it.."
and while checking fbi thread for updates i saw this comment

(which is also having issues)
and there ya go... exactly what i was asking for...

btw, i am on windows 10 x86 (32 bits)
the installed didn't worked for me.. it says it can't be used with my windows version, but i just wanted a single executable anyway

thank you for making socket punch.
Hi again!

I finally got some time to fix the little issue. Please try this. I only fixed that bug you and some other people commented about. It should work now. Everything else was added since 1.2.0 (the broken release).

April 18th, 2016: SocketPunch MOD v1.2.1-beta
Standard multiplatform JAR
Native EXE Installer for Windows

• Bugfixes from 1.2.0 that prevented to complete the transfer once it reached 100%. I deleted that version from the log since it was broken with FBI 2. It should work now. This is what was added in 1.2.0-beta:

• Now compatible with the recent FBI 2 release.
  • You can switch between old and new protocol, so you can still use wjchen's FBI 1.4 build if you want, or use the latest official FBI build by Steveice10.
  • The FBI 2 (newest) mode should now transfer faster than v1.1.0-beta. Please, help me to test it.
  • This is a beta release. The Newest Mode could present more bugs than the Legacy Mode, since it's been tested less.
  • Added German thanks to user @robflop
  • Added French thanks to user @Badablek

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@WallK Hi. I just fixed that issue with 1.2.1-beta, it should load now alright with Pусский. It was just a typo in the code from my part. Sorry.

And I didn't add any new String this time around, but I haven't added the latest lines people already shared me, I'll do it in the next release.

Last edited by Olmectron,

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again!

I finally got some time to fix the little issue. Please try this. I only fixed that bug you and some other people commented about. It should work now. Everything else was added since 1.2.0 (the broken release).

• Bugfixes from 1.2.0 that prevented to complete the transfer once it reached 100%. I deleted that version from the log since it was broken with FBI 2. It should work now. This is what was added in 1.2.0-beta:

• You can switch between old and new protocol, so you can still use wjchen's FBI 1.4 build if you want, or use the latest official FBI build by Steveice10.
  • The FBI 2 (newest) mode should now transfer faster than v1.1.0-beta. Please, help me to test it.
  • This is a beta release. The Newest Mode could present more bugs than the Legacy Mode, since it's been tested less.

@WallK Hi. I just fixed that issue with 1.2.1-beta, it should load now alright with Pусский. It was just a typo in the code from my part. Sorry.

And I didn't add any new String this time around, but I haven't added the latest lines people already shared me, I'll do it in the next release.
Thank you. Can you holler at me when the new (not so rushed) version is ready for me to update the translation? I'll send you update to the current one tomorrow, when I get to the home PC

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi again!

it's fixed :D it worked wonderfully now,
later i will try with a huge momma's ass size file
small bug i noticed the "open cia files" button doesn't work (at least for me) however since most users should probably just drag the files to the program it's good

(also, as a suggestion, put a secret easter egg like a button inside credits\about page to play an animation to punch the screen)

Last edited by migles,

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi again!

Still can't update directly from Desktop app t.t stuck on "Download update's files"

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Still can't update directly from Desktop app t.t stuck on "Download update's files"
Hmm. Sorry for that.

Could you install latest Java 8 and go to C:\Users\[YourUser]\AppData\Local\SocketPunch\app\ in command line (CMD) and write java -jar SocketPunch.jar for opening it, please?

After that, try to update from the app, and tell me what appears in the command line screen. It would be great if you could check it out.

Reactions: Real.96

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm. Sorry for that.

Could you install latest Java 8 and go to C:\Users\[YourUser]\AppData\Local\SocketPunch\app\ in command line (CMD) and write java -jar SocketPunch.jar for opening it, please?

After that, try to update from the app, and tell me what appears in the command line screen. It would be great if you could check it out.

I updated it manually t.t Can you give me a link of a past version? so i can do what you said

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is the result. I used the 1.2.0, tell me if i run the wrong command

Attachments

• Clipboard01.png
    Clipboard01.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by Real.96,

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a great tool, works like a charm for me. However, it would be even greater if it would also accept tickets to install remotely (the latest FBI can install tickets). Is that possible in a future update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone +1