Homebrew [Release] PicoDrive for 3DS

Ken1003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@bubble2k16

Is it possible to soft-reset the console while playing X-Men game on Picodrive 3DS? I mean, there is a stage that you have to do the console soft-resetting in order to beat the stage. I wonder if this "Reset Console" button is soft reset or not. Otherwise, doing hard reset will lose all the progression (I know there is a save state)

(At 1:25)

I know there is a Level Selection code to work around BUT you would also need to hold certain buttons before open the console. After testing this on emulator, it seem not working even I hold the correct buttons and press start to boot the game and keep holding four buttons until the difficulty selection screen shows up.

(Example of doing level selection with this specific method)

This is probably the only genesis title that requires players to do one of those for further progression. If failing that, this game might be unbeatable on Picodrive 3ds :3

Last edited by Ken1003,
Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@bubble2k16

Is it possible to soft-reset the console while playing X-Men game on Picodrive 3DS? I mean, there is a stage that you have to do the console soft-resetting in order to beat the stage. I wonder if this "Reset Console" button is soft reset or not. Otherwise, doing hard reset will lose all the progression (I know there is a save state)

(At 1:25)

I know there is a Level Selection code to work around BUT you would also need to hold certain buttons before open the console. After testing this on emulator, it seem not working even I hold the correct buttons and press start to boot the game and keep holding four buttons until the difficulty selection screen shows up.

(Example of doing level selection with this specific method)

This is probably the only genesis title that requires players to do one of those for further progression. If failing that, this game might be unbeatable on Picodrive 3ds :3

Have you tried making a save state and using reset console?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Ken1003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Nevermind, I end up testing it by myself lol

To know the result faster, I use one of the game genie codes in order to start in that stage and test this.

Surprisingly, it works and it can lead to the final stage :D

Attachments

• X-Men (USA) (Soft Reset Test).jpg
    X-Men (USA) (Soft Reset Test).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: kenseiden and Zense

CorrinInTheHouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having a problem with playing european sonic cd. The BGM doesn't work, and I've tried just about everything, the cue file is correct and the SRAM is set up correctly to play the game, but there's no music. What do I do now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a problem. I'm trying to play european Sonic CD, but there's no music. The cue file is set up correctly and such, and I set up the SRAM for sonic cd, but there's no music, any fixes?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, I'm having a problem with playing european sonic cd. The BGM doesn't work, and I've tried just about everything, the cue file is correct and the SRAM is set up correctly to play the game, but there's no music. What do I do now?

I have a problem. I'm trying to play european Sonic CD, but there's no music. The cue file is set up correctly and such, and I set up the SRAM for sonic cd, but there's no music, any fixes?
Do other CD games have music playing?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Dump the sdmc:/3ds/dspfirm.cdc audio codec with DSP1.
  2. For Sega CD games that are broken into multiple audio files, see how to merge these into a single set of BIN + CUE.
  3. Dealing with Sega CD games like the BIOS and menu selection settings.

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Haven't tested, the only CD game I wanted to play currently was sonic CD, and I chose Europe for soundrack preference.
I believe Japan and Europe have the same soundtrack so you could try that if it doens't bother you too much. If not it's easy to swap music tracks between the regions. Just replace the bin files essentially, in case you get the us to work.

CorrinInTheHouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, although I'm about to test a USA rom that does.
Well, than then that solves the mystery. Bubble's emulators don't play CD games with separate audio files. Take a look in those link(s) in how to go about merging separate BINs into a single BIN, and the other mundane details with using the correct regional BIOS.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

CorrinInTheHouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, than then that solves the mystery. Bubble's emulators don't play CD games with separate audio files. Take a look in those link(s) in how to go about merging separate BINs into a single BIN, and the other mundane details with using the correct regional BIOS.

Alright, I tried it and I got this error.

Exception EInvalidOp in module BINCHUNK.EXE at 00014D1E. Invalid floating point operation.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I tried it and I got this error.

Exception EInvalidOp in module BINCHUNK.EXE at 00014D1E. Invalid floating point operation.
BINCHUNK.EXE is a program specifically made to English patch that PC Engine CD game, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. The part most relevant is the virtual mounting the CUE sheet at step 6A. You can substitute Alcohol 52% or DAEMON Tools with this open source program, OSFMount.

CorrinInTheHouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BINCHUNK.EXE is a program specifically made to English patch that PC Engine CD game, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. The part most relevant is the virtual mounting the CUE sheet at step 6A. You can substitute Alcohol 52% or DAEMON Tools with this open source program, OSFMount.

I'm currently using OSFMount, it's taking a while to mount the drive and windows says it's not responding. Is that usual?

I'm currently using OSFMount, it's taking a while to mount the drive and windows says it's not responding. Is that usual?

And I can't open explorer or it'll crash.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And I can't open explorer or it'll crash.
No, not usual at all. Do you have a backup copy of Sonic CD (EUR) prior to the BINCHUNK patch?

Edit - It's better to mount the CUE + BINs on computer than an external SD card / USB flash drive.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

CorrinInTheHouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one in a zip file, but I may need to restart my PC because it is legitimately not closing. I'm quite worried now.

No, not usual at all. Do you have a backup copy of Sonic CD (EUR) prior to the BINCHUNK patch?

Sorry, forgot to quote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s