• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Shodan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Should be, yes. You'll need to erase your CN file and reinstall Ninjhax for the new system version though.

Once updated, grab the latest exploitable web browser so that can be up to date with the system. Use 3DNUS and install with FBI. 0004003000009D02 is the titleID (for EUR) and 4096 is the version. (Web browser isn't changed when you use carts to update.)
So here is my feedback :
- I successfully upgrade to 8.1.0-12E with smashbros
- I erased my CN file ans reinstall Ninjhax with the new system version
- I successfully installed BBM using FBI (which previously gave me an error when I was in 6.2.0-12E)
- I followed your advice and installed 0004003000009D02.cia with BBM to get the latest exploitable web browser but did not notice any change
- Now Ninjhax won't launch (stucked at 70%) ... Tried to re-install Ninjhax, but same result ...

I think I shouldn't have installed 0004003000009D02.cia ... Or at least not with BBM ...

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just solved my problem :
I reinstalled Ninjhax with 8.1.0.-20E and it worked again !
(Although my system still show 8.1.0-12E ...)
Yeah, sorry about that. :( I forgot that the system settings version would still display the old browser revision after you updated it manually. I'm pretty sure you could install Ninjhax as 8.1.0-19E as well. Good job on figuring it out on your own though! v4096 is supposed to be for 8.1 so it won't cause any problems for you. (It was in use from 7.1.0-16 to 9.5.0-22)

I also just installed FBI rather than using BBM/DevMenu.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Nevermind. Windows is a 'tard that doesn't know how to create a god damn correct file. I created them on my Linux machine, and it knew to actually make them .db files instead of assuming it could be called ticket.db and actually be a .txt.

Last edited by Slushie3DS,

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have file extensions visible on my Windows OS. So that's not a problem.

Tools/Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View Tab -> Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" in Advanced Settings and hit Ok.

;)

DUDE !!! Forget 3DS hacking an homebrews and whatnot, this is the most useful thing I've read here so far !!! :D

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DUDE !!! Forget 3DS hacking an homebrews and whatnot, this is the most useful thing I've read here so far !!! :D
EDIT: Nevermind. Windows is a 'tard that doesn't know how to create a god damn correct file. I created them on my Linux machine, and it knew to actually make them .db files instead of assuming it could be called ticket.db and actually be a .txt.
You mean people windows with extensions off? :o

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I, honest to god, thought this was common knowledge. Want more protips?
  • CTRL+ Shift + ESC launches taskmanager. It's hella useful if computer is lagging just enough that you can't get the right click menu to open.
  • On window 8.1 or later: Windows Key + X brings up a context menu over the start button. You can also bring it up by right-clicking it.
  • Win + L will lock the computer without logging you out.
  • Win + R opens the Run a Program dialog
  • Win + PrntScn will save a screenshot in a folder called Screenshots. It is located in your account's Pictures library folder. The screenshot is a png.
  • Win + H is for sharing a screenshot via socia media. (This and the above tip are in Windows 10, maybe also 8/8.1)
  • God Mode: Make a new folder and call it Name.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} Replace "Name" with what you want as the folder's display name. Lots of goodies inside.
  • Use msconfig.exe or ccleaner to disable programs that autostart when you log in. This will dramatically decrease boot times in some cases. (Or use Task Manager on >Windows 8)
  • Disable Windows Indexing service if you use an SSD. Pretty sure 8/8.1/10 will do this automatically on install but better check and make sure. It eats your R/W cycles for the drive.
  • Also disable the Defagmentation service if you have an SSD. It is fairly useless and will end up doing more harm than good.
  • Install Unchecky. You'll thank me later.
  • You can add a "Legal disclaimer text" to display after boot up and before you can log in. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System and edit legalnoticecaption for the title, legalnoticetext for the text. If they don't exist, make a REG_SZ (String Value). Clear them to remove the text, don't delete the keys. You are required to hit OK before the logon screen will show.
  • You can force windows to display more verbose information on startup/shutdown. (Eg. Instead of staying "Shutting down" it would actually say what's happening). In the same area as above edit VerboseStatus to have a hexidecimal value of 1. Set to 0 to disable. If the key doesn't exist, create it as a DWORD.
  • To prevent windows from restarting automatically on error and make it display a BSOD instead, hit Win + Pause/Break to open system properties. Then go to Advanced System Settings. (Or Remote Settings->Advanced tab) Click the settings button under Startup and Recovery. Uncheck "Restart Automatically" and hit Ok.
  • Faster way to rename files: select it and hit F2. Hit tab to edit the next name. Not tab but something else, I forget. Select more than one file to name them all the same. (Eg. Three files named "file" become File (1).txt, File (2).txt, File (3).txt)
  • Oh, and you can switch out windows' UI font via registry trickery as well. Requires fonts you want to use to be installed (right click the TTF/OTF) and editing the list of installed fonts so Segoe UI points to a different font's filename using the FontSubstitutes folder to point Segoe UI to a new set of fonts, use front names, not filenames here. It can, and will, fuck you over if you mess with the wrong fonts, point to a noninstalled font, point to a font that lacks the required characters. PM me if you still want to know the details.

