• Likes 61

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, had to fix a small typo. If you downloaded the release from 30 minutes before, redownload. Otherwise everything is fine.

Reactions: liomajor

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one may be a coincidence.

My sysNAND had a patched TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM, as well as my emuNAND, but I was able to downgrade and obtain my OTP just fine (alongside restoring my sysNAND backup).
same with me as well... had AGB_FIRM patched (I like my GBA games damn it) and no issues with the downgrade, other than a partial which I just fired up a CFW, patched sigs, booted the sysUpdater CIA I had installed and continued on my merry way :D

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, had to fix a small typo. If you downloaded the release from 30 minutes before, redownload. Otherwise everything is fine.

c:/devkitPro/OTPHelper/source/main.c:24:47: error: 'CheckOtp' undeclared here (n
ot in a function)
{ "Validate otp.bin (0x100)", CheckOtp, 0 },
^
arm9.bin fails to generate bcuz checkotp error :/

EDIT:

@d0k3

otphelper.h missing u32 CheckOtp(u32 param);

Last edited by liomajor,

Crownz4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3

I'm going to copy and paste what I posted in my thread:

"When following this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
I was on step 19. Restore SysNAND from emuNAND_unbricked.bin on Section II: Downgrading. The restore failed, so I rebooted to go try again, by pressing Start inside OTPHelper...

I have two fancy black screens staring back at me, with just a single blue light on. Recovery will NOT come up, and taking out the SD card or leaving it in does nothing. This is a n3dsxl. "

Additional info: I had gone through the guide up to that point with no errors, OTPHelper backing up everything just fine. Even when I downgraded to 2.1.0 on emuNAND, it went first go. However, it failed when restoring to sysNAND, and I brick'd. Posting here per @stl25

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3

"When following this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
I was on step 19. Restore SysNAND from emuNAND_unbricked.bin on Section II: Downgrading. The restore failed, so I rebooted to go try again, by pressing Start inside OTPHelper...

I have two fancy black screens staring back at me, with just a single blue light on. Recovery will NOT come up, and taking out the SD card or leaving it in does nothing. This is a n3dsxl. "

Additional info: I had gone through the guide up to that point with no errors, OTPHelper backing up everything just fine. Even when I downgraded to 2.1.0 on emuNAND, it went first go. However, it failed when restoring to sysNAND, and I brick'd. Posting here per @stl25
If restore failed. Don't reboot! You still running OTPHelper so try restore again! If problem persist restore back to 9.2.

Failed SYSNAND restore = brick so don't reboot into bricked mode. Try everything to survive

Last edited by tivu100,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep it in mind ;)
Do you still have the OTPhelper log file on the sd card? If you have time, please upload the log and the unbricked EMUNAND 2.1 bin. Weird that it passed all the checks but failed restoring midway. @d0k3 definitely is very interested in this.

Keep your 9.2 NAND back up safe. You will need it even with hard mod.

Last edited by tivu100,

Crownz4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you still have the OTPhelper log file on the sd card? If you have time, please upload the log and the unbricked EMUNAND 2.1 bin. Weird that it passed all the checks but failed restoring midway. @d0k3 definitely is very interested in this.

Keep your 9.2 NAND back up safe. You will need it even with hard mod.

Sure thing. Here's the log, and I'll use MEGA or so to upload the bin and edit this post for it. @d0k3

Attachments

• OTPHelper.txt
    2 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: tivu100

ShetiPhian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Part4 - Section I - Step 3.
Copy sysUpdater.cia from the sysUpdater zip, TinyFormat.cia from the TinyFormat zip, and arm11.bin and arm9.bin from the OTPHelper zip to the root of your SD card.

I downloaded the newest OTPHelper, OTPHelper-20160314-015456.zip, but there is no arm9.bin

Is this file missing or no longer needed?

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing here that I noticed, there is no arm9.bin in the 0.71 release so I used one from the 0.50 release it still worked but it loaded the older version.

I am pretty sure the file is needed when you are at 2.1 it doesn't load without it. I successfully dumped my otp with the older version of it.

Last edited by Ryu X,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Part4 - Section I - Step 3.
Copy sysUpdater.cia from the sysUpdater zip, TinyFormat.cia from the TinyFormat zip, and arm11.bin and arm9.bin from the OTPHelper zip to the root of your SD card.

I downloaded the newest OTPHelper, OTPHelper-20160314-015456.zip, but there is no arm9.bin

Is this file missing or no longer needed?
Same thing here that I noticed, there is no arm9.bin in the 0.71 release so I used one from the 0.50 release it still worked but it loaded the older version.

I am pretty sure the file is needed when you are at 2.1 it doesn't load without it.
c:/devkitPro/OTPHelper/source/main.c:24:47: error: 'CheckOtp' undeclared here (n
ot in a function)
{ "Validate otp.bin (0x100)", CheckOtp, 0 },
^
arm9.bin fails to generate bcuz checkotp error :/

EDIT:

@d0k3

otphelper.h missing u32 CheckOtp(u32 param);
Yup, that was a small messup that caused the arm9.bin to not be included and I somehow missed the compiler warning / error. Anyways, @ShetiPhian & @Ryu X, download again from GitHub. @liomajor the last commit makes the arm9.bin compile again.

@d0k3

From what I know now, normally, a corrupted NAND image (which would be a possible consequence of a NAND restore failing midway) leads to a bluescreen, not to a black screen. I'll investigate this, can't say much now.

Reactions: liomajor

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Setup:
* N3DSXL (ACHH)
* New SD (16GB Samsung)
* Cubic Ninja prepared for N3DS sysnand 9.2
* Clean Sysnand 9.2 (removed MenuHax)(never used TWL and AGB patches)
* Created fresh emuNAND with GW
* Updated fresh emuNAND to 10.6
* Setup AuReiNAND
* Followd @Plailect guide (but with AuReiNAND, not Cakes (it really doesn't matter what CFW you use))
* Everything was already setup following the guide untill the OTP stuff (waited for @d0k3 good release) (Downgraded emuNAND to 2.1)

Using latest OTPHelper (0.71), i did it the normal way (not cloning, cause the N3DSXL isn't hardmodded)
I learned a few things by doing this an a few N3DS systems (don't count the O3DS systems)
Since i bricked on N3DSXL and had to send it in to recover everything, i do some extra stuff that was removed from the old guide.
(just to be sure :P )

- Dumped 2.1 emuNAND Bricked (emuNAND_bricked.bin) and moved it to PC
- Fixed bricked emuNAND with OTPHelper and dumped the fixed emunand (emuNAND_fixed.bin)
- On Computer fixed emuNAND_bricked.bin with the windows script from the old guide
- Compared the OTPHelper fixed emunand with the script fixed emunand with HxD
- HxD compare result: identical up until all the 00 (offset 3AxOOOOO) in the script dump (So i know this was a good dump from OTPHelper)
- Flashed the OTPHelper fixed emuNAND to sysnand
- Booted straight into sysNAND 2.1
- Dumped OTP and OTP0x108
- Restored 9.2 sysNAND and put my old SD back into it
- Back to how it was before i started everything (MenuHax/ctrBootManager/AuReiNAND)
- Removed MenuHax and ctrbootmanager
- Setup AuReiNand for A9LH
- Compiled and installed A9LH (autoboot into emuNAND 10.6)

So this N3DSXL OTP getting was from the first try a success :)

Note:
- Nothing to do with any of the above, just mentioning it!
- My other N3DSXL had a NAND size of 1,3GB while my N3DS (ambassador edition) and this N3DSXL (ACHH Edition) had a NAND size of 1.9GB
So i don't know if it's like the O3DS that N3DS also uses different chip manufacturers for the NAND.
- While on the 1.3GB NAND there is data till +/- 3/4 and 1/4 at the end is filled with 00 from offset 3AF00000
- On the 1.9GB NAND dumps there's data till halfway and all the rest is filled with 00 from offset 3AB00000 i think it was

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: klear and d0k3

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the old one but its too late for me to use the new one since I am already back on 9.2, here is hoping the otp dumped by the old version is good, about to compile it now.

Edit: Just finished installing al9x on my Old 3DS XL, only reason I tried installing it because I didn't care if my Old 3DS bricked. But luckily everything went well, and it works.

But I am still pretty chicken to do this on my N3DS seems like more people had problems with N3DS and bricked. I actually care about my New 3DS since its a limited edition one.

Last edited by Ryu X,

pokebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setup:
* N3DSXL (ACHH)
* New SD (16GB Samsung)
* Cubic Ninja prepared for N3DS sysnand 9.2
* Clean Sysnand 9.2 (removed MenuHax)(never used TWL and AGB patches)
* Created fresh emuNAND with GW
* Updated fresh emuNAND to 10.6
* Setup AuReiNAND
* Followd @Plailect guide (but with AuReiNAND, not Cakes (it really doesn't matter what CFW you use))
* Everything was already setup following the guide untill the OTP stuff (waited for @d0k3 good release) (Downgraded emuNAND to 2.1)

Using latest OTPHelper (0.71), i did it the normal way (not cloning, cause the N3DSXL isn't hardmodded)
I learned a few things by doing this an a few N3DS systems (don't count the O3DS systems)
Since i bricked on N3DSXL and had to send it in to recover everything, i do some extra stuff that was removed from the old guide.
(just to be sure :P )

- Dumped 2.1 emuNAND Bricked (emuNAND_bricked.bin) and moved it to PC
- Fixed bricked emuNAND with OTPHelper and dumped the fixed emunand (emuNAND_fixed.bin)
- On Computer fixed emuNAND_bricked.bin with the windows script from the old guide
- Compared the OTPHelper fixed emunand with the script fixed emunand with HxD
- HxD compare result: identical up until all the 00 (offset 3AxOOOOO) in the script dump (So i know this was a good dump from OTPHelper)
- Flashed the OTPHelper fixed emuNAND to sysnand
- Booted straight into sysNAND 2.1
- Dumped OTP and OTP0x108
- Restored 9.2 sysNAND and put my old SD back into it
- Back to how it was before i started everything (MenuHax/ctrBootManager/AuReiNAND)
- Removed MenuHax and ctrbootmanager
- Setup AuReiNand for A9LH
- Compiled and installed A9LH (autoboot into emuNAND 10.6)

So this N3DSXL OTP getting was from the first try a success :)

Note:
- Nothing to do with any of the above, just mentioning it!
- My other N3DSXL had a NAND size of 1,3GB while my N3DS (ambassador edition) and this N3DSXL (ACHH Edition) had a NAND size of 1.9GB
So i don't know if it's like the O3DS that N3DS also uses different chip manufacturers for the NAND.
- While on the 1.3GB NAND there is data till +/- 3/4 and 1/4 at the end is filled with 00 from offset 3AF00000
- On the 1.9GB NAND dumps there's data till halfway and all the rest is filled with 00 from offset 3AB00000 i think it was

HHhhhmmmm, my Majora's Mask N3DSXL also has a NAND size of 1.3, so maybe I'll hold off doing this until that's been looked into.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==