Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

D

Deleted-236924

Well, regardless of which boot.3dsx file you have, you'll get stuck on a yellow screen sometimes. That's independent of the boot.3dsx, it's a payload thing.
The boot.3dsx isn't even loaded until after the debug screen with the scrolling numbers :P

(In fact, I use CBM on my XL and I get that yellow screen every so often.)

It will "fix" the issue with GridLauncher on exiting XML apps though, because you never actually exit to GridLauncher. You exit to another app which stealthily launches GridLauncher again without you noticing. :P

Last edited by ,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@Pingouin7 I didn't assumed it worked. I tested it for myself and more than 75 people have downloaded it and you are the first one to keep having problems. It's not perfect.
I used to get:
5 out of 10 yellow screen on boot and now I get like 1 every 15 boots.
You should reinstall your payloads or something. I know you didn't really fix the problem but @mashers is taking a break and I did it to help people having this problems until he comes back and hopefully can reproduce the problems after trying out what I commented HERE.

It will "fix" the issue with GridLauncher on exiting XML apps though, because you never actually exit to GridLauncher. You exit to another app which stealthily launches GridLauncher again without you noticing. :P

Of course that is what is does :P! but it works and not anyone knows or want to setup another app to make it work so I did this for easy installation. In the post I tell like more that 3 time that is using cbm and in the post above yours I even call it a workaround. I'm no dev. I just want to help as much as I can. Sorry it did not worked for you but that does not mean it haven't worked for others. I even took the time of asking other members to know their results.

Last edited by JJTapia19,
D

Deleted-236924

@Pingouin7 I didn't assume it worked. I tested it for myself and more than 75 people have downloaded it and you are the first one to keep having problems. It's not perfect.
I used to get:
5 out of 10 yellow screen on boot and now I get like 1 every 15 boots.

Yes. It used to be 5 out of 10 crash on boot on 2.5, and ever since menuhax 2.0 came out, it's much closer to the 1/15 figure you just gave me :P
Besides, you just said it yourself. It doesn't fix it, it still happens ~1/15 times.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: JJTapia19

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yes. It used to be 5 out of 10 crash on boot on 2.5, and ever since menuhax 2.0 came out, it's much closer to the 1/15 figure you just gave me :P
Besides, you just said it yourself. It doesn't fix it, it still happens ~1/15 times.
Yeah, I just changed the word fix to improves the boot rate. That's more accurate. I just got exited when I tested 12 times in a row without yellow screen. xD

D

Deleted-236924

Yeah, I felt the same way when I installed menuhax 2.0
on 1.3 with the 2.5 ropbin payload, it crashed sooooooo often, it made me consider going back to 2.1 until things were sorted out.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JJTapia19, you just made me think of something so incredibly brilliant that it might be why @mashers hasn't been able to recreate the boot issue.

He uses his emergency boot method which is a multi boot launcher that may be keeping him from having any of these problems!!!

I know I use the same thing he has set up and I don't have any of the troubles with booting up multiple times or whatnot so maybe that's why he can't recreate the bug!!!!!!

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@JJTapia19, you just made me think of something so incredibly brilliant that it might be why @mashers hasn't been able to recreate the boot issue.

He uses his emergency boot method which is a multi boot launcher that may be keeping him from having any of these problems!!!

I know I use the same thing he has set up and I don't have any of the troubles with booting up multiple times or whatnot so maybe that's why he can't recreate the bug!!!!!!
Yeah that must be it You even liked my comment when I said it here :P but @mashers haven't seen it yet. I hope he's ok :sad:

Reactions: LiuAnshan

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone

I've had a break from developing GridLauncher and also from the site. The bug fix requests turned into too much pressure for me. I haven't even used my 3DS for the past week. But I'm feeling a bit better now, so I'm back :) I'm happy to confirm that @JJTapia19 and @Xenosaiga are correct - removing the emergency launcher and booting straight into GridLauncher has allowed me to replicate the problem with sound. Using @RedHat's fix allows it to work albeit without sound after returning from an XML title. So I'm going to try to look at this problem now I can actually reproduce it. I won't be working at the same pace I was previously as I have a lot going on IRL at the moment.

I would respectfully request that everybody remembers that this is a beta. I will do my best to fix bugs when I can, but there are no guarantees. Please also check through the thread before posting about bugs, as it's very stressful to have a lot of people reporting the same issue.

Thanks everyone for understanding.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone

I've had a break from developing GridLauncher and also from the site. The bug fix requests turned into too much pressure for me. I haven't even used my 3DS for the past week. But I'm feeling a bit better now, so I'm back :) I'm happy to confirm that @JJTapia19 and @Xenosaiga are correct - removing the emergency launcher and booting straight into GridLauncher has allowed me to replicate the problem with sound. Using @RedHat's fix allows it to work albeit without sound after returning from an XML title. So I'm going to try to look at this problem now I can actually reproduce it. I won't be working at the same pace I was previously as I have a lot going on IRL at the moment.

I would respectfully request that everybody remembers that this is a beta. I will do my best to fix bugs when I can, but there are no guarantees. Please also check through the thread before posting about bugs, as it's very stressful to have a lot of people reporting the same issue.

Thanks everyone for understanding.
Yeah you NEEDED a break from it, you were going full steam ahead from the get go. haha

Welcome back. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii