[RELEASE] CtrBootManager9 - Clean start.s

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by prototech, Apr 26, 2016.

1. prototech
    OP

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    This is a build of CtrBootManager9 with a clean start.s, making it compatible for newer CFW releases such as AuReiNand/Luma3DS. At the moment I have no plans to modify this source code any further, I just wanted to make it available for others to download instead of passing around links in forum threads.

Installation:

Notes:
    • If you want to load this from arm9loaderhax.bin, you must have screen-init

https://github.com/Dshoe/CtrBootManager/releases

Changelog:

v1.1
    • The images which make the application crashes (the A9LH version of "gfxGetFramebuffer" doesn't check width and height pointers and NULL pointers were given by "drawBg", fix in "gfx.c")
    • When the offset was saved (by "Setting" feature), it was corrupted (because it was written in decimal instead of hexadecimal, fix in "config.c")
    • Transparency value can be added to the highlight
    • Updated a9lh.cfg

v1.0
    • Cherry-pick clean start.s commit for Luma3DS compatibility

Credits:
    @cpasjuste - original code from which I forked.
    Original Thread - https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ctrbootmanager9.417159/
    @OperationNT - Fixing backgrounds, adding transparency to highligh

Last edited by prototech, May 8, 2016 - Reason: v1.1
    Shadowhand, Xsze, Emenaria and 3 others like this.
  2. Xsze

Xsze Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    Belgium
    does this support the background images.bin?

3. b921603

b921603 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Taiwan
    Can I play gbavc under luma3ds with this

Last edited by b921603, Apr 26, 2016
  4. Xsze

Xsze Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    Belgium
    prototech likes this.
  5. Xsze

Xsze Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    Belgium
    And also, do you have a compiled vertion of this? ^^

cvskid likes this.
  6. prototech
    OP

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    I have not tried, but if cpajuste's version does, then so will this. The only change I made is to support newer CFW's.
    The compiled version is on that link.

7. laharl22

laharl22 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 19, 2014
    France
    wrong there are not compiled version anyone can ?

8. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    I installed a9lh, along with ctrbootmanager9 and Luma, on Sunday. As far as I can tell, the ctrbootmanager9 worked with Luma. What incompatibility with Luma does this fix? Or are there multiple versions of ctrbootmanager9 and I happened to have someone else's version that worked?

9. prototech
    OP

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    I must have forgotten to actually select my zip, it's there now.

Did you load Luma with CtrBootManager? Or did you load CtrBootManager with Luma? That would be the key difference. This is for loading CtrBootManager with Luma (e.g. putting this zip in luma/payloads/ and loading it by holding L+R on boot from Luma).

I prefer to load CtrBootManager from Luma so that Luma loads first and so I don't have to use the pathchanger program to get full Luma functionality.

Xsze likes this.
  10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I'd like to see the encoding issue fixed. If the configuration file is edited on anything other than Windows, the loader won't read it as says it is nonexistent. I've even tried putting it through unix2dos, and it did nothing.

11. prototech
    OP

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    I edit my .cfg on Linux (Antergos, Arch based using Cinnamons default text editor) and on OS X (using Geany) with no problems. AFAIK the .cfg file is just a text file with a different extension, so I'm not sure what you're experiencing. What OS are you using, and what program?

12. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Weird. I've tried with nano on both OS X and Linux, and both times the loader couldn't find the file even though it was there.

13. prototech
    OP

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    I'm at work right now but in a couple hours I will try to edit with nano as well. IMHO, nano would be the least likely offender... very weird.

14. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    I am using menuhax with ctrbootmanager to load aureinand 5.0 and with the original ctrbootmanager 9 it only had a boot.3dsx file and the boot.cfg file. If i upgrade to the newest version which changes the name from aureinand to luma3ds do i need that .bin file in my case since i never needed a .bin file like that before?

15. prototech
    OP

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    This is for A9LH only, and the fix I made only applies to A9LH users. If you continue to use menuhax then you should not need to change anything.

cvskid likes this.
  16. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven Happy holidays!

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
  17. Orkna

Orkna GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2014
    Sviiiiiden
    Try this one...

(removed non working file)

Last edited by Orkna, Apr 26, 2016
  18. Xsze

Xsze Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    Belgium
    i just tried and this fixed version cannot load background image either. :'(

19. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven Happy holidays!

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    I tried renaming it to "arm9loaderhax.bin" and put it on the root of my O3DS which has No - Init installed. It just hung on the black screen. Were you able to get it working on your 3ds?

20. Orkna

Orkna GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2014
    Sviiiiiden
    I see. Havent tried. Just did a wild guess. ;)

Edit: But you said "with a boot manager" so i expected you to run it using Luma's or CtrBootManager9?

Last edited by Orkna, Apr 26, 2016