[Release] FCEUMM3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Steveice10, May 7, 2015.

1. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    I don't think so, but you can use Ninjhax if you don't want to get a flashcard, but for the price, it might be better to get directly a gateway (or a sky3DS to use Cubic Ninja rom in order to load Ninjhax).

2. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    I got it to not crash when closing the emulator.

What I did? Nothing as far as I can tell. There seems to no pattern to when it works and when it doesn't (I tried it a few times in a row and it didn't crash, but I don't know what weird factors might be different between when it crashes when closing and when it doesn't.)

3. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    New update on github. I can't compile. So don't know if it plays any better..

Margen67 and Idaho like this.
  4. Jim_e

Jim_e Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2007
    United States
    He updated ctrcommon to implement more shared graphic utilities. It's just refactoring for the emulators.

Margen67 likes this.
  5. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

May 9, 2014
    Hervey Bay, Queensland
    Yeah i can't build the latest either, not sure if the problem is something on my end or not but it gets as far as linking the elf and throws...
    ctrcommon / ctrulib etc are all up to date.

Code:
    linking FCEUMM3DS.elf
    11625233 relSymAddr=00D492A1 relSrcAddr=002389F8 topAddr=00375000
    Relocation to invalid address!

6. davhuit

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    No need to bother compiling unofficial versions.

I'm sure he'll compile a new one when it'll worth it, and if it didn't yet, it probably because it change nothing (visible, at least) to the emulator.

7. Steveice10
    OP

Steveice10 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2009
    United States
    It isn't really that big of a change. Although for future reference, you'll need to compile the latest source of 3dsxtool from the devkitPro 3dstools repository and put it in your devkitPro installation.

Although, now that I'm not using Nestopia, I could probably turn off exceptions and remove the need for that.

SLiV3R likes this.
  8. Steveice10
    OP

Jul 19, 2009
    United States
    Updated the download link to the latest source commit. Speed is somewhat improved, FDS support works properly (disksys.rom goes in the fceumm folder), .cht files are now supported for cheats, and various other tweaks were made to things like saves, states, etc.

SLiV3R, Idaho, geheim and 3 others like this.
  9. ody81

ody81 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2012

Fuck yeah!

Edit: Actually, not meaning to be a pest but... Is it still crashing on exit?

10. Jim_e

Jim_e Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2007
    United States
    I saw one of you commits and I had an idea. Since the NES already outputs at 240p, wouldn't it be possible to write directly to the Final output buffer. Sure you would lose the ability to (easily) correct the 4:3 ratio, but as a bonus you wouldn't have to deal with the z-curve order shit that goes on in the Textures or the gpu frame buffer.

I actually haven't looked at the hardware close enough to know if it's possible or what caveats there would be, but it should offer a decent speed up.

11. Steveice10
    OP

Jul 19, 2009
    United States
    The command used to copy the frame to the texture (GX_SetDisplayTransfer) is already fairly quick. I did try what you suggested, but it ran at pretty much the same speed.

If I could get rid of the buffer translation here, at the very least Super Mario Bros. may be boosted up to full speed. I just need to figure out a good way of writing the color values as RGB565 values in the first place without messing things up.

SLiV3R likes this.
  12. davhuit

Nov 23, 2005
    France

Yay for speed boost, will try as soon as I can :)

SLiV3R likes this.
  13. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Constant Miscreant

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    It crashed my N3DS when I went to options and I had to make another folder with 5 roms in it apparently it didn't like the folder with over 750 roms lol

14. davhuit

Nov 23, 2005
    France

Try to make a folder per letter? That's what I did for the GameBoy Emulator (and it's also make it easier to find a game).

weatMod likes this.
  15. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    Sadly it's a common limitation with emulators ported to consoles/portables as they have limited memory. It's best to sort them out on a per letter basis.

16. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    I can't try it out until 2 days. But Thanx for the update! Hope it will be fullspeed one day :)

17. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    still getting crash on exit, but you can launch another program 1st instead of exiting directly and it won't crash

18. Jim_e

Jim_e Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2007
    United States
    I was looking at NESDEV and I saw this. Christ, I didn't know the NES games were practically racing the beam.

19. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    I managed to get it to lock up when pressing home and *resuming* the emulator (run as a 3DS on Gateway, rather than closing it.

Also, when you run a FDS game, how do you switch the disk to side B?

20. davhuit

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    Thanks for the update! (already said it but I had forgot to test it the first time :D)