[Release] DSP Dump

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheCruel, Apr 23, 2016.

1. TheCruel
    OP

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    DSP Dump
    https://github.com/Cruel/DspDump

[​IMG]

Download: 3DSX (not CIA compatible)

This is a simple 3DS utility app to dump the DSP binary component needed for audio output in many 3DS homebrew applications.

You need to merely open using the Homebrew Launcher, or any other method using *hax 2.0+. It will dump the needed file onto your SD card (/3ds/dspfirm.cdc), and you're ready. It only needs to be launched once.

This is an open-source alternative to the one that currently exists. It doesn't require you to navigate some lame website and use adf.ly links.

FAQ:

Q: Do I really need to use this?
    A: If you want to use CIA homebrew, you should, yes. Chances are one of them could use DSP audio. Without dumping this file, you will hear nothing.

Last edited by TheCruel, Jul 2, 2016

2. JunTheBobOmbAce

JunTheBobOmbAce Double Trouble

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    Nifty, a good way for devs to fancy up their homebrew apps. I've been wanting sound on these things for quite a while now.

3. Conn0r

Conn0r GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Shots fired. Anyway nice brew!:grog:

MRJPGames likes this.
  4. Qwertyqwerty

Qwertyqwerty Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Thanks you

5. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I wish people stopped shittalking others. Rinnegatamante provided a lot of good stuff for this community, and what does this community do? It keeps fucking shittalking him.

Anyway, it's something HE made, he has the right to use Adf.ly - if you don't want to support a developer with 5 seconds of your time - you're an asshole! Does Adf.ly bother you that much?

This community (especially GBATemp) is cancer. Why. the. fuck. do people treat devs like they owe them the programs the way those people want? ffs people, chill, stop, stop shittalking devs. Not just Rinnegatamante either.

6. Dorimori

Dorimori professional lurker

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    possibly in your closet
    This.

JoshuaDoes and pbanj like this.
  7. Caseyfam

Caseyfam GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2015
    United States
    The way I see it is this: 1) A lot of people do this kind of shit without posting AdFly links and stuff. I think a lot of people appreciate what Rinnegatamante did and still does. I don't really think his hatred towards GBAtemp is entirely justified but whatever. You want your own forum, fine. You want to post AdFly links, fine. But just realize a lot of other people do this same stuff without asking for money. 2) I really don't think this post here is that bad. He didn't directly call out Rinnegatamante for some shit. Yeah, he vaguely hinted at it, but it really wasn't some call to arms to attack Rinnegatamante like you think it is. 3) This DSP Dumper is open source. Rinnegatamante's isn't. I think that alone justifies its existence.

8. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    linux-zen
    Now that's a quotable meme!

RubenCantuVota likes this.
  9. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    2) Yes, it was intended to insult. That's enough.

10. TheCruel
    OP

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    It's funny how everyone knows what I'm talking about because all his releases here just link to his website he promotes. Just because someone makes software doesn't mean people should support how they release it. He has made a lot of good stuff (and a lot of shitty stuff), and that's great. But he's also insufferable whiner and self-promoter.

I was nice enough to link to his dumper in my ScummVM release as opposed to rehosting it somewhere more stable like github. I'm merging upstream to their buildbot for official releases and was going to perhaps link it in their docs too. That helps with site visibility and SEO (adf.ly doesn't). Then he complains he's not getting ad revenue, breaks the links for everyone, and calls them thieves.

If he wants people to sit through ads for a 20kb file that took me an hour to duplicate, then he can fuck off. Nothing about his website I'll be supporting.

11. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    At any rate, HE made it, he chooses how to share it, if at all. If you don't respect the wishes of a developer, how do you expect them to keep developing their software and publicly sharing it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. Slashcash

Slashcash GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2015
    Italy
  13. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    But those who want to bypass Adfly are assholes. Taking a free tool without even thanking the dev by supporting him via Adfly. Guess what -, this kind of shit made several devs quit already. Want rinne to be the next?

14. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    I would not call them thieves - but I would call them ungrateful pieces of crap

15. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Make your own tool and release it if you don't like how people distribute their software. They have every right to use adf.ly links.

gnmmarechal likes this.
  16. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    Um... he did. That's what this thread is about. He didn't like the way that dev does releases (and I concur) so he made his own version and released it how he wanted to. I don't see the problem here.

17. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    I'm not talking to him, I'm talking to everyone who complains about Rinnegatamante and doesn't make their own.

gnmmarechal likes this.
  18. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.
    Anyway, thanks for the release @TheCruel. I always appreciate developers that are dedicated to sharing knowledge :)

19. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd ◥▷◁◤ Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Although I don't hate Rinnegatamante, (love their content, I use VCC a lot) adfly is a pretty shady link shortener. I always have Adblock on for adfly links.

20. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    It's not too bad as long as they don't have the popups option on. This makes it so when you click Skip Ad, a pop up comes up

Ev1l0rd likes this.