• Poll closed .

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I still put a custom icon? I'd like it to be consistent with the rest of the MOTHER series :/

The icon is generated from the banner.png on the input folder. For now you can make a custom icon, rename it banner.png, and run banner.bat.
I may change this later. (Don't worry, no one needs to rebuild their CIAs on each new release, unless blargSNES itself gets updated. Until there, there will also be a .bat to update all CIAs.)

Last edited by Ryuzaki_MrL,
Reactions: Skull Kiddo

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The icon is generated from the banner.png on the input folder. For now you can make a custom icon, rename it banner.png, and run banner.bat.
I may change this later. (Don't worry, no one needs to rebuild their CIAs on each new release, unless blargSNES itself gets updated. Until there, there will also be a .bat to update all CIAs.)

Alright, so if I rename the icon to banner.png is the label still automatically generated while it still uses my custom icon or did I misunderstand? If not, is this possible?

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, so if I rename the icon to banner.png is the label still automatically generated while it still uses my custom icon or did I misunderstand? If not, is this possible?

If you run banner.bat it will use banner.png to generate icon and TV screen textures, and map label.png into the SNES texture.
If you already made the banner, then you can just swap banner.png to generate a new icon, then run make.bat.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do we still need the BlargSNES cia installed on the 3DS?

No. Each individual CIA is blargSNES.
Meaning you can use different versions of blargSNES for each rom (I'm still working on this).
For example: v1.2 + A Link to the Past.

Beat_

Trophies
XP
Country
The images I chose for the my Earthbound CIA made it look horrible. Whenever someone makes a CIA for Earthbound with cool images contact me plz ahahaha

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh OOPS lol. Dang. So let me get this right, banner.png is the menu icon and label.png is the label I got from Google, is that right? Can they be any size too (as long as it's proportional)?

Yes, that's right. Banner.png is the home menu icon AND the screenshot shown on the banner's TV screen.
Label.png is the cartridges' label.
They can be of any size (proportion doesn't matter). ImageMagick will resize them automatically.

Reactions: Skull Kiddo

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that's right. Banner.png is the home menu icon AND the screenshot shown on the banner's TV screen.
Label.png is the cartridges' label.
They can be of any size (proportion doesn't matter). ImageMagick will resize them automatically.

Alright, got it, thanks. I have another question to pester you with though. :P I see that in the screenshots it uses the cartridge icon, is it possible to NOT use the cartridge icon and use the default like digital titles?

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
I get why a lot of users might love this, but imo it seems like this is just going to take up a lot of SD card space without improving the emu's functionality much over Blargsnes itself- aside from disabling the bottom screen output. You should release your no bottom screen output version on its own as a CIA. :D

Last edited by coinblock,

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, got it, thanks. I have another question to pester you with though. :P I see that in the screenshots it uses the cartridge icon, is it possible to NOT use the cartridge icon and use the default like digital titles?

How do I make these SNES VC CIA look like the normal SNES VC from eShop?

Just don't import the SNES texture with label into the banner.
With latest version of banner.bat you can change font size and other styling stuff of the banner's info text to be as much accurate as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