• Views 1,503,162
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once you have the ticket in your ticket.db you won't be able to buy it you realize :) i'm pretty certain
I doubt that. If the ticket is valid ("ligit" .cia for example), you can re-download it. If there is no valid ticket, you should be able to purchase from eshop. Accessing DLC menu in a game from sysnand (no explpit running) will delete invalid stuff.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I doubt that. If the ticket is valid ("ligit" .cia for example), you can re-download it. If there is no valid ticket, you should be able to purchase from eshop. Accessing DLC menu in a game from sysnand (no explpit running) will delete invalid stuff.

well, using gw will accept the 'not valid' tickets. so yes, if you try to buy in emunand gw mode, you will have problems maybe even classic mode too but -
i'm not sure if the not valid tickets would cause a problem without gw mode...
invalid stuff like dlc seems to go, at least most of the time, but not other content like apps and updates.
anyway, the ticket will still remain, but the contents from sd card will be deleted

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well, using gw will accept the 'not valid' tickets. so yes, if you try to buy in emunand gw mode, you will have problems maybe even classic mode too but -
i'm not sure if the not valid tickets would cause a problem without gw mode...
invalid stuff like dlc seems to go, at least most of the time, but not other content like apps and updates.
anyway, the ticket will still remain, but the contents from sd card will be deleted
Well there is a fix the tickets, simply make an emunand backup, format the 3ds and get on the eshop without a linked NNID, then link your nnid afterwards and restore your nand, the eshop will then fix and repair invalid tickets and whatnot.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well there is a fix the tickets, simply make an emunand backup, format the 3ds and get on the eshop without a linked NNID, then link your nnid afterwards and restore your nand, the eshop will then fix and repair invalid tickets and whatnot.
but formatting does not remove tickets, right? :)
i have only formatted my 3ds a few times for when i was region chaning, i have not played with nnid stuff that much, if you are certain this works then cool, thanks - good there is a way to fix it, so it only removes your invalid tickets?
i think the only times tickets will get removed is when nintendo does it, but i'm not sure about invalid tickets, i assume they will just be ignored.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but formatting does not remove tickets, right? :)
i have only formatted my 3ds a few times for when i was region chaning, i have not played with nnid stuff that much, if you are certain this works then cool, thanks - good there is a way to fix it, so it only removes your invalid tickets?
i think the only times tickets will get removed is when nintendo does it, but i'm not sure about invalid tickets, i assume they will just be ignored.
more like it installs your valid tickets, overwriting whatever was there; just like any other 'corrupt content'. Simply entering the eshop and looking at re-downloadable software seems to do this.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
more like it installs your valid tickets, overwriting whatever was there; just like any other 'corrupt content'. Simply entering the eshop and looking at re-downloadable software seems to do this.

but just going to eshop and looking at your stuff does not remove all the pirated content you have
apart from dlc, which is removed when you go into eshop etc

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but just going to eshop and looking at your stuff does not remove all the pirated content you have
apart from dlc, which is removed when you go into eshop etc
Because that content is installed to SD by all of the .CIA installers. Don't forget that there's a ticket.db and title.db on the SD card as well.

Think about the "Legit" .CIA files. Install them and visit the eshop, and all of the sudden your account lists those games as if you own them. Can't do that without the exchange and verification of tickets.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Because that content is installed to SD by all of the .CIA installers. Don't forget that there's a ticket.db and title.db on the SD card as well.

Think about the "Legit" .CIA files. Install them and visit the eshop, and all of the sudden your account lists those games as if you own them. Can't do that without the exchange and verification of tickets.

there is not a ticket.db on the sd card, only title.db, but it is not so important because you can use a new sd card with the 3ds, no problem.
it doesn't say you own the games, it says you can redownload them - of course because of the tickets, but they will not be in your purchase history

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't say you own the games, it says you can redownload them - of course because of the tickets, but they will not be in your purchase history
You can redownload them without the tickets. I did a manual system transfer starting from scratch (9.0 new3ds NAND backup taken before ANYTHING was done on the system. I did NOT include the tickets or title.db. I only transferred movable.sed and the 2 folders in data/<ID0>/ . The 'legit' cia stuff was still available for download and could not possibly have anything to do with tickets. They are now forever linked to my NNID. Period.
There is a synchronization of tickets going on there. Take it or leave it.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
You can redownload them without the tickets. I did a manual system transfer starting from scratch (9.0 new3ds NAND backup taken before ANYTHING was done on the system. I did NOT include the tickets or title.db. I only transferred movable.sed and the 2 folders in data/<ID0>/ . The 'legit' cia stuff was still available for download and could not possibly have anything to do with tickets. They are now forever linked to my NNID. Period.
There is a synchronization of tickets going on there. Take it or leave it.

hmm i was not denying that, i don't claim to know everything about nnid stuff, i have never done a system transfer :)
weird stuff... :)

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Formatting the 3ds does seem to fix the tickets though, i kept having problems updating stuff and i had to format my 3ds every time to fix it, but after avoiding the .cia updates i havn't run into that problem anymore

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to install with 1.3.8 something on EmuNAND I get the message
"Install Failed!
Could not initialize AM service."
It works fine with sysNAND but then I also get the unwrap everytime. help me?

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Unwrap issue is caused by linked nands. If you unlink them your aps will stay unwrapped.

As for the failed install, I know nothing about, but I'm not the guy with the most knowledge about this.

D

Deleted User

OP
Every time I try to install with 1.3.8 something on EmuNAND I get the message
"Install Failed!
Could not initialize AM service."
It works fine with sysNAND but then I also get the unwrap everytime. help me?

What kind of emuNAND (Gateway, rxMode, etc.) and what method of launching are you using?

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of emuNAND (Gateway, rxMode, etc.) and what method of launching are you using?
So after searching like mad I figured it was RxTools itself because it said somewhere that it won't allow piracy and stuff. I made EmuNAND with GATEWAY, is there a difference?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So after searching like mad I figured it was RxTools itself because it said somewhere that it won't allow piracy and stuff. I made EmuNAND with GATEWAY, is there a difference?

how did you even load this with rxtools...? but yes, rxtools does not allow hacked stuff like this

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did you even load this with rxtools...? but yes, rxtools does not allow hacked stuff like this

:lol: CubicNinja. I just thought that EmuNAND would let me add cia files with this sexy thing. Should I be attempting a different route or just add games on sysNAND?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i install ".3ds" files or just Cia?

You can if you convert them to .cia. It requires you to get the .3ds' xorpads on your 3DS using decrypt9. There is a Windows Batch package which helps a lot. Just search for the "3DS To CIA Converter v4.1". It does take some minor setup and requires the Cubic Ninja game or some other method of running the app to get the xorpads from the .3ds file.

I have used this to convert a few games and it works pretty well.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...