GBATemp Irregular
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the self promotion.

I have been away at this game for 2 days. it is a platformer with a unique twist. It is hosted on scratch.
You can play it here.

WASD or arrow keys to move.
Jump into a block to stick to it. (you can also move on a chain of blocks)
Press r to go back to the start of the level.
Press space to reload the level just incase it does not load entirely. ( This has not happened to me yet but i thought i should code it just in case)
If it lags press the icon in the corner over v441. This will disable fullscreen revealing how shitty my fanbase is.

Last edited by 101239,

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, neat game. Like the music too.

Things you might want to look into:
-I encounter some serious lag/audio skipping between levels
-Assuming space is to reset, I held it down which put me into a glitchy sequence where a barely visible square with a dot in it went across the shadow view of the level, left to right, from the bottom to top all the way until it ran out of space to go. After that, the level reloaded, and I found myself able to just climb up walls by running into them. Restarted the game and that fixed it. Edit - I didn't look at your controls first. So perhaps by holding the space button I messed up the level load? This was on the first level, I got stuck after the second jump (couldn't find a way to get back up) so I hit space. Couldn't find a way to climb up walls after I reloaded the game entirely.
-Losing to a solid red screen is mildly disconcerting.

Good job :) I love seeing projects and games released by the community. Keep at it!! :grog:

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

-Assuming space is to reset, I held it down which put me into a glitchy sequence where a barely visible square with a dot in it went across the shadow view of the level, left to right, from the bottom to top all the way until it ran out of space to go. After that, the level reloaded, and I found myself able to just climb up walls by running into them. Restarted the game and that fixed it. Edit - I didn't look at your controls first. So perhaps by holding the space button I messed up the level load? This was on the first level, I got stuck after the second jump (couldn't find a way to get back up) so I hit space. Couldn't find a way to climb up walls after I reloaded the game entirely.

Good job :) I love seeing projects and games released by the community. Keep at it!! :grog:

I'm having the same issues. Your collison engine needs some work. I like the game so far though. Keep it up!

GBATemp Irregular
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issues. Your collison engine needs some work. I like the game so far though. Keep it up!

thanks for the feedback! I will be sure to improve in the future.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pretty fun, collision is messed up tho.
It's been a while since I've seen a (good) scratch project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: