• Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

shabbypenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cemu 1.2.0 : MK8 runs at 7fps in Grand Prix, and almost the double, 13fps, in time trial ! All of that on the same configuration :) (Yup, because we don't all have i7 4790k and GTX 980Ti :P

EDIT : Cemu crashes when controller is disconnected T_T My controller was out of battery T_T

EDIT 2 : XCX can get inputs ! So we can pass the character selection ! But I'm stuck at the name entry x)
My specs:

i7-6700k overclocked 12% to 4.5GHZ
Asus z710-a
16gb DDR4 ram 2333mhz
500gb Samsung evo SSD
Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

I get 15-24 fps in on the first track i barely hit 33% usage on my cpu, i would love to know how a weaker cpu doubled my performance. I'm currently uploading a video to showcase my performance.

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
My specs:

Asus z710-a
16gb DDR4 ram 2333mhz
500gb Samsung evo SSD
Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

I get 15-24 fps in on the first track i barely hit 33% usage on my cpu, i would love to know how a weaker cpu doubled my performance. I'm currently uploading a video to showcase my performance.
Maybe it's your 3.5GB graphics card :ha:
jk

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My specs:

Asus z710-a
16gb DDR4 ram 2333mhz
500gb Samsung evo SSD
Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

EWW 3.5GB CARD NASTY

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I tried with my Mario Kart 8 save dumped with Saviine but it didn't work (perhaps it's because I got the DLC and have save data for that therefore making it incompatible with version 1.0.0). I guess I can try playing the game with Loadiine just to unlock the cups and then try again on Cemu.
I'm suspecting that the game just resets even its own saves on startup, as it doesn't even save the kart/character combo between runs.

Akdul

Trophies
Website
raulbojalil.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm suspecting that the game just resets even its own saves on startup, as it doesn't even save the kart/character combo between runs.

You are right, the game resets the save on startup. Just for testing, I unlocked the Flower Cup and Larry using Loadiine but Cemu overwrote it with empty data (the modified timestamp of the userdata.dat file also changed)

Reactions: RHY3756547

wihailiang

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i thought wii u emulator wont come sooner but its here, ive tried running mario kart 8 and well its almost at playable at 9-16 fps

My Spec
i5 3570k
Radeon HD 7870
8gb ram
maybe with ssd this will run better? but yeah cpu and gpu usage are still not optimized though,
Keep up the good work!

and anybody have tried another games beside mario kart and mario maker? like fatal frame 5 or anything?

Jellykrop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am very excited for this Wii U emulator. I am using a MacBook Air, I am sure that Cemu will be ported to Mac in the future, but I don't know if I meet the minimum hardware requirements.
Would Cemu be able to run on my hardware ? By the way, Dolphin Emulator is running at full speed (60 FPS).

Here are my specs :

Model : MacBook Air 13, early 2014
CPU : Intel Core i5 1,4 GHz
Memory : 4 Gb 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 Mb

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jellykrop,

Growlith1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am very excited for this Wii U emulator. I am using a MacBook Air, I am sure that Cemu will be ported to Mac in the future, but I don't know if I meet the minimum hardware requirements.
Would Cemu be able to run on my hardware ? By the way, Dolphin Emulator is running at full speed (60 FPS).

Here are my specs :

Thanks in advance.

Dolphin has also had about 10 years development behind it lol. either way, it's a bit too soon to say exactly what you'd need regarding specs, especially since even the highest of pcs struggle with the emu lol. regardless, you'd want to have a dedicated gpu and depending on what your i5 is, if it's higher than a 4440, then you should be good in theory though since you use a laptop, i wouldn't keep my hopes up with this emulator

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Here are my specs :

Thanks in advance.

Off topic : How can yo run dolphin at full speed with an intel HD graphics card ? I lag with my gt740m :/
In topic : Cemu is very young, we don't know how much it will be optimised in the futur, and we don't know if that will be soon or not. But Cemu will probably be stable in two or three years, so your PC will be quite old and you'll have to change it if you want to play regular games ^^
Specs aren't now the most important thing : bug fixes, compatibility, and only then optimisation :)

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Jellykrop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off topic : How can yo run dolphin at full speed with an intel HD graphics card ? I lag with my gt740m :/
In topic : Cemu is very young, we don't know how much it will be optimised in the futur, and we don't know if that will be soon or not. But Cemu will probably be stable in two or three years, so your PC will be quite old and you'll have to change it if you want to play regular games ^^
Specs aren't now the most important thing : bug fixes, compatibility, and only then optimisation :)

I don't know... But dolphin seems to be working well even if my graphic card sucks... ^_^
I bought my laptop last year, so I won't change anytime soon :sleep: , but maybe I would buy a "gaming" desktop PC in the future.

Thank you for your reply :)
Have a nice day

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dolphin has also had about 10 years development behind it lol. either way, it's a bit too soon to say exactly what you'd need regarding specs, especially since even the highest of pcs struggle with the emu lol. regardless, you'd want to have a dedicated gpu and depending on what your i5 is, if it's higher than a 4440, then you should be good in theory though since you use a laptop, i wouldn't keep my hopes up with this emulator

Thank you for your advice ^_^

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

trihy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Seems like a 3570k and a 6600k are pretty much the same for this emulator.

Fps are just about the same. And cpu usage is low. Guess there are other things keeping fps low.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work