[Release]KillerMan: Ghost Buster

This is a fun little minigame I wrote based on the Mega Man Battle Network series style of gameplay. You play as KillerMan from MegaMan Battle Network 6 and fight off waves of ghosts and viruses to try to get a high score. The game features stages where you fight sets of viruses and an endless mode where you test how long you can last against an endless wave of ghosts and viruses.

Screenshots:
oRQHkQt.png
UbVrjih.png
1UVlywt.png
Gameplay:
Controls:
D-pad/Circle Pad: Move
B: HexSickle
A: Use Chip
Y: DeleteBeam
L: Cycle Selected Chip Left
R: Cycle Selected Chip Right
Controls are fully customizable from the options menu.
Start+Select exits to launcher

Stages:
Each stage has a ghost busting stage and a virus busting stage.
During the ghost busting stage, ghosts randomly spawn in large groups until you clear the required amount of ghosts. The kill goal is indicated in the bottom screen.

After clearing the ghost busting stage viruses begin to spawn, in addition to smaller groups of ghosts. Viruses are much tougher than ghosts and require more hits destroy.

Items:
nb9r09G.gif
BattleChips randomly spawn throughout the battle. Collecting these will grant more powerful attacks that can clear waves of ghosts faster or take down viruses faster. Each chip only grants a one time use of the attack.

DS5GMqb.gif
Bugfrags randomly spawn throughout the battle. Collecting these will recover HP.

Shadow Enemies:
M5EO7vD.gif
Some enemies, such as Ghost3, are shadow enemies. These enemies can only be destroyed with sword based attacks and will take no damage from others.

Download .3DSX and .SMDH
Download Old 1.02 .3DSX and .SMDH

Download Old 1.01 .3DSX and .SMDH
Download Old 1.00 .3DSX and .SMDH

Last edited by Greiga Master,

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
This is a fun little minigame I wrote based on the Mega Man Battle Network series style of gameplay. You play as KillerMan from MegaMan Battle Network 6 and fight off waves of ghosts and viruses to try to get a high score. The game features stages where you fight sets of viruses and an endless mode where you test how long you can last against an endless wave of ghosts and viruses.

Screenshots:
oRQHkQt.png
UbVrjih.png
1UVlywt.png
Gameplay:
Controls:
D-pad/Circle Pad: Move
B: HexSickle
A: Use Chip
Y: DeleteBeam
L: Cycle Selected Chip Left
R: Cycle Selected Chip Right
Controls are fully customizable from the options menu.

Stages:
Each stage has a ghost busting stage and a virus busting stage.
During the ghost busting stage, ghosts randomly spawn in large groups until you clear the required amount of ghosts. The kill goal is indicated in the bottom screen.

After clearing the ghost busting stage viruses begin to spawn, in addition to smaller groups of ghosts. Viruses are much tougher than ghosts and require more hits destroy.

Items:
nb9r09G.gif
BattleChips randomly spawn throughout the battle. Collecting these will grant more powerful attacks that can clear waves of ghosts faster or take down viruses faster. Each chip only grants a one time use of the attack.

DS5GMqb.gif
Bugfrags randomly spawn throughout the battle. Collecting these will recover HP.

Shadow Enemies:
M5EO7vD.gif
Some enemies, such as Ghost3, are shadow enemies. These enemies can only be destroyed with sword based attacks and will take no damage from others.
Download .3DSX and .SMDH
Truly amazing, congratulations! Having a blast with it.
I must ask though, do you plan on adding a feature to make the game fit the screen in the future? I realize there's a "Scale" setting available but it makes everything look messy.

Reactions: BurningDesire

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
N2DS , Ironhaxx , 10.1.0.27U , Homebrew channel , HBL grid
I was launching it through Themehax, but I tested Ironhax, Tubehax, and Sliderhax and all of them worked on my O3DS.
It's probably a 2DS issue. If you press Start twice at the main menu screen, does it take you to the level selection screen normally?

BlueOnClues

GBAtemp's Burgerpants
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I can still hear the song and etc , but when i touch a button it does'nt come of . it still show up with the same screen and image in the back

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was launching it through Themehax, but I tested Ironhax, Tubehax, and Sliderhax and all of them worked on my O3DS.
It's probably a 2DS issue. If you press Start twice at the main menu screen, does it take you to the level selection screen normally?

It Does , Its Work At the Same Speed Of My N3DS , But It Does A Black Out

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
This seems like a very great hb game!

Everything in the 3DS scene has been so freaking awesome since ninjhax 2! I love this cool and very active community :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1