[Release] DSP Dump

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TheCruel, Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I think it's nicer when a dev "trusts" the community by just having a PayPal donation button. It's way more pleasant to just donate a few $ once (by your own choice) then use a dev's tools multiple times, than have to suffer through adfly stuff every time (with no choice). Imagine if Plailect put up adfly links to access his guide.

Xiphiidae, Ricken, bobmcjr and 3 others like this.
  2. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Aside from the fact that it would not be possible (Github has a page list, but its folded if you have a custom sidebar), nobody would use the guide anymore.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I was thinking he'd make it a PDF download or something

4. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    At any rate.
    No matter what you think, it ultimately is the choice of the developer himself. And others *should* respect his decision.

5. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Don't defend adfly. It's a cancerous page that people use to try to earn money for next to no reason.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

..... Aaaaaannnd that's a touchy subject. It's hard to respect anyone when they feel they should get paid for what they argue is a hobby.

I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular. It's just sad that you think this way of thinking is okay. No, we don't have to respect that. :) I'll respect the hard work put in. That's about it. If they have a donate button, I'll do just that.

If they deserve to be paid for their work? Trust me, they will be. Using a site like adfly is pretty underhanded. It's literally click bait..

Last edited by Memoir, May 1, 2016
  6. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    I don't think anyone is saying they shouldn't be able to release their own work as they see fit. Obviously the developer isn't under any obligation to care what anyone else says about the situation, but that doesn't mean that people can't disagree with their choice.

Xiphiidae and Pandaxclone2 like this.
  7. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Well thats kind of a shitty thing to say. Good job on making something that already exists just because you hate adfly. I don't mind adfly as long as i get what i wanted to download. It might get annoying sometimes, but people can choose what they wish to do with their created code. Doing this will just piss devs off even more and make them say screw updating things. Thats how things die. He literally could just say the same to you. He could say fuck off and just stop developing, and if you say you want that, then you sir can fuck off as well.
    I agree with @gnmmarechal

8. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Didn't think something like that would scare developers from the scene just because they wouldn't make money on the side for doing something they chose to do using spare time that they have. I don't have a problem with it but i can see why others would.

Last edited by cvskid, May 1, 2016
  9. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Wait, from what I can tell, the DSP dumper that Rinnegatamante released is closed source, TheCruel wrote this entirely by himself.

Having alternatives isn't a bad thing (There's multiple CFW, hell it looks like TheCruel will be releasing something to compete with CIAngel pretty soon), and if someone making a competing app makes you quit development, that's on you, not the person who didn't like some aspect of what you were doing and created an alternative for people who felt the same way.

Xiphiidae, Ev1l0rd, cearp and 3 others like this.
  10. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    Except that it doesn't already exist. Isn't the other software closed source?

11. Dorimori

Dorimori local death grips enthusiast

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    I like the idea of having multiple options, I just think the jab at Rinnegatamante was unnecessary.

nxwing, gnmmarechal and Tomato Hentai like this.
  12. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    It was a jab at adfly links, the fact you are able to tell exactly who is being referred to based on that shows just how uncommon those links are :)

Xiphiidae, N7Kopper, Ev1l0rd and 3 others like this.
  13. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    People are now complaining about ad.fly sites? And there I thought GBATemp couldn't get any worse with the whole WiiU drama.

Or maybe it's the fact this tool's objetive is to replace a known tool (At least known between those who know what DSP is).

14. TheCruel
    OP

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    Jesus. Yeah, I know people can do what they want with their code. And they can do shitty things with it, in which case I'll call them out on it, especially when they try to tell me I'm doing something wrong.

Notice how 3dbrew, ctrulib, and everything else in the community devs use isn't monetized like that? His software would be nothing without the community effort. So stop trying to defend the self-important whining.

If you want to support what he does because you're scared he'll stop developing, go ahead. That's definitely not one of my fears.

Xiphiidae, N7Kopper, Ilya and 4 others like this.
  15. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    This forum is really turning into shit. In 2014, I lurked the site and saw how everyone was so smart, civil, and knew what they were talking about. Now, it's full of trolls in the Wii U scene, noobs askng questions that have been asked 10 times that day, and people fighting and arguing over petty shit.

But somehow I still like it here.

Inthescene, Pandaxclone2 and nxwing like this.
  16. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    People act like using adf.ly steals money from their wallet or something. When did people became so self-centered they get angry when others get an incredibly small amount of money for 5 seconds of their time? And lol at "This guy isn't interested in profiting from his work, so you are forbidden to do so either". Probably you're the kind of guy who would pay artists with "exposure" instead of money.

nxwing likes this.
  17. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    Enjoy your malware :)

18. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    I'm curious, you are so angry that some people dislike adfly links, why does it matter to you? @TheCruel made his own version of something that he thought might be useful to people, something we didn't currently have an open source version of.

Yeah, he poked fun at people who use adfly, but here you are freaking out at him because he poked fun at a shit ad site, you're actually causing a bigger shitshow than he did in his OP, you're actually making this place worse than he is. Think about that.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  19. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2015
    Antarctica
    This is the same reason why I download B.H.'s .cia files.

Xenosaiga likes this.
  20. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    It doesn't matter to me, but forums are to exchange opinion and stuff so yeah. But I agree I kinda expressed myself very aggresively, I admit I enjoy seeing drama but I don't like causing it, I guess I overeacted there heh, sorry about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.