Homebrew [Release] ScummVM 3DS

A

a9lh-1user

Many Thanks to you @TheCruel !
Now with the new CIA Version 0.2 installed on an OLD 3DS and a NEW 3DS i can play my "ALL TIME FAVORITE GAME"
Lands Of Lore 1 !!!
All it needs is the NEWEST "Kyra.dat" (the 497 KB version) in the LOL folder of the game ..... that's it!

Now the next weekend is save ;)

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome job, TheCruel!

Tested on a N3DS-XL A9LH using the v0.2 .CIA

Working:
  • The Neverhood is working great!
  • The Curse of Monkey Island - Some slowdown upon loading scenes / changing audio. Otherwise perfect!

NOT Working:
  • Beavis&Butt-head in virtual stupidity, crashes when selecting 'New Game' in MainMenu.

Thanks for your effort!

Last edited by MrHuu,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sleep mode works fine now
Oh ya, Sleeping/Suspending/Close should all work in CIA too. Let me know if any of these fail.

At the moment, it will open the in-game menu when sleeping/suspending (or taking screenie with *hax). I'll probably change that, it ideally shouldn't, but I was too lazy to pause the game any other way.

Last edited by TheCruel,
Reactions: SLiV3R and kane159

satelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been testing your latest CIA version (0.2) and now COMI sound works as it should! Thank youuuu!!!

Also, the initial cutscene in Loom displays now! (with your first CIA, it just skipped). Keep up the good work!

Last edited by satelman,

usineur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was one who had problems too. Now I can confirm that everything I tested is fine with the latest CIA (Lauching and exiting scummvm, and the few games I test: MI1, Loom, Sam & Max). Good job.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just run the firmware dumper, no additional steps needed. It saves it to the proper place automatically (I think in the /3ds/ directory)

And I will push to new github release when CIA users, the ones who said it didn't work before, confirm that the CIA works now.
the old cia never worked for me the new one works perfectly. We just need the bottom screen to be switched off now.

indionicarao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get the Crowbar and open the door :)
When you have the crowbar, on the door, press D-Pad UP to grab the door (yeah it's locked)
Now with your stylus press the bottom screen TOP (as high as you can) now the inventory shows up
Now do your thing (drag and drop)
Hmmm... Strange. I am not able to access the inventory in Beneath a Steel Sky.
The "Police Quest" remake has a similar inventory menu (accessed via mouse cursor on top) which i can access so not sure if its my screen protector or something else is going on...

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Bit of a noob but desperate to relive my youth with these games so really appreciate any advice to confirm if I have got the right steps I have to take to get this working on my O3ds with latest gateway emunand.

1. Install HBL as a cia.
2. Run HBL and install dspfirm dumper.3dsx file (I've not used HBL before - is this fairly obvious how to do? What do I do with the smdh file of the same name - put them all in the same folder?)
3. Come out of HBL and install the latest CIA version of scumm
4. Run it and then load games - do they need to be in a specific folder? What versions of the games am I looking for, DOS ones?

Cheers!

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Yeah! ScummVM 3ds is near perfect now. Two options that I know you already are working with and would make ScummVM 3ds perfect:

1. Turn off the lower or the upper screen. So we can choose how we want to play the games. For me the choice would depend on the native resolution of respectively game.

2. Add circle pad support.

ScummVM 3ds rocks!! :)

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It runs Monkey Island 3 on N3DS now really well, a lag because of load times is still noticable but works nonetheless.
On the O3DS however the CIA doesn't work as it crashes when loading MI3, only the 3dsx with smash Bros as basis.
Therefore I'm really interested, if full memory is usable by a homebrew CIA.
If @smealum knows something about this, I'd be really grateful, it would be really awesome in this context.
Additionally you improved the display of MI3 with bigger text which is great, but could you display nothing on the touchscreen and just use it for the cursor positioning and the circlepad for scrolling the part of the game that should be visible?
If this is possible it would be the best experience imo as the 3ds display is too small for this game and scrolling the only solution, or holding it like in Hotel dusk which is a bit awkward...

Last edited by Wuigi,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm... Strange. I am not able to access the inventory in Beneath a Steel Sky.
The "Police Quest" remake has a similar inventory menu (accessed via mouse cursor on top) which i can access so not sure if its my screen protector or something else is going on...
Probably the screen protector as the game works perfectly for me I am now about 2 hours in with zero problems

Reactions: a9lh-1user
A

a9lh-1user

There are SO MANY different configurations outside (on OLD 3DS and OLD 3DS XL or NEW 3DS XL.......) that it would very helpfull for every dev to get AS MANY INFORMATIONS as possible!
I think it is not very helpful to wrote "Game X didn't run well on my old 3ds"!
WE dont know what CFW (or even if any CFW run's on that 3DS), or FLashcard on what version and with what modifications the machine runs!
SO it would be nice IMHO if everyone who has a problem could put as much informations as possible into the post :)

Hope you dont misunderstand me but it is very hard to get the informations you realy need!

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the O3DS however the CIA doesn't work as it crashes when loading MI3, only the 3dsx with smash Bros as basis.
Does it not load the game at all, or does it crash somewhere while playing it?

Because I do not own a n3ds. All my own tests are all done on o3ds and it was loading fine for me, just a bit laggy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He calls it X AZ.