Homebrew Official [Release] kit-kat 2.0 - Wireless Capture-card

BAMvsGAME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an unhandled exception error titled 'microsoft .net framework' whenever I try to open the app up. Anything I can do to fix this?

potatoes828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is specifically with pokemon, and i've read and watched all the tutorials. no matter what i do, it'll just freeze after i resume gameplay when ntrviewer is loaded. https://qt.vidyagam.es/wmYWSEn.png

i can't figure it out, but it works for any other game

If you are using KitKat, don't enable debugger (step where you press X&Y at the same time)

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
kitkat 1.5.3.0 has an unhandled exception that occurs when NTR is not active or has not launched correctly (it is launched and as such NTR Selector doesn't want to launch it again, but XY key combo does nothing). The exception says : "Could not connect to the computer because it expressly refused it"

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I keep getting this error when I choose to connect my new 3DS: http://puu.sh/tfTAF/1afa13647b.png

Is it solved by installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2? Because it looks like I have it installed but this error keeps pooping out.
I'm getting the same issue if I try connecting to the 3DS when its on my usual network.

If I connect when its on Connectify then it works with around 23-29fps but not very stable.

NEKpewar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I followed all the Su/Mo's streaming tutorial but nothing always freezes when I resume the game!!!

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
[1.6.0] The Colorful Update
https://github.com/initPRAGMA/kit-kat/releases/tag/1.6.0
This update was in the works for quite a bit compared to all the rest of my updates - ever.
There is now full support for custom themes, you guys may not know, but custom-colors was actually slightly implemented since v1.0, the reason its only working now as it wasn't referenced and/or being updated properly.
There's also a few general UI changes too along with a few bug fixes.
Also a custom Color Picker based on Photoshop's Color Picker.

If you notice any errors with colors ever, anywhere, let me know straight away. Since I had to refactore pretty much every single controls color draw's, I most likely accidentally skipped over one or two or forgot to make it update correctly.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I get an unhandled exception error titled 'microsoft .net framework' whenever I try to open the app up. Anything I can do to fix this?
Get .net framework 4.6.2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I keep getting this error when I choose to connect my new 3DS: http://puu.sh/tfTAF/1afa13647b.png

Is it solved by installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2? Because it looks like I have it installed but this error keeps pooping out.
Yes it is, .net framework 4.6.2 is needed.

I followed all the Su/Mo's streaming tutorial but nothing always freezes when I resume the game!!!
Connect 2 times before going back in-game and it shouldnt freeze, re-watch the tutorial as I added an annotation that helps debug this issue.

Make sure kit-kat's window says "Written Sun/Moon patches" before resuming the game. Repress "connect" if it doesn't appear after a couple seconds.
This guy knows whats up.

kitkat 1.5.3.0 has an unhandled exception that occurs when NTR is not active or has not launched correctly (it is launched and as such NTR Selector doesn't want to launch it again, but XY key combo does nothing). The exception says : "Could not connect to the computer because it expressly refused it"
Steps to re-produce this error? As I cant get it to happen on my end.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only just noticed the rom building/extracting support. Really cool. My question is if there are other planned features? No particular request, just that with an AIO thing like this, it makes me wonder what more can be included.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I only just noticed the rom building/extracting support. Really cool. My question is if there are other planned features? No particular request, just that with an AIO thing like this, it makes me wonder what more can be included.
U only just noticed it because it only just came out 10 mins ago :3
And ill be adding more to tab 4 for various rom related stuff.
Other than that im kinda out of ideas.

Reactions: RustInPeace

opiumskittles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some issues streaming with kitkat with my newly hacked 3DS. I can stream the home menu and I can get an image from the stream if I bring the home menu up. But the second I attempt to actually stream a game, the screen either goes black or turns into pure noise. (http://imgur.com/a/8H1cq). The quality shows above 90% when it is streaming for the most part, these images had it low because they were in the process of bringing up the home menu. What can I do to fix this?

Also, if I stream a game, say Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and close the game to return to the menu and try to launch the game again, I get stuck on the 3DS logo and have to hold the power button down to reset the entire system. Is there any way to solve this?

Last edited by opiumskittles,

Fumiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Amazing this new update is wonderful and works wonders, 99% quality and 40fps but that's my internet connection being funky.

Reactions: PRAGMA

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Steps to re-produce this error? As I cant get it to happen on my end.
Sorry, I can't give you much more informations, like I said it happens every time I try to connect while NTR isn't in a state where it can connect (It did on 1.5.3 and it still on 1.6.0). I can give you the full error text I get, though I doubt it'd be useful :
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.AggregateException: Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Aucune connexion n’a pu être établie car l’ordinateur cible l’a expressément refusée 192.168.137.4:8000
à System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
à System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
à ntrbase.NTR.connectToServer(Boolean Stream)
à kit_kat.MainForm.connect(String host, Int32 port, Boolean closeNTR)
à kit_kat.MainForm.ConnectButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à kit_kat.MaterialButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
---> (Exception interne #0) System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Aucune connexion n’a pu être établie car l’ordinateur cible l’a expressément refusée 192.168.137.4:8000
à System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
kit-kat
Version de l'assembly : 1.6.0.0
Version Win32 : 1.6.0.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/Users/Alix/Downloads/kit-kat-1.6.0.0.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
Version Win32 : 4.6.1586.0
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
Version de l'assembly : 0.0.0.0
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm using a hotspot from my laptop's built-in wifi chip (I get my internet conection from there too) ? Is there something else I could do to try adressing this error ?

ReiNyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's a shame -- nothing ventured nothing gained, however. One more issue, Input Redirection works like a charm otherwise, but when I attempt to go online to play a game [Final Fantasy Explorers, to give more details], it seems that online services are shut off, even though I'm not using the streaming/capture card service. Is this a side-effect of NTRCFW?

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm having some issues streaming with kitkat with my newly hacked 3DS. I can stream the home menu and I can get an image from the stream if I bring the home menu up. But the second I attempt to actually stream a game, the screen either goes black or turns into pure noise. (http://imgur.com/a/8H1cq). The quality shows above 90% when it is streaming for the most part, these images had it low because they were in the process of bringing up the home menu. What can I do to fix this?

Also, if I stream a game, say Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and close the game to return to the menu and try to launch the game again, I get stuck on the 3DS logo and have to hold the power button down to reset the entire system. Is there any way to solve this?
It should work fine, connect while on the home menu, and if it freezes when you go in-game then the game is probably starting a Local Play/NFC Connection which freezes NTR. To bypass this, click the red button next to Connect to send a patch. This "Might" fix it but I cant confirm.

Sorry, I can't give you much more informations, like I said it happens every time I try to connect while NTR isn't in a state where it can connect (It did on 1.5.3 and it still on 1.6.0). I can give you the full error text I get, though I doubt it'd be useful :
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.AggregateException: Une ou plusieurs erreurs se sont produites. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Aucune connexion n’a pu être établie car l’ordinateur cible l’a expressément refusée 192.168.137.4:8000
à System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
à System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
à ntrbase.NTR.connectToServer(Boolean Stream)
à kit_kat.MainForm.connect(String host, Int32 port, Boolean closeNTR)
à kit_kat.MainForm.ConnectButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
à kit_kat.MaterialButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
---> (Exception interne #0) System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Aucune connexion n’a pu être établie car l’ordinateur cible l’a expressément refusée 192.168.137.4:8000
à System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
kit-kat
Version de l'assembly : 1.6.0.0
Version Win32 : 1.6.0.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/Users/Alix/Downloads/kit-kat-1.6.0.0.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
Version de l'assembly : 0.0.0.0
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm using a hotspot from my laptop's built-in wifi chip (I get my internet conection from there too) ? Is there something else I could do to try adressing this error ?
Its working fine though when you connect normally right? and could you try recording your 3DS and PC and show me while your trying to connect? Its doing some kind of socket error which is really odd.
Also, using your inbuilt wifi chip as a "Hotspot" isnt the same as a external USB wifi adapter as a hotspot, I dont recommend doing this at all it will just give more latency resulting in less FPS.

That's a shame -- nothing ventured nothing gained, however. One more issue, Input Redirection works like a charm otherwise, but when I attempt to go online to play a game [Final Fantasy Explorers, to give more details], it seems that online services are shut off, even though I'm not using the streaming/capture card service. Is this a side-effect of NTRCFW?
Your only option is to send the Memory patch before opening the game, this patch disables games from starting NFC/Internet e.t.c resulting in NTR not freezing.
But this stops you from playing online.
At the moment I dont know the address for NFC of any other game other than Pokemon Sun/Moon so I cant add a NFC patch thats like Sun/Moon.
So until the Address is found, you just have to stick with playing it offline.

Just to let you know, if you go into an online connection in-game BEFORE you click Connect on kit-kat it will actually stay connected while you play online, but once you go offline/the game disconnects, NTR will be frozen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT