Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY 4.0 BETA (Private Beta Program)

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The question now (and the tip I'm asking for) is if I should go for a updated sysNAND or continue using 9.2 sysNAND + emuNAND 11.0.

Go with updated sysnand. It's a space saver (no Emunand partition) and you'd have to make more backups with an Emunand. With updated sysnand you only need one: your sysnand. It's perfectly safe. Also, you don't need to double install GBA games and the like, because they need to be installed to sysnand to load (sys + emu if using emu)

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, do you use updated sysNAND? Do you have emuNAND? What versions do you have (NAND, Launcher, etc)?

I'm asking because I'm 99% sure I don't have Delebile, since I installed A9LH right when it was made available.
I will redo my A9LH install this time following Plailect last part as it install Delebile's fork, but I need to know what "setup" I must choose, either updated sysNAND or emuNAND.

Thx!
I am using EmuNAND (11.0) and I can boot Sysnand just fine as well (9.2).
I am using the 3.7.1 launcher; haven't tried the latest one.

Now that I think about it, I might be using the Dark_Samus fork or the Capito27 fork (whichever was the suggested one in Plailect's guide back in February). But I know for sure that it has screen_init.

Some people are reporting that Gateway autoboots just fine into SysNAND if they removed EmuNAND using EmuNAND9 (Format SD-> No EmuNAND option).
I don't recall reading about any issues with accessing EmuNAND.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just use the time machine to get downgraded to 2.1
Then used the otphelper from plailect guide to get otp.bin, decrytp9 to restore my nand and safea9installer
And in 15min i got a9lh installed
Much faster than my other systems

Reactions: Azel and thaikhoa

Doc-Ziggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
apparently I done goofed -
turned off the wifi before running time machine to get to 2.1 on my n3ds
any way to boot into gateway menu sos i can either restore my nand or rather - boot into emunand to enable the wifi?
or any other solution?
thanks in advance.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
apparently I done goofed -
turned off the wifi before running time machine to get to 2.1 on my n3ds
any way to boot into gateway menu sos i can either restore my nand or rather - boot into emunand to enable the wifi?
or any other solution?
thanks in advance.
remove the battery if you can :P

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't seem to get the .bin payload to work. I've renamed it to "x_GW.bin," placed the launcher.dats for both 3.7.1 and 4.0b into my mSD card's root, and nothing. I'm on the latest Luma3DS CFW. Not sure what step I'm missing.

Edit: Found the step, need a screen-init setup for it I guess.

Last edited by conradcervantes,

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go with updated sysnand. It's a space saver (no Emunand partition) and you'd have to make more backups with an Emunand. With updated sysnand you only need one: your sysnand. It's perfectly safe. Also, you don't need to double install GBA games and the like, because they need to be installed to sysnand to load (sys + emu if using emu)
I don't think Gateway blocks FIRM writes, so you'll end up bricking with an updated sysNAND. I'd stick to emuNAND if you're on Gateway. @mvmiranda

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've always been amazed how GW related thread grows in size rapidly like a malignant tumor.
The OP came just today, 10 pages... So difficult to... Hell TL;DR.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I've seen the post about getting Luma and GW and assigning different buttons on boot but do you know of a noob friendly complete guide? I never messed with A9lh and I don't have my OTP

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok...I have 2 O3ds with 9.2 sys/10.7 emu Luma 3ds with menuhax. Can I use the time machine just to downgrade to 2.1 and get my otp ? Do I need the red card ?

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok...I have 2 O3ds with 9.2 sys/10.7 emu Luma 3ds with menuhax. Can I use the time machine just to downgrade to 2.1 and get my otp ? Do I need the red card ?
forget time machine. its an unstable copied homebrew that also skips important checks( if files are in the right place) and plus you are "confined" by using only gateway (no other cfw) because of the way time machine installs a closed source version of a9lh.
you better follow the guide at https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki , its a little bit longer process than gateway, but its safe, and its compatible with all the cfw and tools like decrypt9, and its the guide everyone's following.
just my 2 cents.

Last edited by 20mark,
Reactions: memomo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat