[Release] HexaGBA Demo 1 (Super Hexagon clone)

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by cartr, May 8, 2017.

1. cartr
    OP

cartr Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    hexagba-title.png hexagba-ingame.png

Download | Pouet

I wanted to share a new GBA homebrew project I've been working on, HexaGBA. It's a game similar to Terry Cavanagh's Super Hexagon, implemented entirely with GBA's mode-7 effects. This demo includes a single level, and there's no music yet. (If there's anyone here who knows about chiptune composition or GBA sound programming, I'd really appreciate some help with that.)

The download includes two versions of the ROM: a multiboot payload and a cartridge ROM. The game also runs OK in VBA-M, though it's better on hardware. Please give it a try and let me know what you think!

tiduscrying, Voxel and Vappy like this.
  2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    woa, people still interesting developing for the gba? great! will play it later today!

@cartr just played, well i suck at this game, i get motion sick after the 3 "dodges"
    it runs great on my m3 perfect flashcart..
    my best was 11 seconds, i only hear sound effects, i guess there is no music (i think it was explained in the readme)?

Last edited by migles, May 8, 2017
  3. cartr
    OP

cartr Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    @migles Glad to hear the game runs well on your flashcart, and thanks for the feedback about the difficulty. I'll try and tone the spinning down a little in the next demo.

4. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    you can get a menu to change speed?
    i didnt play the original game, but all the spinning made my head freaking out, maybe it's just me, but for other players it may be fine

5. migles

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    you can get a menu to change speed?
    i didnt play the original game, but all the spinning made my head freaking out, maybe it's just me, but for other players it may be fine