Hacking [Release] PSPo2se Save Editor v0.1 PSP

retrohead

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country

PSPo2se Save Editor v4.0 build 1011 (Windows x86)

The save editor has now been re-written in WPF. Full changelog below.

:!: Change Log

PSPo2 Save Editor Change Log

Version 4.0 build 1010

Fixed:

• Editing type info weapon extend would always overwrite the hunter weapons.
Version 4.0 build 1010

Added:

• Edit Photon Arts attached to weapons
  • Friend Partner Card list and own Partner card editing. A lot of this is not worth editing as it will be updated when you save in game or meet the person in multi-mode but it is here for completeness.
  • Rare weapon log under your partner card. This is one of the only features actually saved against your partner card.
  • Option to change animation speed of popups.
  • Type extend for weapons can now be changed by clicking the icons.
Fixed:
  • Downgraded to Net Framework 4.5.2 for win7 users.
  • Wrong element icon showing for items after the support character update.
  • Changing icon on auto words and quick text wouldn�t work on vanilla.
  • Reverse hex function was adding zeroes to the wrong end of the string for small numbers.
  • Lots of minor fixes.

Version 4.0 build 1009

Added:

• Edit your MySynth on the community tab.
  • Inventory editing for support characters.
  • Armour palette icons on general tab.
  • Weapon palette view on general tab was missing the images for the right handed weapons.
  • Window Full Screen state is saved for those that prefer the minimum size application.
Fixed:
  • Wand images were incorrectly showing as a left handed weapon.
  • Shared storage not displaying for vanilla.
  • Strings were incorrectly having \0 replaced rather than just ending the string.
  • Story points were blurred on minimum size.
  • Max boss kill count set to 32767. All boss kill counts show as blank after this including total.
Version 4.0 build 1008

Added:

• Parts of the support character file for infinity can now be modified.
  • Unlock NPC partner cards on the community tab.
  • Log tab allowing editing of boss kills.
  • Import and export data option on the data viewer.
  • Data viewer heavily updated with new addresses. Data found for boss kill count, my synth information, play history, friend list and partner card information. The partner card ID is duplicated in a couple of places so this will take a while to work out how to edit it properly. There seems to be a chat log and a list of 10 partner cards related to online play history which must have been a measure for when you report hackers and upload your save file to SEGA.
  • Infinity mission synth points and cleared counts can now be typed in instead of only being able to use the + and - buttons.

Fixed:

• Changing type level would write the new EXP value to the wrong position in the save file! Major fix here for a long existing bug as it would corrupt the save file. Was not easily visible that it had happened until loading the game or reloading the save file.
  • Data viewer crash when selecting last character in the view.
  • Quick text and auto words boxes would crash the application before a save file was loaded.
  • Quick text and auto words would leave empty colour elements in hidden in the text, these are now ignored when converting back to hex before checking the length is correct.
  • 2nd character name position is now known to be the name on your partner card.

Version 4.0 build 1007

Added:

·
Data viewer updated to highlight your selection and displays the selected offset.

· Data viewer now includes option to switch to character set view.

· Edit Auto words and quick text data for both games. It looks like SEGA saved some space in the save file for infinity as the size shrank by 4 bytes compared to vanilla but this just seems to be garbage data.

Fixed:
·
Few errors in the data viewer.

Version 4.0 build 1006

Fixed:

· Few errors in the data viewer.
· Level no longer visible on items where it does not make any sense.

Version 4.0 build 1005

Added:

· Modify weapon kills for unsealing.

· Data Viewer to see the hex values for the save file structure. Should help with finding the what missing data values mean.

· New unseal effect recognised for Famitsu Dendou Blade.

Fixed:

· Combo boxes when editing a database entry would all mirror each other.

· Columns made to auto fit when database first opens.

· Resizing the application with some popups open would cause a crash.

Version 4.0 build 1004

Added:

· Open file from a Vita Shell FTP server, extremely useful for editing PSP2 saves directly on PSTV.

