Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Which one are you using? Save Manager or SVDT?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And what actually happens - hang or error message?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which one are you using? Save Manager or SVDT?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And what actually happens - hang or error message?
Save manager and when I click to load it the 3ds totally locks up and does nothing and I need to switch it off and reboot

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok dudes, I think I've sorted it since it now correctly displays "pokémon" as typed into the SMDH creator. Please could you test again with a cart and tell me if it works? Thanks guys and sorry for the fuckup!
Hey Mashers! Just tested it out with all my Pokémon carts and can confirm they all display the name correctly! (Tested Y, X & OR)

RibShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With the latest update to the grid launcher my system (N3DS 10.1.0-27E, loading though any of the entry-points) hangs after pressing start to return to system menu. I was also affected with the issue where no titles display after selecting SVDT, but now with the latest update my system also hangs after selecting SVDT, before even getting to the title selection screen. Everything else works fine though. The version available ~12 hours ago did not exhibit this bug, nor does Smea's launcher.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SVDT works fine for me but I am also getting the problem of pressing start to return to system menu crashes the system exactly the same way as save manager does. Mashers I would remove this version and put back up the last working version until you fix the problem.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Mashers! Just tested it out with all my Pokémon carts and can confirm they all display the name correctly! (Tested Y, X & OR)
Thanks buddy! That's fantastic! I'll need to add all the other accented characters now just in case, but it's great to know that the font engine is now properly handling UTF-8 characters :)

With the latest update to the grid launcher my system (N3DS 10.1.0-27E, loading though any of the entry-points) hangs after pressing start to return to system menu. I was also affected with the issue where no titles display after selecting SVDT, but now with the latest update my system also hangs after selecting SVDT, before even getting to the title selection screen. Everything else works fine though. The version available ~12 hours ago did not exhibit this bug, nor does Smea's launcher.
SVDT works fine for me but I am also getting the problem of pressing start to return to system menu crashes the system exactly the same way as save manager does. Mashers I would remove this version and put back up the last working version until you fix the problem.
I think I have found the problem. Please install beta 13 from the first post and see if pressing start allows you you to quit the launcher. The problem was that for some reason the original alert code, which draws the information screens, was hanging with the new font rendering code. I've changed it over to my new WIP alert screen which includes touch screen controls e.g. for OK and Cancel. It's a bit rough around the edges visually, but it should work.

If you could both please confirm that this works for the START button then I will apply the same fix to all of the other alert displays which will hopefully fix the save manager as well.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys, beta 14 uploaded. This version should fix the bugs exiting the launcher. Please note that the save manager may still be non-working for some users. I'm still looking in to this, as I'm getting errors saying "Could not access the savedata archive!". Any ideas about this would be appreciated.

Edit - oh wait, that error in the save manager was because I was selecting a title which does not have save data. When I tried with another title it did actually work. So the only problem with the save manager now is that apparently for some users the titles do not show in the launcher to select one. I'm not sure why this is happening but it may be a FW issue as the only two people who reported this are on FW 10.

Last edited by mashers,
Reactions: Misledz

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ok guys, beta 14 uploaded. This version should fix the bugs exiting the launcher. Please note that the save manager may still be non-working for some users. I'm still looking in to this, as I'm getting errors saying "Could not access the savedata archive!". Any ideas about this would be appreciated.
This may or may not be related. But I received a similar error message, one situation is if you try to restore a save file to a game that hasn't created any save data yet. Like an example would be bravely default, if you have a save data for it, but chose to restore to a fresh copy of bravely without the game creating a default save data, you get that error.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This may or may not be related. But I received a similar error message, one situation is if you try to restore a save file to a game that hasn't created any save data yet. Like an example would be bravely default, if you have a save data for it, but chose to restore to a fresh copy of bravely without the game creating a default save data, you get that error.
Thanks mate - see my edit above ;)

RibShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have updated, not only is it not crashing anymore, but the target selector is now working! Unicode still isn't fully implemented though as the α and Ω symbols used in the ORAS demo are displaying as "?"

Last edited by RibShark,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have updated, not only is it not crashing anymore, but the target selector is now working! Unicode still isn't fully implemented though as the α and Ω symbols used in the ORAS demo are displaying as "?"
That's great to hear, thanks for letting me know the crashing is sorted buddy! I still haven't added all the characters to the font so that will be the next task.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ban, ban, ban