Last edited by Hashtastrophe,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, honest to god, thought this was common knowledge. Want more protips?
  • CTRL+ Shift + ESC launches taskmanager. It's hella useful if computer is lagging just enough that you can't get the right click menu to open.
  • On window 8.1 or later: Windows Key + X brings up a context menu over the start button. You can also bring it up by right-clicking it.
  • Win + L will lock the computer without logging you out.
  • Win + R opens the Run a Program dialog
  • Win + PrntScn will save a screenshot in a folder called Screenshots. It is located in your account's Pictures library folder. The screenshot is a png.
  • Win + H is for sharing a screenshot via socia media. (This and the above tip are in Windows 10, maybe also 8/8.1)
  • God Mode: Make a new folder and call it Name.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} Replace "Name" with what you want as the folder's display name. Lots of goodies inside.
  • Use msconfig.exe or ccleaner to disable programs that autostart when you log in. This will dramatically decrease boot times in some cases. (Or use Task Manager on >Windows 8)
  • Disable Windows Indexing service if you use an SSD. Pretty sure 8/8.1/10 will do this automatically on install but better check and make sure. It eats your R/W cycles for the drive.
  • Also disable the Defagmentation service if you have an SSD. It is fairly useless and will end up doing more harm than good.
  • Install Unchecky. You'll thank me later.
  • You can add a "Legal disclaimer text" to display after boot up and before you can log in. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System and edit legalnoticecaption for the title, legalnoticetext for the text. If they don't exist, make a REG_SZ (String Value). Clear them to remove the text, don't delete the keys.
  • You can force windows to display more verbose information on startup/shutdown. (Eg. Instead of staying "Shutting down" it would actually say what's happening). In the same area as above edit VerboseStatus to have a hexidecimal value of 1. Set to 0 to disable. If the key doesn't exist, create it as a DWORD.
  • To prevent windows from restarting automatically on error and make it display a BSOD instead, hit Win + Pause/Break to open system properties. Then go to Advanced System Settings. (Or Remote Settings->Advanced tab) Click the settings button under Startup and Recovery. Uncheck "Restart Automatically" and hit Ok.
  • Faster way to rename files: select it and hit F2. Hit tab to edit the next name. Select more than one file to name them all the same. (Eg. Three files named "file" become File.txt, File (2).txt, File (3).txt)
  • Oh, and you can switch out windows' UI font via registry trickery as well. Requires fonts you want to use to be installed (right click the TTF/OTF) and editing the list of installed fonts so Segoe UI points to a different font's filename. It can, and will, f**k you over if you mess with the wrong fonts, point to a noninstalled font, point to a font that lacks the required characters. PM me if you still want to know the details.
I honestly didn't know some of these. It always annoyed me that I thought I had to use Paint to save screenshots. I don't know why Microsoft thought it was a good idea to auto hide extensions. That just begs for trouble.

Reactions: lPolarisl

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly didn't know some of these. It always annoyed me that I thought I had to use Paint to save screenshots. I don't know why Microsoft thought it was a good idea to auto hide extensions. That just begs for trouble.
I didn't know about the Win + PrnScrn one until the other day and that was a total accident. It blew my mind that this existed and wasn't even an advertised feature.

The hidden extensions are for the not-computer-smart people out there. (Of which there are a lot more of them than there are us.) Last thing we need are (more) threads about how people renamed exe files and now they won't run. Or deleting everything they don't know aka everything that isn't a txt, jpeg, png, doc(x), or Internet Explorer and now nothing will "work". Thank god for restricting user privileges.
Also, it just looks cleaner but I need to edit extensions so often that having them hidden isn't feasible.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know about the Win + PrnScrn one until the other day and that was a total accident. It blew my mind that this existed and wasn't even an advertised feature.

The hidden extensions are for the not-computer-smart people out there. (Of which there are a lot more of them than there are us.) Last thing we need are (more) threads about how people renamed exe files and now they won't run. Or deleting everything they don't know aka everything that isn't a txt, jpeg, png, doc(x), or Internet Explorer and now nothing will "work". Thank god for restricting user privileges.
Also, it just looks cleaner but I need to edit extensions so often that having them hidden isn't feasible.
Except that some Malicious people years ago crafted EXE files that look like Word documents so hiding the extensions caused people not to realize what the file really is so they would think it was a word document when it's actually a malicious exe file.

I am usually in the Nintendont thread and you would be surprised how often it comes up about people not knowing about Windows hiding extensions by default.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Except that some Malicious people years ago crafted EXE files that look like Word documents so hiding the extensions caused people not to realize what the file really is so they would think it was a word document when it's actually a malicious exe file.

I am usually in the Nintendont thread and you would be surprised how often it comes up about people not knowing about Windows hiding extensions by default.
People still do that. And they disguise them as zip files and as PDFs. It's kind of why virus scanners exist. Hell, you can easily hide exes inside of viewable jpgs so knowing the extension isn't going to do much in the virus prevention department. Also why bother hiding the executables anyway? People are still going to run them for free smilies and crap. (Hence Unchecky being on that list).

Get someone to add the info to the first page of the thread. Or ask to have it added to a sticky for the subforum. The more places it can be seen, the better.

And another tip: use Windows Defender if you have Windows 8 or newer, it's not the same "Anti-Spyware" tool that was in earlier windows. It's based off of their MSE tool and is a general purpose virus scanner now. It's also free and actually kind of decent. My only gripe is that it can't be disabled forever via settings in 10, it will reenable after a set time. So the service needs to be disabled. (I prefer using MBAM's real time scanning as I own a license for it and can later run Defender if needed. Also don't need it turning on randomly in the middle of a game and eating disk IO. lol)

Last edited by Hashtastrophe,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FBI is an open source CIA (un)installer.
Source: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI

You probably already know, but FBI doesn't compile at the moment. I updated ctrulib, ctrcommon and the FBI source (each of them within the last few hours) today.

Error message is this:
Code:
main.cpp
arm-none-eabi-g++ -MMD -MP -MF /c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/build/main.d -g -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -O3 -mword-relocations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -march=armv6k -mtune=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -I/c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/source -I/c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/include -I/c/devkitPro/ctrcommon/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/armv6k/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/3ds/include -I/c/devkitPro/libctru/include -I./lib/include -I/c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/build -DARM11 -D_3DS  -std=gnu++11 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -c /c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/source/main.cpp -o main.o
c:/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/source/main.cpp: In lambda function:
c:/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/source/main.cpp:207:60: error: 'MODULE_AM' was not declared in this scope
                                         if(error.module != MODULE_AM || error.description != DESCRIPTION_ALREADY_EXISTS) {

Last edited by d0k3,
D

Deleted User

OP
You probably already know, but FBI doesn't compile at the moment. I updated ctrulib, ctrcommon and the FBI source (each of them within the last few hours) today.

Error message is this:
Code:
main.cpp
arm-none-eabi-g++ -MMD -MP -MF /c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/build/main.d -g -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -O3 -mword-relocations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -march=armv6k -mtune=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -I/c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/source -I/c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/include -I/c/devkitPro/ctrcommon/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/armv6k/include -I/c/devkitPro/portlibs/3ds/include -I/c/devkitPro/libctru/include -I./lib/include -I/c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/build -DARM11 -D_3DS  -std=gnu++11 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -c /c/Users/Matthias/Dropbox/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/source/main.cpp -o main.o
c:/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/source/main.cpp: In lambda function:
c:/Developer/3DS/FBI-master/source/main.cpp:207:60: error: 'MODULE_AM' was not declared in this scope
                                         if(error.module != MODULE_AM || error.description != DESCRIPTION_ALREADY_EXISTS) {
Should be fixed now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things