Fixed:

· C Rank slot units were showing as A rank and vice versa but only in lists.
· The 2 DLC visual units were throwing errors. A new database update now supports these 2 items.

Version 4.0 build 1003

Added:

· Clicking on the item hex value in inventory or storage view now loads the item in the database to make it easier to fix errors and add info to the database.

· Weapon database renamed Item Creator. Armour added.

· Save Database Button which overwrites the database then refreshes the app.

Fixed:

· Weapon power is now taken from the base value + the power modifier. ACC still requires the database values but ATK values are no longer needed after base is set. A lot less errors on item ATK / TEC values as a result and values should now be accurate.

· Item type drop down box showing selected item.

· Refresh databases and refresh images menu buttons were not doing anything.

· Changing item attributes on anything other than the first tab in inventory or shared storage would edit the wrong item.

· Editing a save copied from a VITA running VITA Shell would not save the PARAM.SFO file correctly. Can now edit the save directly in USB mode.

· Item database now read as -1 for errors on weapon extend values. Some weapons extend without increasing the value so 0 is OK. Item database updated to reflect this.

Version 4.0 build 1002

Fixed:

· Error on PA list tab.

Version 4.0 build 1001

New:

· Application ported to WPF.

· Application options.

· Application database editor.

Fixed:

· Deleting infinity missions.

· A few other minor fixes.

Version 3.0 build 1008

Fixed:

· When clicking the rebirth rewards box whilst greyed out, the application would crash. Used a different method as this was still happening.

Version 3.0 build 1007

Fixed:

· When clicking the rebirth rewards box whilst greyed out, the application would crash.

· If the deposit feature failed, the item count would decrease although the process had failed.

· Attempted a fix for reports of "deposit" not working on inventory items possibly due to permissions for the temporary file.

· If required files are missing, corrupt or updateable, the application can download them directly.

· When pinning to the task bar, the name was shown as WindowsFormsApplication1.

· Updater application changed hopefully to fix issues some people were having.

Version 3.0 build 1006

Fixed:

· The SED.exe file has been updated so the application now checks for the new file.

Version 3.0 build 1005

New:

· If you don't have the save key, the application will generate one for you.

Version 3.0 build 1004

New:

· Can now see if the quit mission function is available or not. Previously if you skipped the start sequence using the editor, it would not allow you quit missions!

· The ability in the extend can now be changed. Unfortunately the level cannot be changed as this seems to be hard coded in the game files.

Fixed:

· Abilities were not displayed properly when they needed certain type levels to unlock them but also multiple types could unlock them e.g. EXP boost needs any type level 20.

· Crash when updating the viewer application.

· When depositing / withdrawing items, the item would sometimes vanish.

· Broken vanilla save parsing.

· Various minor bugs.

Version 3.0 build 1003

New:

· Open encrypted save game files using SED if you have the game key file.

· New tab added for rebirth information for infinity. You can modify these values at any time but only within the restrictions of how many points you have obtained. This will help people that made a mistake when selecting their rebirth requirements.

· New tab added for list of all infinity missions.

· New tab added for list of all learnt PA's and their levels.

· New tab added for mission status.

· Type information moved to it's own tab.

· Item database structure changed to allow for infinity extension values.

· Weapon database list of weapons changed to a dropdown box instead of a 3 line list.

· Weapon database now shows rank of weapon next to the name in selection box instead of the weapon type.

· Removed character name button, just click the name to change it.

· The level of the PA's the character has learnt is now parsed properly and shown next to the disks level.

· Equipped items are now indicated by icons in the inventory list and also have a small breakdown on the general tab.

· Modify infinity missions to your hearts content. Special effects are still a little mis-understood so please take care when editing these values and remember to back up your important missions first before modifying them.

· Modify item elements by clicking the element image.

· Modify item element percentages by clicking the percentage.

· Modify item qty by clicking the qty.

· Modify meseta values.

· Modify character class, type, sex and title. This can enable you to equip clothes you couldn't normally wear for example.

