Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hold L shortly after it loads from ctr and the cakes menu should appear. Timing can be a pain but yeah...

Ok thanks, i am in the menu right now as i type this, i have selected Enable emuNAND, do i need to Disable signature checks as well ?

and In the configuration menu i have selected Enable autoboot, do i need to select Force saving patched firmware ?

Thanks in advance

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks, i am in the menu right now as i type this, i have selected Enable emuNAND, do i need to Disable signature checks as well ?

and In the configuration menu i have selected Enable autoboot, so i need to select Force saving patched firmware ?

Thanks in advance
If you want to launch anything at all yes enable err disable sig checks.
I don't think you need to bother with the force saving firmware option though.

Reactions: peteruk

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So Cakes is in my tutorial as well now.
Is there any really practical difference to Reinand? Like Reinand using 9.6 firm and cakes 10.2 - thus newer titles running without fw spoof/Cryptofix?

Reactions: peteruk

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance the dhs branch will get rebased to the latest?

Working on rewriting at least dhs_patch. So yes, in a way.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry about the big disclaimer in the OP, but I'm a bit pissed with the huge amount of people lately who can't read (seriously, look back these last 4 pages. I also had one guy PM me about how to install it, instead of trying to look for it himself).
Will probably take it off when I'm in a better mood.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The annoying part is that the sort of person that needs the disclaimer is exactly the sort of person that just skips the entire first post/thread to ask a question. Amazingly, I've seen that happen even when the answer was already there just 2 posts above theirs.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The annoying part is that the sort of person that needs the disclaimer is exactly the sort of person that just skips the entire first post/thread to ask a question. Amazingly, I've seen that happen even when the answer was already there just 2 posts above theirs.

Yeah, I know, but I'm a fair bit pissed, and maybe, just maybe, it helps with what's happened the last 4 pages, and hopefully some people can point out what I haven't formulated clearly enough in the OP.
I did my best putting helpful error messages in CakesFW (some of which I've never seen anybody have), but I can't help all kinds of stupidity. :T

Last edited by mid-kid,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I know, but I'm a fair bit pissed, and maybe, just maybe, it helps with what's happened the last 4 pages, and hopefully some people can point out what I haven't formulated clearly enough in the OP.
Trust me it's not you. The first post's clear and informative. The last few pages just show that we're not quite there yet as a species :huh:

Jinnial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I know this is a really stupid question, but how to do you get back to the configuration menu? Every time I open the Cake app from homebrew it auto boots into the CFW. I Used to want that but now I only want to manually boot into it. Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.