ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

Sir_Giggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be the CE Version then. Uses Lua 5.3 instead of 5.1.
Can't think of anything else right now. It doesn't let me install CE 6.5 right now though.
And since I am working on the C# version I'd prioritize that over trying to fix the problem for CE 6.5 since I am not certain how to right now.

Edit:
Nevermind. Fixed the issue for CE 6.5 (Lua 5.3)

Replaced gfind with gmatch.
@reka @DarkCain Try this Version and let me know if it works.

Is development still on going? Sorry if you get tons of messages like this, I was just wondering when I could edit in items

yodenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh.... you were serious um so you really cant just type in ii but in caps in the editor if not then i have no idea

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh.... you were serious um so you really cant just type in ii but in caps in the editor if not then i have no idea
Of course I can't just type in 'II', as I don't have the fantasy life's in-game font on my computer.
'II' is ONE character, not two… they also have 'I', 'III,' 'IV', 'V', 'VI', 'VII', 'VIII', 'IX', and 'X', all in roman numerals, among a bunch of other letters.
So this program doesn't handle names properly, it ignores half the letters' binary.
More specifically, it doesn't see 00 as part of the letters which is the problem.
2000 for example, should be read as 0020, not 20-skip-.

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

Just an idea:
- Make a new save with the Otaku II;
- Save an extract the file;
- Open the save in HxD and Search for Otaku;
- Copy the data that compose Otaku II;
- Open your first save with HxD and search for Otaku a!;
- Replace the data by the Otaku II data;
- Save, inject and play. :)

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello !

Just an idea:
- Make a new save with the Otaku II;
- Save an extract the file;
- Open the save in HxD and Search for Otaku;
- Copy the data that compose Otaku II;
- Open your first save with HxD and search for Otaku a!;
- Replace the data by the Otaku II data;
- Save, inject and play. :)
Ah, thank you~!
I did not know if HxD could read it or not.

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried using the CE editor but for some skills it will give an error. It's also quiet confusing which values to use. Having a "max skill" option would be great.

Reactions: that girl

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would also be nice if it gave Stars in conjunction with clearing Star Quests, but it looks like you can add any number of Stars you want, and not affect the quests. that's just asking for trouble.

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
It would also be nice if it gave Stars in conjunction with clearing Star Quests, but it looks like you can add any number of Stars you want, and not affect the quests. that's just asking for trouble.
This is complete nonsense. You can use any amount of stars. This Quest solving would require to not have a Star Field but a questlist instead with the individual amount of stars. Making you check the Quests and then it would finish the Quests (yes I know where in the Save they are... but who cares) and calculate the stars accordingly. As well as auto-updating your rank depending on the star amount and learning all the skills etc for you. OBVIOUSLY more convenient for a user. But I don't see a reason to do so for a quick to use version. (BECAUSE it is a shit ton more work)

And this is not asking for trouble in any way since the Quests don't actually do much. You can basically max your stars and complete the "intro quest" for a life and you will be God Rank and have all skills and corresponding recipes etc.

I tried using the CE editor but for some skills it will give an error. It's also quiet confusing which values to use. Having a "max skill" option would be great.
It's basically not that hard to add. Just requires me to know the actual max Value. I have a list of the hexadecimal values to use but I am not entirely certain if they are true.
Made a button for that in the C# Version.
I am not working much on it however.
Which error do you get and for which skills that is?

Since I am not workin much on it anymore due to 1. losing interest in the game and 2. having not much time lately. It's better to have a working version out that has most features instead of a perfectly written, convenient to use, awesome looking editor.
That can be added and changed over time.

Last edited by TheDeKay,

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And since I am working on the C# version I'd prioritize that over trying to fix the problem for CE 6.5 since I am not certain how to right now.
Hey @TheDeKay, I'm new to this forum, just got into Homebrew this week. I basically just wanted to know if you're still planning on releasing that C# version sometime in the future.

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good Morning, This week I installed CFW rxTools on my 3DS . Today , I was playing the game Fantasy Life I already had and I found out he is one of the few games of the 3DS that does not save the save the cartridge , but the SD card. I made a backup of my SD card before I install the CFW and there I found the save of my game. I copied the save for my SD card , but the 3DS could not read it , the 3DS reported that the save was corrupted. Is there any program or homebrew to help me get my save ? I do not want to lose 150 hours of gameplay

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good Morning, This week I installed CFW rxTools on my 3DS . Today , I was playing the game Fantasy Life I already had and I found out he is one of the few games of the 3DS that does not save the save the cartridge , but the SD card. I made a backup of my SD card before I install the CFW and there I found the save of my game. I copied the save for my SD card , but the 3DS could not read it , the 3DS reported that the save was corrupted. Is there any program or homebrew to help me get my save ? I do not want to lose 150 hours of gameplay
Have you tried FLsavetool (listed in the first post) to dump the save data and then restore it to a brand new save, overwriting it with your 150 hour character?

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed editing bliss doesn't actually do anything in-game. It looks like you have to edit the bliss to 1 point below what you need for the next unlock and then perform one bliss gaining action in-game. This is for the original editor and also @TheDeKay's CE editor. Is this how it's supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong?

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed editing bliss doesn't actually do anything in-game. It looks like you have to edit the bliss to 1 point below what you need for the next unlock and then perform one bliss gaining action in-game. This is for the original editor and also @TheDeKay's CE editor. Is this how it's supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong?

This is "intentional". Well it's actually due to the Game Handling. It's similar for the Life Stars basically. Your boni are updated on Bliss checking from flutter. If you have received a certain amount of bliss (total) it will be marked in the save file as "done" and you will go up to the next step. For each marked one you can choose life boni. Which one you picked are also selected there.
I could probably just make a list to check certain life boni.

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is "intentional". Well it's actually due to the Game Handling. It's similar for the Life Stars basically. Your boni are updated on Bliss checking from flutter. If you have received a certain amount of bliss (total) it will be marked in the save file as "done" and you will go up to the next step. For each marked one you can choose life boni. Which one you picked are also selected there.
I could probably just make a list to check certain life boni.
That would be awesome.

milotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you tried FLsavetool (listed in the first post) to dump the save data and then restore it to a brand new save, overwriting it with your 150 hour character?

I have the same problem as him, but I don't understand how FLsavetool works ?

I still have my previous sd card backup but when I launch the game it says files are corrupted now, what can I do ?

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem as him, but I don't understand how FLsavetool works ?

I still have my previous sd card backup but when I launch the game it says files are corrupted now, what can I do ?
I'm confused what you mean by not understanding how FLSaveTool works?

milotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm confused what you mean by not understanding how FLSaveTool works?

Well I don't know, I tried to dump the new save I made but nothing happened..
But anyway I just don't know what it does exactly, how is it different from SaveDataFiler ?
All I know is that I still have my "extdata\00000000\00001131" folder from my previous sd backup but when I tried loading my save without those data it just corrupted it and erased it so now I don't know what to do..

Last edited by milotic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday