Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will freeshop sigh them digitally like original eshop does?
Signing is done by a Nintendo server after verifying a purchase request.

Hence, it's not possible to do this unless you actually buy a title, and even then, it's signed for your specific system only.

EDIT: The ticket generated by freeShop is "good" in that it has the correct title key, but it's unsigned, so it will only work when using a CFW that disables signature checking.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@TheCruel
It would be possible to add to your application some way to pause the download and resume the download where it left off.
Even if the 3ds is turned off and reuse the application at another time.
That would be helpful.
The Eshop allows that.
If you can apply this function your application would great.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheCruel
It would be possible to add to your application some way to pause the download and resume the download where it left off.
Even if the 3ds is turned off and reuse the application at another time.
Yeah, it's one of the things I'm working on now. Will probably be ready in a couple days.

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to have these games running without booting up CFW every time? Can I install a ticket?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to have these games running without booting up CFW every time? Can I install a ticket?
Can you legitimately sign games with this? No. No you cannot. If you want boot times to be quicker, you should look into Arm9LoaderHax. That's as close as you'll get.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Without signature patching (Which is provided by your CFW) the games won't be usable. The only way around this is to purchase any game you're interested in playing without CFW, and using the eShop to install it.

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you legitimately sign games with this? No. No you cannot. If you want boot times to be quicker, you should look into Arm9LoaderHax. That's as close as you'll get.

Alright thanks. I don't mind booting up CFW every time but I was just wondering for convenience.

Je08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I download games from another regions or is it dangerous??? (or simply doesn't work) and one more question, can I close the 3DS (sleep mode) while it downloads the games???

Last edited by Je08,
D

Deleted User

Can I download games from another regions or it dangerous??? (or simply doesn't work) and one more question, can I close the 3DS (sleep mode) while it downloads the games???
If you have region-free in your CFW, yes it's ok, and as for a "Download later"-like option...soon™

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woot, i want the fade effect flag icons!
But since it's cmake i don't know how to build it :/
- cmake .... whatever comes after this and more.
- Does it need extra special libs installed under devkitpro?
- etc...
Lol ya, looks a little weird now without fading, they just disappear. You need cpp3ds environment set up, which I haven't made detailed instructions for. It's not too difficult on linux, and the build scripts exist in the docker/travis files, but may be easier when I write out the instructions later.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Lol ya, looks a little weird now without fading, they just disappear. You need cpp3ds environment set up, which I haven't made detailed instructions for. It's not too difficult on linux, and the build scripts exist in the docker/travis files, but may be easier when I write out the instructions later.
Ow and Windows 10 here :D

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I download games from another regions or is it dangerous??? (or simply doesn't work) and one more question, can I close the 3DS (sleep mode) while it downloads the games???
Yes you can download them, but some of them will need the language emulation to get them working (included in ntr CFW and Luma for example).

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

Mariosl10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I released an unstable build since it's taking me a while to progress, running into issues. It at least has an auto-updater so you can easily get bug fixes.

https://github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

chart

For now, it will only work with a encTitleKeys.bin downloaded from the 3ds titlekeys website. Put it in the sd:/freeShop/ directory. It won't fetch title data from your own titlekey dumps right now. This is for simplicity in initial debugging.

If you launch it and it has an empty window, then you forgot the above file.

IMPORTANT:
There is no game filtering right now. Meaning o3ds users can download titles that aren't supported. Don't do it.

Now that Free shop is out what do you need to install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1