PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Ok, so on a hunch I decided to refresh the Fing app before trying anything else. Turns out my 3ds had randomly been assigned a new IP address... Feel really dumb for not thinking of it sooner.

Problem I'm running into now is that when I'm in-game (Pokemon Sun, once again) with NTR booted, I have no internet connection whatsoever. When I return to the home menu, the connection is completely grayed out for a second before coming back up. Then I can see it gray out again right before the game opens back up.

Process I went through for Sun was:
Fire up 3ds, run Boot Selector, load up Pokemon Sun, load up my save file, return to home menu, connect with CTR-V, then go back into the game.

Home menu streams just fine after connecting and before bringing the game back up, so I'm optimistic!
Thats all normal, What you need to do is reboot, Open NTR, Open SuMo, Load the save (Wait til you see your character), Press the home button, Connect with CTRV (Wait for it to be finished sending the "Sun/Moon NFC Patch"), Then go back in the game and everything should work fine.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
That's odd, I didn't see anything about sending the NFC patch...
Then you didnt click connect once you have the game open and when you home button. You have to basically have the game open, and home button so the 3ds can connect online so CTR-V can connect, and since SunMoon is open, CTRV can detect its open and since it can detect sumo it will send the NFC patch. Then just go back into the game and voila.
Stupid Q but when I tell you to "Home menu it" are you home menu -> Close the game? Because your not meant to :3

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd if I use normal BootNTR it works. But after trying NTR Selector that's when I get the white screen error. Selector did it's auto update. Is there a setting I need to change there?

essarim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you didnt click connect once you have the game open and when you home button. You have to basically have the game open, and home button so the 3ds can connect online so CTR-V can connect, and since SunMoon is open, CTRV can detect its open and since it can detect sumo it will send the NFC patch. Then just go back into the game and voila.
Stupid Q but when I tell you to "Home menu it" are you home menu -> Close the game? Because your not meant to :3

Nah, I've followed all the instructions to the T. And no, I haven't been closing the game I'm trying to stream. The only things I see after I hit "Connect" in CTR-V (again, after I boot the NTR, go into game, load my save, then hit the Home button. Nothing further) are as follows:

In the CTR-V window:
RemotePlay Activated
Connected
NTRViewer Started
Server Disconnected

In the NTRViewer.exe window:
set buff size:8388608
format changed: 2
(streaming stuff such as quality and fps)

No mention of the NFC patch anywhere. Been sitting here streaming the home menu with no issues for about 10 minutes now with the game open in the background.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Nah, I've followed all the instructions to the T. And no, I haven't been closing the game I'm trying to stream. The only things I see after I hit "Connect" in CTR-V (again, after I boot the NTR, go into game, load my save, then hit the Home button. Nothing further) are as follows:

In the CTR-V window:
RemotePlay Activated
Connected
NTRViewer Started
Server Disconnected

In the NTRViewer.exe window:
set buff size:8388608
format changed: 2
(streaming stuff such as quality and fps)

No mention of the NFC patch anywhere. Been sitting here streaming the home menu with no issues for about 10 minutes now with the game open in the background.
Try clicking Connect 2 times.

FILM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i'm kind of at a loss here.

ek420q.png

so this is what occurs after trying connect twice. also, NTRViewer is not so much a white screen as it is a vacuum of anything that is dragged over it.
determined my ip of 192.168.1.104, started from fresh reboot, booted NTR 3.4 via selector, loaded game save (megami meguri), went to the home menu, detected internet, and then tried to connect, and tried to connect a second time.

u4mfhs.png

this is what happens with pokemon sun moon.

that final "connected" is actually an attempt at sending the memory patch which, every time i've tried it (regardless of the game) shows 'connected' forever. clicking 'disconnect' results in "Server disconnected" but the upper left button for connecting in the UI remains as "Disconnect" until you restart the CTR-V client. i've tried both sending the memory patch with the game open and without the game open (just from the menu screen)

i've checked to make sure there are no conflicting plugins (only cpuclock.plg on sd)
firewall is disabled on router (not sure if that's relevant)
i've deleted the appdata for CTR-V several times to try starting from fresh as well

what else might i be neglecting?

edit1: my pc is hardwired and using a dongle to connect to wifi, disabled my lan connection to see if that solved the bind error but it still came up with the same result. ports are fowarded and firewall is down.

