Homebrew [Release] Graphing Calculator

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a simple graphing calculator that works with RPN equations. (Update: You can also enter equations the normal way by pressing A.)

See the readme for instructions.

rLfOtB3.png

Get the latest version from here: https://github.com/flarn2006/GraphCalc3DS/releases.

Last edited by flarn2006,

farias0

Whatever
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, nice project! For real!

Now, why I get stack overflow most of the time? I can't insert x^2, x+2 or anything like that. I can insert a constant or x exp, though. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by farias0,
Reactions: fmkid

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad I can't use my N3DS in Trig :cry:
If you were to bring it in just for fun, and show your teacher this app, I'd be curious if they'd let you. Plus it would give you an excuse to bring it so if there's a break or something you can play games with the sound off.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you were to bring it in just for fun, and show your teacher this app, I'd be curious if they'd let you. Plus it would give you an excuse to bring it so if there's a break or something you can play games with the sound off.
Kinda off topic, but are game systems not allowed in school where you live? By me they're allowed during lunch and breaks, and teachers never caught you playing in class if you were smart.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they can connect to the internet, so it's barely different than using a smartphone, which I imagine most teachers/schools have rules against.
Kinda off topic, but are game systems not allowed in school where you live? By me they're allowed during lunch and breaks, and teachers never caught you playing in class if you were smart.
I would imagine your school is the exception. The high school I went to don't even allow you to have mp3 players, regardless of whether or not you're in class. Of course, I still did. I knew how to hide the wires in my hoodie.

Reactions: Megadriver94

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you could add a Z axes it would make beautiful landscape-like generated equation.
I had one on amiga (don't remember the name, sorry), it was long to render, but it was interesting to see a 3 dimensional equation.

edit:
things like that:
graph3dp_1f_1.png

z = sin(x2) × cos(y2).
Three-dimensional_graph.png

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play mine during English. Teachers don't give a fuck. Me and my friend sit in the corner and play smash/animal crossing. However, this is only on block days. Again though, now i can be productive!

Reactions: Deleted User

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add square Numbers like ²? When I do x^2 it says stack overflow.
You have to input the equations in RPN. That is, you put the operator after both the operands. So you would enter "x 2 ^".

Also, are you sure it didn't say stack underflow?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you could add a Z axes it would make beautiful landscape-like generated equation.
I had one on amiga (don't remember the name, sorry), it was long to render, but it was interesting to see a 3 dimensional equation.

edit:
things like that:
graph3dp_1f_1.png

z = sin(x2) × cos(y2).
Three-dimensional_graph.png

I thought about that too, mainly because it would work well with the 3D display. I'll consider it; it might be in a future version. No promises though.

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You have to input the equations in RPN. That is, you put the operator after both the operands. So you would enter "x 2 ^".

Also, are you sure it didn't say stack underflow?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought about that too, mainly because it would work well with the 3D display. I'll consider it; it might be in a future version. No promises though.

Is there any advantage to using RPN in terms of the way the 3DS handles it (ie maybe it computes faster?), or was that just a personal choice on your part? Maybe you could add a settings toggle to switch between RPN and the normal notation to make it easier for the like 99% of us that don't use RPN?

Also, I was almost disappointed to her this didn't have a Z axis, because how cool would it be to use the actual 3D part of the 3DS? it would take forever to compute the points though.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs