Status
Not open for further replies.

SonikkuTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good lord, that's a lot of steps just to post a few images on Miiverse. I think I'll pass on this and wait for someone else to make this easier.

D

Deleted User

Good lord, that's a lot of steps just to post a few images on Miiverse. I think I'll pass on this and wait for someone else to make this easier.
How is it a lot of steps?

1. Download and install the CIA
2. Put .png images sequentially named (1.png-9.png) into a folder called 'images' on the root of your SD card
3. Run the CIA and post your pictures to Miiverse!

Reactions: I pwned U!

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reposting this here because I felt like it was relevant. It took me forever to make this image.
nwa.png

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that a Wii U kernel exploit is out for the latest firmware, I'd love to make Miiverse Custom Image Tool U... but here's the problem: I've been consoled on my Wii U (presumably for all the unlinked MCIT raids), and I can't test anything out. I'm already getting terrible boot rates with the exploit, so there's not much motivation to try something out. If I ever get any results, I'll post them here (and possibly make a thread for them), but for now, don't count on it.

However, it may very well be possible. Looking at the size of this image, it was taken with a Wii U. So you never know, hacking could expand to Wii U Miiverse...
Photo%20May%2003%2C%208%2009%2042%20PM.png

And if something similar to SecureInfo_A spoofing comes out for Wii U, you bet your butt I'm working with it. Until then...

EDIT: This screenshot happened because the user used Loadiine, in Smash Bros. launch mode. This is probably what everyone in the in-game post section used, too. (except for me)
Maybe when we get IOSU control and all that, I can use something similar for MCITU. :)

Last edited by PF2M,

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now that a Wii U kernel exploit is out for the latest firmware, I'd love to make Miiverse Custom Image Tool U... but here's the problem: I've been consoled on my Wii U (presumably for all the unlinked MCIT raids), and I can't test anything out. I'm already getting terrible boot rates with the exploit, so there's not much motivation to try something out. If I ever get any results, I'll post them here (and possibly make a thread for them), but for now, don't count on it.

However, it may very well be possible. Looking at the size of this image, it was taken with a Wii U. So you never know, hacking could expand to Wii U Miiverse...
Photo%20May%2003%2C%208%2009%2042%20PM.png

And if something similar to SecureInfo_A spoofing comes out for Wii U, you bet your butt I'm working with it. Until then...
That would be great, but I would not use it until we have a Wii U serial number spoofing method.

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
Okay... here's what we need for MCIT U and the unbanning method:
* Some form of launching Lua in a game. The existing code may actually work perfectly.
* Full NAND access
* Full signature bypasses
And that's our checklist! Nick (NWPlayer123, I like calling people by their actual name) says that the unique console information is "somewhere" in the NAND. So, either it's in a file, or just in an enclave in the NAND, laying around there. Though, once we DO get NAND access and when we can explain more than Nick did, we can search for the serial number in hex and find it, so then we need signature bypasses.
I could probably help a lot when NAND access is available... if, well, I even had a Wii U. I don't. I cri evertim.

I was OG and got banned on my real 2DS SN, because MCIT was still new and I had no other option. B-)
(That won't be the case on Wii U, though.)
Yeah, well I'm even more OG because I was CB'd on all of my accounts..

..before you. B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)

Last edited by Deleted member 355359,

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* Some form of launching Lua in a game. The existing code may actually work perfectly.
We don't need that! I only used that for MCIT because it was easy, and there may be a different way to do it. I expected to edit Loadiine's source code to launch specific titles, and then show custom images from there.

consumeroffood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I feel as though Nintendo would only kill MCIT if hundreds or thousands of people were using it daily.

Realistically the number of people using this daily is probably far below 10. Or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway