Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banner.png

DS/DSi version here.​

PDSX 3D brings parts of the PS1 experience to the 3DS--
random person said:
But Robz, we already have a PS1 emulator on the 3DS!
You can use Retroarch PCSX to play PS1.
Yes, that's true, except the emulation is kinda laggy, due to (maybe) the music functions of the PS1.
It's also sluggish on O3DS, from what I heard.

Those are actually, one of the reasons why I made PDSX 3D.

PDSX 3D is a PS1 pseudo-emulator that brings the BIOS of the PS1 to both the O3DS and N3DS, running at full speed, and enhanced with glorious 3D depth!
Also includes a brand new homebrew Virtual Console menu, featuring the bubbles from the Homebrew Launcher!
You can select the SCPH1001 (OG PS1) or SCPH101 (PSone) BIOS, and also change the aspect ratio of the top screen, so you can enjoy the PS1 logos/menus in widescreen, if you want. ;)

Download
Remember! This cannot run games, so you're only limited to the BIOS.

Credits
  • nocash, for NO$PSX, as I was able to get the inked graphics from the Main Menu, via the VRAM viewer.
  • smealum, for the bubble graphics from Homebrew Launcher.
  • SEGA(?), for the lock-on menu jingle/SFX, as they're used in the HB VC menu.

FAQs
  • Q: What's a pseudo-emulator?
    A: An app that gives the impression of it being an emulator, but actually isn't.
    In PDSX 3D's case, it may look like it's emulating the BIOS of the PS1 on the 3DS or 2DS console, but it's actually a near-faithful recreation/mimic of it, including the logo and menu screens (as you'll see in PDSX 3D's source code).

• Q: Is it normal that the Memory Card and CD Player menus cannot be accessed?
    A: Yes. Those are not implemented yet.

• Q: Does this work on 2DS?
    A: Yes, this works on 2DS as well.

Last edited by RocketRobz, , Reason: Fixed download link

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While we're talking about PS1 error sounds, a Fearful Harmony simulator would be neat too. Besides, then we wouldn't have to burn a Ubuntu disc and wait a minute and a half.

Reactions: Itzumi

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to give this a working CD Player feature, where it can play .wav, .mp3, or .ogg files.
Sadly, I'm knowledgeless when it comes to emulators. :P

This sounds great, I'll definitely try this out. Support for the native bcstm format would be excellent too as only Freeshop seemed to ever this working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.