ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if this is just me, but neither my king marth or both of my prince marts are showing up. Can anyone else confirm?
I can confirm. Marth is excluded from being parsed because I have to fix some things with his model, which doesn't get the hex info correctly. Sorry for that. I hope to fix that for the next update.

@ShadowMario3 Ninjad'd me. :lol:

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Could it be because Lucina's files are called "Marth" and Marth's files are called "旧マルス"?
Sincerely, I don't know about that. If you mean the files in the ROM, that shouldn't be a problem, since the save is the same for every character.

I think that would be my problem. I've been lazy enough to let the Marth issue slip in each update. :lol: In fact, I've been working for fixing it for the next one. I hope to have it out tomorrow.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, Ok. Will we be able to trigger street pass or spot pass events sometime? This is an amazing tool!
That's harder than what I've done so far. I'm not an expert in hex editing, so I don't really know about checksums so much or anything else like that. I've been doing some tests where I add characters to the file, and it works, but the items in the convoy get wiped out, and the barracks get emptied if I happen to modify the file's size.

Something like that, while I think is possible, would require to change the file's size, and I'll need to understand how the checksums work for this, so that the game doesn't wipe the convoy out each time you add an street pass team, or a new unit.

So much work to do! :lol:

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would it be possible to add new units?
Yes. But I need to learn about the checks done by the game for file's size. If you add even a single byte to the file, the items in the convoy and the barracks are wiped out.

Would someone with experience in editing hex from this game be able to tell about that? I've done research in forums and haven't find anything. Of course, my goal is to havd that feature, but I need to figure that first.

Reactions: SomeGamer

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes. But I need to learn about the checks done by the game for file's size. If you add even a single byte to the file, the items in the convoy and the barracks are wiped out.

Would someone with experience in editing hex from this game be able to tell about that? I've done research in forums and haven't find anything. Of course, my goal is to havd that feature, but I need to figure that first.
I have some EXP with hex editing, but no experience with checksums.
BTW, since it's a jar archive, any chance to run it on Android?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have some EXP with hex editing, but no experience with checksums.
BTW, since it's a jar archive, any chance to run it on Android?
About the Android thing, no, not for being a JAR it will work in Android.

However, I'm an Android developed too, it would take me little more than 3 weeks for porting it to Android. But again, that would be after porting it to 3DS. :lol:

Trophies
XP
I can only seem to be able to edit only 18-19 characters on all versions, including the latest (0.5-15-alpha) version. Each of my saves have a different assortment of characters but I never have access to all of them. I have US FE and I'm using SDM to get the save data, java is also up to date (if that somehow has anything to do with it).
I can successfully edit the 18-19 characters available but I want to be able to edit a lot more than just that like in the screenshots.

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 180

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can only seem to be able to edit only 18-19 characters on all versions, including the latest (0.5-15-alpha) version. Each of my saves have a different assortment of characters but I never have access to all of them. I have US FE and I'm using SDM to get the save data, java is also up to date (if that somehow has anything to do with it).
I can successfully edit the 18-19 characters available but I want to be able to edit a lot more than just that like in the screenshots.
Hi there. Could you please send me your Chapter files? That way I could check what's going on.

Characters in prep for battle aren't parsed, by the way. But if that happens always to you, it should be something else.

I have tested with several saves (something more than 40 different saves), including European, and American, from different people. And they have been parsed without issues. Sending me your files would be great for me to find what's wrong with the editor.

Last edited by Olmectron,
Trophies
XP
Hi there. Could you please send me your Chapter files? That way I could check what's going on.

Characters in prep for battle aren't parsed, by the way. But if that happens always to you, it should be something else.

I have tested with several saves (something more than 40 different saves), including European, and American, from different people. And they have been parsed without issues. Sending me your files would be great for me to find what's wrong with the editor.
Just started a new game and it's all fixed, showing me all my available characters rather than a random assortment of 18-19. My old saves were corrupt in some way, I've had the avatar completely randomize in appearance and details when playing on another 3DS a while back.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
But has anyone found out a way for enemy skills to be usable over streetpass?

I don't think is possibile simple becouse most of the enemy skill are broken. Luna + is my Nightmare in Lunatic + mode and imagine challenge somebody with the same broken ability...no thanks.

Anyway Olmectron again: compliment for this save editor. I try the last update and i like so much the fact i can customize MU now but the only little problem is the hair, i try only this for now, selection is random. MU have the Hair 2 style and in the preview from the editor is show me the Hair 3 style. Is the only problem i found at the moment for the rest, nice job again ;)

See the pallete for choose the color i have a little suggestion: change the hair color for the children. Exemple my Severa have orange light color and i can change with red or blue color. I don't know if is possibile but i suggest in case is can be possible.

iisilver

"The true enemy of humanity is disorder."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I'm back!
Just asking, is it possible to also change the hair colours of the child units? (barring Lucina, of course.)

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just asking, what's different in characters preparing for battle in terms of how they're stored in the save?
Outside a battle, every unit has four static bytes as FF FF FF FF. I use that as a way for parsing the units, along with some other checks.

I tried changing it a little so that it could recognize in preparation for battle, too, but that caused some problems , since only two static bytes were left FF FF. And there were several coincidences of those through each unit block.

Still looking for a way to work in preparation, though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think is possibile simple becouse most of the enemy skill are broken. Luna + is my Nightmare in Lunatic + mode and imagine challenge somebody with the same broken ability...no thanks.

Anyway Olmectron again: compliment for this save editor. I try the last update and i like so much the fact i can customize MU now but the only little problem is the hair, i try only this for now, selection is random. MU have the Hair 2 style and in the preview from the editor is show me the Hair 3 style. Is the only problem i found at the moment for the rest, nice job again ;)

See the pallete for choose the color i have a little suggestion: change the hair color for the children. Exemple my Severa have orange light color and i can change with red or blue color. I don't know if is possibile but i suggest in case is can be possible.
Thanks for your suggestions! I'll check the issue about the Avatar hair not showing right. And I'm working already in adding the option for changing children hair color.

Thanks so much for your comments!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just started a new game and it's all fixed, showing me all my available characters rather than a random assortment of 18-19. My old saves were corrupt in some way, I've had the avatar completely randomize in appearance and details when playing on another 3DS a while back.
Good to know that. Thanks for keeping me updated about that.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer