• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

ederenzi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Steveice10. Can I humbly request a feature for FBI (just a hint, of course)? It would be nice if FBI could install .3ds files (i.e. cartridge dumps). At the moment, 3ds files must be converted to .cia using a PC tool and Decrypt9 but the entire process could be streamlined using only the 3DS (extrating ncchinfo.bin, generating xorpads, converting .3ds to cia and installing cia). Thanks!

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Steveice10. Can I humbly request a feature for FBI (just a hint, of course)? It would be nice if FBI could install .3ds files (i.e. cartridge dumps). At the moment, 3ds files must be converted to .cia using a PC tool and Decrypt9 but the entire process could be streamlined using only the 3DS (extrating ncchinfo.bin, generating xorpads, converting .3ds to cia and installing cia). Thanks!

You need to have arm9 access to generate a xorpads or decrypting the .3ds and .cia. Alpha version of D9 can dump and decrypt at the same time. So you would only need to a PC to convert it to a CIA without making ncchinfo and xorpads

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it normal that FBI has a sub-5% boot rate on a 9.9 firmware? I've tried 20 times in a row now, only get the red flash and a black screen. No successful boot so far.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it normal that FBI has a sub-5% boot rate on a 9.9 firmware? I've tried 20 times in a row now, only get the red flash and a black screen. No successful boot so far.
The boot rate on anything over 9.2 is unreliable. But no launch over 20 tries you got very unlucky.

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm still trying. Now at 30+ unsuccessful tries. (Going to HBL via Cubic Ninja btw)

edit: got it on the next try after posting the above. So i'm at a ~3% boot rate now, that's not a very comforting thought.

Last edited by Krude,

cmdwedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
FBI has been updated to v2.3.1
  • Add DS cartridge save erase function.
  • Allow entering a title version when installing from CDN from the ticket list.
  • Only ask to install from CDN when a ticket is being installed.
  • Fix updating from installed FBI.

Still utterly broken on my N3DSXL and N3DS. Experiencing the same issues as others have reported. My setup:

A9LH (version 2 or whatever that new one is)
SysNAND at 11.0.
Luma3DS latest hourly
HBL latest
HBL Launcher loader latest
FBI 2.3.1 3DSX in /3ds/FBI
I did have FBI injected into H&S some time back, but have since restored H&S to original.

Boot up my N3DSXL, select HBL Launcher. Loads up HBL. Launch FBI from HBL. Black screen.

Tried:

Copying new FBI files from PC to 3DS with FTP program
Unchecking 'read only' on the files in the FBI folder on the 3DS
Manually copying in the files onto the SD card from my PC (rather than FTP).

I have had it boot twice, and fail every other time. All of my other HBL apps work just fine. Going back to an old version of FBI also seems to work fine.

Is my above setup expected to work, or is one/more of my components/versions/etc not compatible?

Thanks again for the great work!

wedge

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Still utterly broken on my N3DSXL and N3DS. Experiencing the same issues as others have reported. My setup:
A9LH (version 2 or whatever that new one is)
SysNAND at 11.0.
Luma3DS latest hourly
HBL latest
HBL Launcher loader latest
FBI 2.3.1 3DSX in /3ds/FBI
Use the .cia, Read:
you're not supposed to use the 3dsx version with custom firmware though? it doesn't have the right permissions.

Reactions: proflayton123

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What utter nonsense. You said that it didn't have the right permissions. If it didn't have the right permissions, it would NEVER work.
When you say 'I have had it boot twice', have you actually installed any non-legit .cia successfully with it?

At any rate, stop complaining and use the .cia version of FBI, it'll work every time.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
When you say 'I have had it boot twice', have you actually installed any non-legit .cia successfully with it?

At any rate, stop complaining and use the .cia version of FBI, it'll work every time.

There is no way you'll be able to install a non-legit on essentially a vanilla console :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no way you'll be able to install a non-legit on essentially a vanilla console :P
True, though he does have A9LH. I'm just trying to show that 'lacking permissions' means that you wouldn't be able to use the .3dsx to install non-legit .cias, regardless if it actually manages to start or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U