Last edited by FILM,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
yea i'm kind of at a loss here.

ek420q.png

so this is what occurs after trying connect twice. also, NTRViewer is not so much a white screen as it is a vacuum of anything that is dragged over it.
determined my ip of 192.168.1.104, started from fresh reboot, booted NTR 3.4 via selector, loaded game save (megami meguri), went to the home menu, detected internet, and then tried to connect, and tried to connect a second time.

u4mfhs.png

this is what happens with pokemon sun moon.

that final "connected" is actually an attempt at sending the memory patch which, every time i've tried it (regardless of the game) shows 'connected' forever. clicking 'disconnect' results in "Server disconnected" but the upper left button for connecting in the UI remains as "Disconnect" until you restart the CTR-V client. i've tried both sending the memory patch with the game open and without the game open (just from the menu screen)

i've checked to make sure there are no conflicting plugins (only cpuclock.plg on sd)
firewall is disabled on router (not sure if that's relevant)
i've deleted the appdata for CTR-V several times to try starting from fresh as well

what else might i be neglecting?

edit1: my pc is hardwired and using a dongle to connect to wifi, disabled my lan connection to see if that solved the bind error but it still came up with the same result. ports are fowarded and firewall is down.
Ok your a bit confused on what you actually do, The double connecting was only a debug thing for working out an issue with someone previously. You dont normally do that.
Double connecting opens 2 NTRViewer, Keeps the first open, and opens a second. This causes the second one not to connect as the first one already is connected. Thats why it says Bind Error.
Simply close the second one.
You dont need to do the whole home menu connect thing for all games, Just games that freeze NTR Viewer when you open them (Pokemon, Some Zelda Games).
Also the whole NFC patch is ONLY for Sun/Moon not other games. From the log when your trying to open Sun/Moon it seems to be working perfectly fine on the first connect. If it's at a white screen then its probably something to do with whatever version of windows your on, It looks like XP or Vista. Try Windows 7.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
anything new added? like 1.5 screen size?
I tried to add .x screen size but when NTRViewer launched it completely errored out and just showed a Missingno like screen (No joke xD)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gonna try custom build NTRViewer and remove the second "Log Window".
Probs wont go well since I dont know C++ much, but ill give it a shot.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I tried to add .x screen size but when NTRViewer launched it completely errored out and just showed a Missingno like screen (No joke xD)

Gonna try custom build NTRViewer and remove the second "Log Window".
Probs wont go well since I dont know C++ much, but ill give it a shot.
The .x option worked only if I manually edit the config file before opening CTR-V. Not sure if this information is helpful or not...

Leooogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
on nitro stream i can set the screen size to be 2.7 which makes almost full screen for me, i can't do that with this?

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
on nitro stream i can set the screen size to be 2.7 which makes almost full screen for me, i can't do that with this?
*hint hint*Fullscreen soon :P*hint hint*

[v1.1.8]
The Stability Patch
Oh Boy, Few new things this patch, So thanks to Dennis for reporting that the Auto-Connect and Batch Linker were broken (They are now fixed).
There is a huge update to NTRViewer itself, The Embed NTRViewer.exe is now using the 3.4Preview1's DLL's (Older DLLs) BUT there is an improvement! It no longer has the unwanted Console Log window! Some people may like it as it says the FPS, But who really needs it when it already says it on the top of the main stream window anyway.
There is a few changes in the back-end with some code improvements like error-handlers (For example when you enter the wrong IP).

Reactions: NekoMichi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...