Homebrew [Release] Lua Player Plus 3DS (lpp-3ds) - LUA interpreter for 3DS

15avaughn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a problem with their SD card formatting.

@15avaughn try this on your microSD card: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432 (this means you need to put it physically into your computer)
I ran a check and there wasn't a single filesystem error.
I redownloaded Tinker and put it on again, still have the "index.lua file not found" error.

Just to be safe, I downloaded another lpp-3ds app that has the index.lua outside of the 3dsx, 3DSHangman by @Rinnegatamante
It works just fine.

I have no idea what's going on here either. I just tested it with my 10.0.3U O3DS, and it worked just fine. All I can think of is that somehow it doesn't like that my N3DS is Japanese, which doesn't really make sense seeing as 3DSHangman worked.

EDIT: Through a series of tests with 3DSHangman and different versions of the lpp-3ds engine,
I've determined that this is probably a problem with lpp-3ds, not Tinker, and probably not my 3DS (it probably happens to any J N3DS, anyone with one, please test.)

I noticed that 3DSHangman was using an old version of lpp-3ds, so I decided to try using it with the two versions I got from the first post (R4 Normal and Unstable) and the version Tinker is using (probably R4 Normal too, but it was just to be thorough)

I just replaced the 3DSX of 3DSHangman, and poof, every single time I got the "index.lua file not found error".

I tried using the version of lpp-3ds that came with 3DSHangman on Tinker, but it spouted out some error about GRAPHICS not being a valid something or other, so I'm just going to assume that it doesn't have support for the functions used in Tinker.

I guess all I can do is look back and see if any old lpp-3ds versions work. This is a weird problem.

EDIT 2: lpp-3DS R3 goes to a black screen. R2 also goes to a black screen. R1 also black screened.

I don't think there's anything else I can do.

Last edited by 15avaughn,

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
I ran a check and there wasn't a single filesystem error.
I redownloaded Tinker and put it on again, still have the "index.lua file not found" error.

Just to be safe, I downloaded another lpp-3ds app that has the index.lua outside of the 3dsx, 3DSHangman by @Rinnegatamante
It works just fine.

I have no idea what's going on here either. I just tested it with my 10.0.3U O3DS, and it worked just fine. All I can think of is that somehow it doesn't like that my N3DS is Japanese, which doesn't really make sense seeing as 3DSHangman worked.

EDIT: Through a series of tests with 3DSHangman and different versions of the lpp-3ds engine,
I've determined that this is probably a problem with lpp-3ds, not Tinker, and probably not my 3DS (it probably happens to any J N3DS, anyone with one, please test.)

I noticed that 3DSHangman was using an old version of lpp-3ds, so I decided to try using it with the two versions I got from the first post (R4 Normal and Unstable) and the version Tinker is using (probably R4 Normal too, but it was just to be thorough)

I just replaced the 3DSX of 3DSHangman, and poof, every single time I got the "index.lua file not found error".

I tried using the version of lpp-3ds that came with 3DSHangman on Tinker, but it spouted out some error about GRAPHICS not being a valid something or other, so I'm just going to assume that it doesn't have support for the functions used in Tinker.

I guess all I can do is look back and see if any old lpp-3ds versions work. This is a weird problem.

EDIT 2: lpp-3DS R3 goes to a black screen. R2 also goes to a black screen. R1 also black screened.

I don't think there's anything else I can do.

Hey there, thanks for looking into the issue. Tinker uses a freshly built version of lpp-3ds which ihaveamac compiled for me here. Without that particular version, I couldn't get 3dsx launching working correctly. However, I tested Tinker on R4 for pretty much the entire time I was developing it and it seemed to render the graphics without a black screen. Is R4 one of the versions that still throws the file not found for you?

15avaughn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, thanks for looking into the issue. Tinker uses a freshly built version of lpp-3ds which ihaveamac compiled for me here. Without that particular version, I couldn't get 3dsx launching working correctly. However, I tested Tinker on R4 for pretty much the entire time I was developing it and it seemed to render the graphics without a black screen. Is R4 one of the versions that still throws the file not found for you?
Yep, every revision but R4 gives me a black screen, and R4 gives me the same old "Error: index.lua file not found" error.
That makes sense, seeing as that feature was added in R4: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...terpreter-for-3ds.384202/page-33#post-5849367

I even tried to run another lua homebrew, Sunshell, because I saw it had lpp-3ds built-in, but it also just black screened.

I also searched this thread for any mention of "Japan" or "Japanese" and I didn't find a single result.
Ugh, this is frustrating. Not only will your homebrew not work, but since this isn't working I'm going to be locked out of a ton of cool homebrews written in lua.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, every revision but R4 gives me a black screen, and R4 gives me the same old "Error: index.lua file not found" error.
That makes sense, seeing as that feature was added in R4: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...terpreter-for-3ds.384202/page-33#post-5849367

I even tried to run another lua homebrew, Sunshell, because I saw it had lpp-3ds built-in, but it also just black screened.

I also searched this thread for any mention of "Japan" or "Japanese" and I didn't find a single result.
Ugh, this is frustrating. Not only will your homebrew not work, but since this isn't working I'm going to be locked out of a ton of cool homebrews written in lua.
what are you using to run homebrew?

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
If it does come down to a filesystem problem you might want to try a clean format of your SD. Backup every single file on it to your computer, run Panasonic's SD formatter and copy everything back.

15avaughn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try reinstalling it, and try other entry points.
Same result as always through browserhax, ditto for reinstalled themehax, as for OOThax, the same exact thing.
If it does come down to a filesystem problem you might want to try a clean format of your SD. Backup every single file on it to your computer, run Panasonic's SD formatter and copy everything back.
It can't be a file system error. I just tested my O3DS microSD in my N3DS and vice versa. The N3DS didn't work with either, the O3DS worked with both.

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
Same result as always through browserhax, ditto for reinstalled themehax, as for OOThax, the same exact thing.

It can't be a file system error. I just tested my O3DS microSD in my N3DS and vice versa. The N3DS didn't work with either, the O3DS worked with both.
Ah that's a shame. Hopefully Rinnegatamante can shed some light on the problem.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rinnegatamante will probably have to look into this, because this is really strange.

you could probably test this very quick script I made that does nothing but print text on the screen. if it doesn't work then I'm stumped.

https://ianburgwin.net/LPPTest.zip

15avaughn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rinnegatamante will probably have to look into this, because this is really strange.

you could probably test this very quick script I made that does nothing but print text on the screen. if it doesn't work then I'm stumped.

https://ianburgwin.net/LPPTest.zip
Same problem as always, "Error: index.lua file not found"
This is one of the weirdest technological problems I've ever had.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?