ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Douman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sorry… Kinda missed your post's existence for a bit.

Awakening, Fates, and a quite a bunch more, have save files that grow in size as you progress in the game, because having an off\on switch for everything in those games is ridiculous. It's easier to amend data into a file then it is to write up an entire pre-save file, especially if games like that let you recruit the characters of other players.
Yep, i understand.
It just points out the difficulty just to ask for location of something in save file without a proper understanding of its structure.
Is there btw some reference with all details of Fate's save file structure?

P.S.
The convoy editor for Fates:
https://github.com/RainThunder/Fire-Emblem-Fates-Convoy-Editor

How r u ppl finding these hex values
Get save file and open it with hex editor.
Actually pretty bothersome... So wait for save editor

Last edited by Douman,
Reactions: that girl

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, i understand.
It just points out the difficulty just to ask for location of something in save file without a proper understanding of its structure.
Is there btw some reference with all details of Fate's save file structure?

P.S.
The convoy editor for Awaking works with Fates:
https://github.com/RainThunder/Fire-Emblem-Fates-Convoy-Editor

Get save file and open it with hex editor.
Actually pretty bothersome... So wait for save editor
The convoy editor was meant to work with Fates, it doesn't work with Awakening. @RainThunder made it for those who want to edit the convoy in Fates due to @Olmectron working hard on the next version of the save editor.

Douman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The convoy editor was meant to work with Fates, it doesn't work with Awakening. @RainThunder made it for those who want to edit the convoy in Fates due to @Olmectron working hard on the next version of the save editor.
Oh yes, my bad. I mistook it with save compressor/decompressor.

To be honest, I actually think it's fun and not bothersome at all. :L
Maybe... but it is annoying to reload from/to game and ftp server all the time.
Though well it is worth to spend a bit of time to hack resources as it is even more bothersome to grind it :)

Last edited by Douman,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
... Oh. Well I guess I'll just keep swapping accessories with other players, and try streetpassing myself more. Thanks!
Character IDs for Bond units start from 84 00 and end in EF 00, you could always just save edit and cycle through them until you find a Bond Unit with a personal skill you like.

Reactions: Olmectron

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the Support Log 100% (as far as I know, since this time, the game doesn't tell you which ones you are missing) for Fates! As usual, I know that there are people who mainly want a complete Support Log, so here is the 100% Region Free Global File

As usual, make a complete backup of your save files before importing this. Just like the Awakening Global File, this will wipe out the current Unit Logbook, however, I have added the four (untrained) amiibo guest units so you can buy and use them. Unfortunately, they won't appear in the Japanese version, and who knows how the European version will handle them. Also, this will slightly alter some of your My Castle info, mainly info seen in the Inbox and it will remove Calling Cards that you have with the 10 in the Global file.

Features:

1. No personal playthroughs, My Castle Address, Battle Points, or Visit Points will be erased, just replace your Global save file
with this one. Avatar Logbook and several My Castle features, however, will be erased. Read Note.
2. 100% Records Hall. Support Log, All Cutcenes, All Music, and Unit Roster is 100% complete.
3. My Castle Calling Card will show all three paths as cleared on Lunatic Mode.
4. All four amiibo characters (untrained) in the Unit Logbook.

Please note that to access all music, the Records Hall needs to be at Level 3. Anna was obtained by importing save to a Japanese
game, recruiting her, then importing the save back to the NA game.

NOTE:

As usual, ALWAYS make sure to backup your complete save file to a safe place in case anything goes wrong.

Any units you have in the Unit Logbook WILL be deleted. Be sure to recruit as many as you can to your separate save files
before importing this Global file. You will have to re-add your old units to the Logbook by beating the Endgame multiple
times, where you can add five units to the Logbook, or by visiting the My Castle you obtained the unit from.

There will be a few issues with your My Castle data. All of your Calling Cards are tied to the Global file, so they will be
erased and replaced with the ten cards that I have. Be sure to type down the Castle Addresses of Calling Cards you frequently
visit so you can re-add them to your Calling Card list. Your Castle Address, Battle Points and Visit Points will remain
the same as those three are tied to your Rating and/or Exchange file.

Also, in your Inbox, these categories will be replaced by what was last in this particular Global file:

StreetPass Results
Feedback
Accessories
Bond Units
Buildings

The main loss in this category will be if you managed to get any Bond Units, you will lose data (how they were formed) on
them, as the other four will constantly update and be replaced whenever you update your castle. From my tests, this shouldn't
blacklist your castle.

The Unit Logbook has four Guest Units they are: Name - Gold recuired to recruit - Weapon

Marth - 11160 G - Falchion
Ike - 9060 G - Ragnell
Lucina - 10380 G - Parallel Falchion
Robin - 8820 G - Thoron

More in Readme file
can i use this to get the amiibo and switch back to normal file?

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i use this to get the amiibo and switch back to normal file?
Backup save 2 times. Copy that global to one of your saves. Import that save and recruit those amiibos. Get old global from the other backup and import it back into game. Your amiibos won't be in the logbook so simply defeat the game and recruit them and you can have them in your global with your other units :)

Reactions: Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup save 2 times. Copy that global to one of your saves. Import that save and recruit those amiibos. Get old global from the other backup and import it back into game. Your amiibos won't be in the logbook so simply defeat the game and recruit them and you can have them in your global with your other units :)
Thank you :)

Matthias Krauser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Character IDs for Bond units start from 84 00 and end in EF 00, you could always just save edit and cycle through them until you find a Bond Unit with a personal skill you like.
If you use Serenesforests's Bond Unit page for the list of Bond Unit skills, they actually go in order of the hex if you cross-reference it with the list of Character IDs.

Reactions: Relic Song

Priism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im confused, how do you use the convoy editor. For me when I download there is files I have no idea how to use them help..? I have the Chapter0 shit and everything else I just dont know how to use the editor.

NVM I downloaded the source code -.-
But how do we put the save back into our game.

Last edited by Priism,

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im confused, how do you use the convoy editor. For me when I download there is files I have no idea how to use them help..? I have the Chapter0 shit and everything else I just dont know how to use the editor.

NVM I downloaded the source code -.-
But how do we put the save back into our game.
If you're using homebrew, just put it on your 3DS SD card, open the homebrew save manager, and inject it back into the cartridge. If you're using the save manager in Smea's starter kit, just select your game in the homebrew menu and press B once it loads.
If you're using JK's Save Manager on CFW, you're on your own.

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to inject my save after using the convoy editor I end up with no save file. I can restore from the unedited backup no problem, but it never seems to take the edited save. Using the latest release of JK's save manager. Anyone else have this problem, or have any suggestions?

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to inject my save after using the convoy editor I end up with no save file. I can restore from the unedited backup no problem, but it never seems to take the edited save. Using the latest release of JK's save manager. Anyone else have this problem, or have any suggestions?
Are you using the save compressor/decompressor? if you are, that's your problem. Are you using the Windows version, or the Mac version? If it's the Mac version, I'm still trying to fix the crashing bug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