· Change weapon power modifier to a maximum of +9999. The max result after being added to the base stat is also 9999 so you can't have a weapon stronger than this.

· Unlock missions by clicking the unlocked detail.

· Skip the start sequences on each episode. Useful after creating a new character.

· Delete item from inventory or storage.

· Export items from the weapons database.

· Removed character level button, just click the level to change it.

Fixed:

· Grind strengthening values have been corrected for weapon attack power etc. As vanilla uses random values, these will be displayed as infinity results which is the max value for the current amount of grinds.

· Ability levels for unsealed items now show as level 5.

· When depositing, withdrawing or deleting an item, the inventory slot still had it's equipped status and linked PA's set. This would cause random behaviour in game and has now been fixed. When importing or moving items, all PA's will be unlinked and items will be un-equipped correctly.

· Some of the values for the inventory were unknown previously, these are now vaguely known so should cause a lot less issues with the game. Old inventory files exported from the editor will no longer work correctly so please backup your inventory again.

· Annoying reloading removed after a lot of tasks.

· When exporting items or characters, the default name is now set to something relevant.

· Free slots display is now cleared of any details not needed i.e. element type etc.

· If the database is missing critical data, an error is shown rather than incorrect values. Keep your databases up to date, I'll eventually get all of the data in them.

Version 3.0 build 1002

New:

· Weapon database viewer (wip: doesn't do much yet)

· Can move items from storage to inventory

· When exporting items, the actual name is given as default

· Option to delete the item when exporting to PC

Fixed:

· Viewing type abilities then exiting and saving without any changes being made would make the type abilities form re-launch.

Version 3.0 build 1001

3.0 is now a major version. The build number will increase with regular update files and a new main version number will only be given when a package is required to download like 3.0 which contains 2 dll files.

New:

· Change log viewer for better descriptions on all installed files.

· Database format drastically changed.

· Correct directory structure is built on boot up.

· Application will start without any correct "data" files. 4 files are the bare minimum now:

· PSPo2se Save XXXXXX.exe

· FolderZipper.dll (used for zips)

· ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (used for zips)

· pspo2se_updater.exe (copies the update portion into place then starts the updated application)

· 2 dll files now needed for extracting download zip files during updates (see above)

· Checks for new image packs on startup

· Not really new but the box that views images from the image pack now drops into view a lot nicer.

· Version numbering system changed.

Fixed:

· Form disabled during parsing of the save file and downloads.
Major bug introduced in the update system. The application would attempt to download it's sister application update instead of the update for itself.

· Change character type level did not work properly, the extend points did not increase. Database was updated to help fix this.

Version 2.3

New:

· Shield weaves have better descriptions now. Item database was updated too.

· Checks for new databases on startup

· Type ability editor, functionality depends on the database version, keep it updated

· Change character level (max 200)

· Change character type level (max 30), Up to 50 seems different but I have not had a chance to investigae it properly.

Fixed:

· Element removed for Tech PA Disks. Left over from debug so should not have shown.

Version 2.2

Fixed:

· 2nd offset for change character name.

Version 2.1

New:

· Change character name.

Version 2.0

New:

· Version Information.

Fixed:

· Several minor functions.

· Update portion.

· Weapon extend information priority was wrong.

Version 1.0

First release information

Save files currently supported:

· Phantasy Star Portable 2 (US/EU/JP)

· Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Demo (JP)

· Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity (JP)

View information from your save file which includes:

· Character level.

· Character type level.

· Character type extend information.

· Character inventory.

· Shared storage.

· Story mode points (points needed for the true ending).

· Backup certain parts of your save file to your PC which includes:

· Whole character from the slot of your choice.

· Character inventory (all items).

· Character inventory (single item).

· Shared storage (all items).

· Shared storage (single item).

:bow: Credits

@EldurRaesir for his help with getting the databases up to date.
The "Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Translation Team" @JamRules, @Weyu etc.

:download: Download

Download and update the re-distributable pack below or update from a previous version:

PSPo2se Save Editor v4.0 build 1010 (Windows)

:arrow: Links

Homepage
Source Code (Windows Forms - Old Version)

Community Database Spreadsheet
(please highlight any rows you change and they will be included in the next update)

:psp: PSPo2se Save Editor v0.1 (PSP Version)

psppso2se.png

Found this hanging around on my PSVITA and thought it would be good to share it before it gets lost forever. It is a PSP EBOOT version of my save editor which includes the save backup options too. Unfortunately there is not much you can edit apart from rebirth data, use the Windows version for more features.

Download from the link below, extract the zip to the root of your MS for your PSP.

PSPo2se Save Editor v0.1 (PSP)

Homepage

Last edited by retrohead,

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for sharing.

Will you be adding more stuff to the Windows version? I remember some of the databases didn't have all of the pictures, so I was wondering if we could share the ones we have to make a somewhat complete list based on the features of your editor.

Good job, and thanks again.

retrohead

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Stupidly I decided to to encrypt the databases and version files for the download packs and I lost the source code a few years back in a HDD crash. The less said on this subject, the better :wacko:

I spent so much time on this that I am going to try and decompile it as it would be nice to get this moved to WPF or something so it looks a bit better and I can add some of the missing features.

You can always just add your images to the folder for your own version for now but I would really appreciate a pack of the missing images myself for if I get this compiling again so don't forget me :)

UPDATE

Forget that, I managed to reverse it and the source code is now on github. The forms can't be designed in visual studio but I might work on something new now it's recovered! The offsets for the data was the bit I would never have been bothered to reproduce so I'm very happy with the progress.

Blu605

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as of now its only possible to add weapons to your inventory on the PC version? Would it be possible to add other items if you knew their data values?

retrohead

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Yes it would be possible yo create other items, i am working on updating this officially but it will take time.

The source has a couple of fixes like importing inventory fixed but im also rebuilding it in WPF at the same time. Creating weapons in the database may lose some special effects but you just need to select the correct unknown effect to get it to work. These tend to be weapon specific specials and its hard to deal with by building my own databases.

I plan to add armour and other items hopefully when I get time.

You can hex edit a weapon file manually if you feel up to it. The databases included with the psp version are decrypted if you need a reference.

Reactions: RikuNoctis

EldurRaesir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I am working on updating this officially but it will take time.
That is awesome to hear! Thank you for continuing to work on it.

The source has a couple of fixes like importing inventory fixed but im also rebuilding it in WPF at the same time. Creating weapons in the database may lose some special effects but you just need to select the correct unknown effect to get it to work. These tend to be weapon specific specials and its hard to deal with by building my own databases.

I plan to add armour and other items hopefully when I get time.

You can hex edit a weapon file manually if you feel up to it. The databases included with the psp version are decrypted if you need a reference.
Will you be adding support for the DLC weapons too?

retrohead

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Will you be adding support for the DLC weapons too?

I'm not sure what you more support you need? Some items may not be translated but the app supports DLC already.

You need the PSN license and the actual data downloaded from PSN else you will just see dummy items in game. There are ways around this which I can't help you with.

Here is a preview of the new version I am working on showing DLC. I've still got a few sections to go before I can work on new things I haven't looked at before but I'll release this once everything from the old one is in.

06-12-2020 04-01-35.png

EldurRaesir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you more support you need? Some items may not be translated but the app supports DLC already.

You need the PSN license and the actual data downloaded from PSN else you will just see dummy items in game. There are ways around this which I can't help you with.

Here is a preview of the new version I am working on showing DLC. I've still got a few sections to go before I can work on new things I haven't looked at before but I'll release this once everything from the old one is in.

View attachment 236918
Maybe support wasn't the right word to describe what I'm asking for. For example, this is what I see in the save editor:
Edit.PNG

Edit2.PNG

As for the preview, that new setup looks good, I can't wait to try it our once its available.

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

View attachment 236918
With "PSN License" what are you referring to?

I remember the previous editor required the .bin files from the game once it saved, and you got those from your PSP and UMD when it saves the game using a certain plugin. Is that it? Or are you actually referring to the .RAP/.zRIF files used to create the license used by the consoles (PSP/Vita/PS3)?

retrohead

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Maybe support wasn't the right word to describe what I'm asking for. For example, this is what I see in the save editor.....
I see. These are just missing data in the database. The next version will allow you to edit the databases so we can all share.

With "PSN License" what are you referring to?

I remember the previous editor required the .bin files from the game once it saved, and you got those from your PSP and UMD when it saves the game using a certain plugin. Is that it? Or are you actually referring to the .RAP/.zRIF files used to create the license used by the consoles (PSP/Vita/PS3)?

Yes, rif files. I wont be offering any support for obtaining DLC, it should be easy enough to work it out on your own.

The save file encryption key will generate itself in the app so you dont need to do anything there

Reactions: RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, rif files. I wont be offering any support for obtaining DLC, it should be easy enough to work it out on your own.

The save file encryption key will generate itself in the app so you dont need to do anything there
Ah, my bad. I think I may have misunderstood your post.

I was under the impression that, for your editor to work, we needed the .RIF files, but I think you just meant that, in order to use the DLC weapons we need to have said DLC installed (ergo, the .RIF/.RAP files from our own account for those items).

This had me a bit worried because I only have a backup of certain .RIF files, and I don't have access to the rest of the DLC as I don't have a PSP here (and Vita and PS3 no longer let you DL those, it seems).

Forget about my previous posts. Thanks for the hard work, and looking forward to your new release. If you need it, I'm sure some of us will gladly help you with some things, like testing, pics, data and so on. Thanks again.

retrohead

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
If you need it, I'm sure some of us will gladly help you with some things, like testing, pics, data and so on. Thanks again.

That would be great. A lot of info I got from action replay codes and wikis. DBerror shows quite a lot of the time for infinity extended weapons as the database is empty for that parameter so it cant work out the ATK etc.

I'm sure there is a weapon database similar to mine in the game but i've never been able to get my hands on it so a community effort is needed really.

We could probably name some of the unknown effects too but I didnt want to just guess. e.g. spread needle, psycho wand, Mr EcoEco Stick etc with their unique properties. Might be able to have some fun with changing projectiles and auras with this.

I've got a few bits left to do before the new one is up to scratch, probably another week or so before i'll release it.

retrohead

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
PSPo2se Save Editor v4.0 build 1001 is now released. Update in app.

The databases can be edited in this version, please feel free to send me your updated databases and I will get them added in to the databases the app downloads.

Images for missing items are also welcomed, please send me them along with the hex code shown in app with the item loaded. Click it to copy it to your clipboard:

upload_2020-12-17_22-24-28.png

Translations, extend level information etc are also welcomed for missing items if you don't want to send a whole database.

Please post the hex code of the item along with the details and I'll get it added.

Hope you like the new version, if you don't like the colour scheme, there is a theme editor to play around with too.

EldurRaesir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@retrohead Fist off, I want to thank you for releasing the new version, its a nice upgrade.

Second, how do I make edits to the database to add weapon names and stats?

Edit - Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited by EldurRaesir,

retrohead

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Every time I attempt to view my PA List it crashes.
I've found the bug, Download 4.0 build 1002 via the app update process.

Btw, if you want to edit PA levels you are out of luck, i left that locked so there is some playability left. You have to find a PA disk then modify the level of that first. :)

EldurRaesir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error with two visual modules that I'm not familiar with. When I click on them, I get a popup, What does this mean?
Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG
The two visual modules are 太正桜に浪漫の嵐 and イルミナルアウラ, and they are both DLC units

retrohead

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I'm getting an error with two visual modules that I'm not familiar with. When I click on them, I get a popup, What does this mean?

The two visual modules are 太正桜に浪漫の嵐 and イルミナルアウラ, and they are both DLC units

I've added compatibility for these now. I've also updated the database with slots for all the DLC I could find but not added all the names yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2