Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO lul i guess this means nintendo has copywrighted the Bag "SHAPE" of teh eShop logo and the "E" in it w/ the 3 marks above it?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus, that is the cringiest DMCA takedown notice I've read.
Nintendo believes the freeShop application circumvents Nintendo's protection measures by decrypting the game files accessible from its eShop servers, allowing freeShop users to access and play Nintendo's eShop games for free.
"Believes". That's great, maybe you should actually make sure before you go on a takedown barrage of repos.

Again, freeShop doesn't even provide the keys necessary to decrypt the files.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Errr does it means no more freeshop ? because i am using it right now and works. lol ?
Worst case scenario, no more updates to the app. But since we can just keep using it and Nintendo are just gonna take down apps like these instead of taking responsibility and doing proper security? We can keep on using it.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Worst case scenario, no more updates to the app. But since we can just keep using it and Nintendo are just gonna take down apps like these instead of taking responsibility and doing proper security? We can keep on using it.
Inb4 freeShop release thread moves to that ISO site.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Reactions: Shadowfied

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
No you can still use it but no app updates and I wouldnt be surprised if nintendo began tracking people using it.
As, to my knowledge, has previously been established, part of the reason Nintendos security is so fucking shit, is that they can't even differentiate legit downloads and access to their CDN to illegitimate ones, and if that isn't the case, they at least can't differentiate between CIAngel and FreeShop, for example, right?

Reactions: naddel81

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
No you can still use it but no app updates and I wouldnt be surprised if nintendo began tracking people using it.
Doubt it. Time to find a CIA of freeShop for collection purposes. I love collecting that kind of stuff.

Reactions: Shadowfied

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As, to my knowledge, has previously been established, part of the reason Nintendos security is so fucking shit, is that they can't even differentiate legit downloads and access to their CDN to illegitimate ones, and if that isn't the case, they at least can't differentiate between CIAngel and FreeShop, for example, right?
That is true but they could try to track freeshop users and send them to jail. If they know how to do it right but they still cant tell the diffrence between the games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doubt it. Time to find a CIA of freeShop for collection purposes. I love collecting that kind of stuff.

Wait I think I have one let me check.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
That is true but they could try to track freeshop users and send them to jail. If they know how to do it right but they still cant tell the diffrence between the games.
Gotta love this world.

"We suck at security, we're not gonna do anything about it, but if people manage to get around it, we can have them jailed".

Reactions: NightScript

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait I think I have one let me check.
Too late at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...