ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Tsbrdain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to bring dead characters back to life?

Trying to bring Scarlet back in my Revelation file.

I tried by changing the first three bytes of her character block(read they were possibly what determines if a unit is deceased or not) to match all my other characters, but all that did was crash the game when I loaded my save.

Also, I spent last night recording unit IDs and Hair Color RGB values for most of the gen 1 units, so if anyone wants that info I can post it here.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Anyone know how to bring dead characters back to life?

Trying to bring Scarlet back in my Revelation file.

I tried by changing the first three bytes of her character block(read they were possibly what determines if a unit is deceased or not) to match all my other characters, but all that did was crash the game when I loaded my save.

Also, I spent last night recording unit IDs and Hair Color RGB values for most of the gen 1 units, so if anyone wants that info I can post it here.
Unit IDs can be found here;

For hair colors you can find them here.

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! I successfully managed to turn a Logbook Avatar into a Bond unit! And in doing so, I discovered that for the shield icon, if you change the bytes from 01 00 38(or whatever yours are, mine are different from the guide I followed) to 00 00 10, they'll be able to make sounds and speak during criticals, just like bond units! ... Only thing I couldn't figure out was how to add the face symbol that all bond units seem to have, but that's not really a big deal!
scr_1_BOTTOM.png scr_2_BOTTOM.png

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes! I successfully managed to turn a Logbook Avatar into a Bond unit! And in doing so, I discovered that for the shield icon, if you change the bytes from 01 00 38(or whatever yours are, mine are different from the guide I followed) to 00 00 10, they'll be able to make sounds and speak during criticals, just like bond units! ... Only thing I couldn't figure out was how to add the face symbol that all bond units seem to have, but that's not really a big deal!
View attachment 44793 View attachment 44794
Face symbol?

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bond Units have a special marking on their faces when they're created.
Oh, you're right. It's a tattoo that doesn't seem to be selectable at character creation. I don't know where hair\hair accessory\face detail\face data is stored in the block, if I did, I could tell you what to change after a bit of research.

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you're right. It's a tattoo that doesn't seem to be selectable at character creation. I don't know where hair\hair accessory\face detail\face data is stored in the block, if I did, I could tell you what to change after a bit of research.
Would you like me to send you my save to look at?

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How would that help? I still don't know where I'm supposed to look for the relevant bytes.
I have Bond Units with the markings, but I don't know where the information for the portrait is stored to locate the special face detail.

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would that help? I still don't know where I'm supposed to look for the relevant bytes.
I have Bond Units with the markings, but I don't know where the information for the portrait is stored to locate the special face detail.
Oh, right. Sorry, I misinterpreted your previous post. If you do find any information, I'd love to know about it!

letoons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
Just like to say this is a really great tool! Been using it for about a day or two now and it's helped me immensely, since I'm pretty much a noob at Fire Emblem.

EDIT I figured it out!

Even so, I'd just like to say thank you for the wonderful tool!

Last edited by letoons,

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[Awakening]
Hi there,
Just like to say this is a really great tool! Been using it for about a day or two now and it's helped me immensely, since I'm pretty much a noob at Fire Emblem. I do have a questions, though...

Will ever be an option to edit the stats of a character? When adding one or two levels, I noticed there was no stat jump—is simply to boost levels in order to use a Master/Second Seal? I added about ten levels to Maribelle to catch her up and there was no gain in stats as well. I tried searching but I don't recall if I noticed a character editor mentioned. I did see other questions about stats but I think they went unanswered.

Even so, I'd just like to say thank you for the wonderful tool!
Editing the level edits just that, the level.
You need to use HxD or another hex editor to edit stats, as the game uses RNG to decide what stats get boosted on level up, and editing the level directly skips stat gains entirely.
------------------------------------
[Fates]
I have finally found the values for difficulty.
Line 00000000 never moves, and while the column of the values in the other two rows remain unchanged,
the row offsets move further down the file as you progress. However, the two lines that move down file also remain together,
so the row with the difficulty always follows the row with the death mode.
The pair of moving offsets tend to be at the top of the second cluster of information in the user data (labeled RESU in the binary, much like the unit data being labeled TINU).
Here's the related data in PNG format:
difficulties.png

The green and yellow bytes match the corresponding blocks of each line.
So if 0A to 0C is 020001, then 00 to 02 on the difficulty match line would be 020100.

Only the shown values should be edited to change difficulty\death modes,
as the seems to use the green and yellow blocks as some kind of minor security check,
While the cyan and magenta values are used for death and difficulty modes respectively.

As an added bonus, in hard or lunatic mode, adjusting the difficulty locks you out of phoenix death mode,
and saving afterward will require you to hex edit the save again if you wish to turn it back on.

Reactions: letoons

Matthias Krauser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a random facial tattoo that is available at character creation, actually. It's an unnecessary detail IMO, as I just turned my MUs into bond units as a means to give them personal skills.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a random facial tattoo that is available at character creation, actually. It's an unnecessary detail IMO, as I just turned my MUs into bond units as a means to give them personal skills.
You fail. There is only two tattoos selectable at character creation, and all my official bond units have the same tattoo, that is not among the selectable facial details during character creation. I compared them myself. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not random, and it's not available at character creation.

face-details.png

As seen here, of the 12 available details at character creation, '1' being 'None', there are two tattoos, "Tattoo A" and "Tattoo B", which are details 5 and 6 respectively.

The specific detail used by bond units is not available among any of the twelve options, nor is it chosen at random.

I have labeled it "Bond Detail" as I do not know any other name of which to call it by.

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Removing guesswork.

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is planned already or if it was mentioned anywhere, but when the editor is complete will it have options that let you edit a units hair color? (I might just learn how to hex it if not)

KevinRodea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had two avatars for a day or two and my friends have been able to visit. Not full confirmation, but it shouldn't get you shadowbanned. I haven't tried having both in my streetpass team, but I think that might shadowban me. Also, be careful. Sometimes after a game over the two avatars can switch places leaving you with someone elses avatar as your main.

From what I tinkered with, it depends on which Kamui is closest to the top-left when you load your save.
So if A Male Kamui is closer to the top-left than your MC when you save, the next time you load the file, your MC will be the Male Kamui.
I learned it the hard way. I removed the shield off of around 5 Avatars...

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had two avatars for a day or two and my friends have been able to visit. Not full confirmation, but it shouldn't get you shadowbanned. I haven't tried having both in my streetpass team, but I think that might shadowban me. Also, be careful. Sometimes after a game over the two avatars can switch places leaving you with someone elses avatar as your main.
I have two Avatars on my streetpass team, both wielding Omega Yato, and I still get visitors. You should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them.