Hacking [Release] Persona 1 Undub

AlternativeZero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
persona1.png

It's finally here, an actual complete undub for Persona 1 on the PSP.

I originally approached Canzah as I got the SDK working and was able to encode .pmf videos without any issues but after running into a few issues this was left on the back-burner until requesting assistance with FTI and IcySon was able to get it working.

1. Extract files.
  2. Run Persona 1 Undub Patcher.exe.
  3. Select unpatched Persona .iso as the source file.
  4. Choose desired output directory and filename.
  5. Select "Patch".

NOTE: This does not replace the PSP OST with the PSX OST.

⌈DOWNLOAD⌋
MEGA

Credits:
@IcySon55 - Hacking and Tools
@AlternativeZero – Timing, TL and TLC
@Canzah – QC and Original Repack

Last edited by AlternativeZero,

Snintendog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good i found ya off of reddit thanks again for your work. I am Getting an error trying to open it with 7z I ran a checksum not sure if something went wrong with the upload or the compression.
Checksum SHA-256: 923B49AA70DDAF677DFCC036186C0B1F993ABCCAEE0ADBC2282AFD8286153039

Edit needed to update my 7zip sorry for the false alarm.

Last edited by Snintendog,
  • Angry
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Sabil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, I want to report a possible bug:
The Movie "Strange Phenomena" doesn't have the character's sound, is this intentional?

Pokemanic33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, hate to necro this thread with a brand new account to ask a menial question but...

Is there a way to use both this and the PSX music patch? Perhaps I'm being a choosy beggar, but I'd like to be able to use both at once. I tried using this patch on a PSX music patched ISO (and vice versa), but the checksums didn't line up.

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, hate to necro this thread with a brand new account to ask a menial question but...

Is there a way to use both this and the PSX music patch? Perhaps I'm being a choosy beggar, but I'd like to be able to use both at once. I tried using this patch on a PSX music patched ISO (and vice versa), but the checksums didn't line up.

I'll necro this as well for posterity just in case someone ever wonders about it in the future.
That PSX music patch was made by me purely as a proof of concept and was never meant to be public.
It only restores about 1/3 of the PSX soundtrack because the PSP version has much less tracks than the PS1 version did.
Furthermore due to the LBA protection on the game, extreme concessions were taken to even get the tracks working, such as shortening them or using substantially lower quality.
As such, I truly do not recommend using that patch, it was merely a proof of concept and was never meant to be public, you'll be doing yourself a disservice by using it as it is VERY LOW QUALITY.

Last edited by Canzah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16