Hacking [Release] JoyCon-Driver v0.98 for PC

gozu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so can we use both of joycons ? one doesnt do anithing( left) and right is recogniced by my computer, =/ sorry i have read the tutorial but there arent alot of information

have you tried rebooting both joy cons and updating them to the latest firmware? Probably won't work but it's all I can think of.

UmbraNoctis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gyroscope visualizer is hanging on launch for me and I'm not getting any output when I try to configure a controller on Dolphin. Are these known issues?

EDIT: Left joy-con is more or less okay, but there's an input delay of multiple seconds for the right joy-con.

Last edited by UmbraNoctis,

Taorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find it on google and drop it into the folder
It's not a great idea to take a dll from some random place on the internet.

It says MSVCP140.dll is missing when I try to run it.

Search for Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on Google. You will find a link from Microsoft. Download and install it (x64 and x32). Your problem should be gone.

Last edited by Taorn,

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had an absolute NIGHTMARE a few months ago when trying to use vJoy. I couldn't find any decent info on how to get it working properly. Both JoyCons connected to the laptop fine, but vJoy just never saw them...

Is this a lot easier to use? It doesn't really matter to me as I bought a Bluetooth XBO controller to use with Steam now, but I'm still interested in trying out the JoyCons for Emulation things :)

Reactions: MAN-biker

I_doTinySoldering

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain the polling cadence/interval timing and the latency we can expect when using a Joycon on a PC over USB? I recall hearing that the JoyCon uses a strange polling time pattern.

Bligward

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this driver for emulation for a couple of weeks now, and it works great. But there's a issue that has been happening for me.
Yesterday I tried to play Sonic Worlds with my joycons, seeing as it work well with Dolphin. The issue is that Sonic Worlds only registered the left joycon, and not only that, it registered up as down and down as up, even though x360ce were mapped correctly. This same thing happen today when I tried playing The Bumper Engine. So I have to ask, is it the games fault or is there something wrong with the drivers?

Update: Nevermind, it seems that this problem will be fixed later.

Last edited by Bligward,
D

Deleted User

Joycons on latest, windows 10 on latest, This driver on latest. Both joycons detect seperetly in the controller control panel settings, but the right one stops working immedietely once the two are combined together. Strange and annoying.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pls update this app, you cant use the combine controllers option, whats the point of it if it doesnt work, plus i cant even get the left joycons joy stick to work with it.

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
thank you. it works nicely (although i need to remove and re-pair every disconnect).

but one thing i dont understand: how to click? (left click and right click)

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
It seems like vJoy will no longer recognize the joycons without running JoyCon-Driver since running it the first time. If I run JoyCon-Driver again, then vJoy seems to recognize all the inputs again. Is there any uninstalling of JoyCon-Driver one needs to do to have vJoy take input from the joycons again? After many hours troubleshooting, I've decided to take different routes to use my joycons in Steam games, but I can't while vJoy is left non-functioning like this.

Alegria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's not a great idea to take a dll from some random place on the internet.

Search for Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on Google. You will find a link from Microsoft. Download and install it (x64 and x32). Your problem should be gone.
Hi! I've had two similar errors I fixed easily thanks to google, but now I have this and google doesn't help me, even when I reduce my search terms to "virtualquery library api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-2.dll"

1635010337240.png

(le point d'entrée de procédure virtualquery est introuvable dans la bibliothèque de liens dynamiques api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-2.dll)

(edit: this had the answer, sorry I bothered you https://gbatemp.net/threads/connecting-joycons-to-pc-tutorial-with-analog-support.471017/ )

Last edited by Alegria,

ikaros2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it would be great if JoyCon-Driver could be build for the Xbox Series S/X RetroArch/Dolphin port. I think that Xbox has a built-in bluetooth adapter.
Anyway, thanks mfosse!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte