Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY PUBLIC RELEASE 2.4b

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
There are no "A" version, it's still in beta.

No its to cover there backs, so they release everything in Beta form, don't worry its just in case that embarrassing little moment may happen, WHOOPS, we've just ruined millions of peoples 3DS units, never mind we did say it was only in Beta stage so they should of took note, its not our fault! ;)

Reactions: Rob Blou

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So what are these free themes talked about earlier in the thread? A mistake?

Updated my emunand, but don't see any free themes for download in theme shop. Only free ones, were the ones that came with it (coloured ones). EU console.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what are these free themes talked about earlier in the thread? A mistake?

Updated my emunand, but don't see any free themes for download in theme shop. Only free ones, were the ones that came with it (coloured ones). EU console.

I understood it to mean the ones that came with the update within the Home Menu.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dito on those "free themes", except the standard basic color themes, that already came with the update, I don't see any other free themes on the theme shop
it probably must have been a mistake, they might just have meant the standard themes, that already came with the update
or does someone have a source for that claim?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

lamentofking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone doesn't feel like reading through 8 pages and wants to know if this works I can attest to that. It defnitely works. Once you get the GW update from their website just proceed to System Update in emuNAND. If you don't have the SysUpdate already downloaded just go to settings and update it that way. Just remember that once you go to settings in emuNAND DO NOT EXIT OUT OF SETTINGS!! If you do you will go back to System Nand. So just remember to stay in emuNAND settings once you are there and do your update. It will possibly take you to SysNand when done. If so just go back to your emuNAND to verify the update.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well there was retrofan_k who sent his 3ds to them, it was signed for at the address they gave him, and then they just stopped replying to him, he never got his 3ds or gateway cards back......which is pretty shitty of gateway imo

i think i heard 2 people got their consoles repaired/replaced though, although iirc they where both reviewers, the only customer i know of who never got his replaced/fixed was retrofank

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
The themes that showed up as "free" yesterday for me (the spinner ones) which i think are the ones everyone is talking about, now show as the $2 or so like the others, so must have been a bug that made them appear as free when they're actually not. :( Which is assume is why me and other ppl were getting an error thrown in our face when trying to get them.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country

There was a thread a month or 2 ago which purpose was wasting to discover the fate of that "repair service" The few people who sent it seems they never got it back and the GW team told them they didn't get them either. It was discussed the address was prolly a fake.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone doesn't feel like reading through 8 pages and wants to know if this works I can attest to that. It defnitely works. Once you get the GW update from their website just proceed to System Update in emuNAND. If you don't have the SysUpdate already downloaded just go to settings and update it that way. Just remember that once you go to settings in emuNAND DO NOT EXIT OUT OF SETTINGS!! If you do you will go back to System Nand. So just remember to stay in emuNAND settings once you are there and do your update. It will possibly take you to SysNand when done. If so just go back to your emuNAND to verify the update.

so you don't have to do the format emuNAND step, just put the new launcher.dat on the sdcard boot into emuNAND and straight into settings and system update?....................................sudeki300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded