Homebrew [Release] OpenBOR for 3DS

Tebra

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A new release is available. Made a few minor tweaks.

GIT: https://github.com/MrHuu/openbor-3ds/releases
TinyDB: https://tinydb.eiphax.tech/

- No longer crashes on exit / insufficient memory.
- .cia build has slightly better compatibility with larger .pak's (on par with the .3dsx build)

Enjoy.
Thank you for this great port of OpenBOR on 3ds.
On my new 2DS the video settings for scaling / stretching don't works whatever I chose.
Many games are unplayable because part of the display/picture are out of the screen.

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for this great port of OpenBOR on 3ds.
On my new 2DS the video settings for scaling / stretching don't works whatever I chose.
Many games are unplayable because part of the display/picture are out of the screen.

I personally only use Scaling to downsize the higher resolutions games,
i prefer to use the default 320x200 games without stretching.

That said, if you've used a previous build before try to delete the settings files (*.cfg) in the /OpenBOR/Saves/ folder.

Do all games you've tried have this issue?

Emulator cant load anny game

Sorry to hear that.
Would you mind sharing which model 3DS/2DS you're using, and which .pak games you're trying to run?

I was able to finish Night Slashers X, Avengers United and Super Mario Brawl without major issues. On my New3DS that is.

The majority i've tested, just to boot and start a game, seem to run fine. Others do crash or run painfully slow.

Reactions: cvskid

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I put games into folder in firts post in .pak and emulator cant show any game

Are you sure you have copied your games to: SD:/3ds/OpenBOR/Paks/

This folder is scanned for supported .pak files.
If not supported, maybe incomplete, the .pak won't show up.

zhuwz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you very much for this port. I have tried Night Slasher X and several Steets of Rage mods on the latest v0.03 build on my New3DS. The games can be successfully loaded, but with no sound. On the first page you said the no sound issue has been fixed. How to get the sound working?

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

zhuwz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Thank you very much for your help. Now there is just one little problem. In your software, the picture is always scaled/pixeldoubled whether the 3D switch is on or off. Nintendo’s Virtual Console games render the graphic in the same way. However, in some emulator, like Snes9x for 3DS and RetroArch, with the 3D switch on, the picture is totally pixel perfect. Is it possible to add this feature to your software?:)

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you very much for your help. Now there is just one little problem. In your software, the picture is always scaled/pixeldoubled whether the 3D switch is on or off. Nintendo’s Virtual Console games render the graphic in the same way. However, in some emulator, like Snes9x for 3DS and RetroArch, with the 3D switch on, the picture is totally pixel perfect. Is it possible to add this feature to your software?:)

https://github.com/MrHuu/openbor-3ds/releases/tag/v0.0.4

I pushed a minor update which allows you to enable the parallax layer using the 3d slider.

r0achtheunsavory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Dungeons & Dragons: Rise of the Warduke 3.0 works for me on OpenBOR (180 MB), but not the redux v1.3 version that's 260 MB. I wonder if it's just that specific file or if the 3DS breaks on all huge sized PAKS?

Working PAK - SHA1: 732478D8F69673B78A9B8AEB97EE06093652C72E

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience, the bigger memory-hungry PAKs usually crash the 3DS, so sticking with smaller PAKs or lite versions is for the best on the 3DS.

Reactions: KimKong

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here's an updated build.

-updated to be able to compile with the latest libctru and sdl-3ds.
including:
-reworked controls
-cleanup rendering code

-reworked menu (to fit 3ds screen) *WIP

Loading .paks to list is still slow, removing the compatibility check should bring down initial loading times significantly.
The logviewer and BGM player aren't adapted yet, but they may be removed in total.
I may strip down the whole menu to a bare minimum, since the current loading time.. makes me sad.

Compatibility with high res (>320x240) games has improved, and an overall increase in fps is noticed.
Only tested on a New3DS so far.

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The attached builds have the initial loading time reduced. Initial load is near instant now.

Attachments

• OpenBOR_CIA_19-05-2021.7z
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 129
  • OpenBOR_3DSX_19-05-2021.7z
    762.7 KB · Views: 100

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr