Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yeah, anything you want. If you want to use the eshop, you can install FreeMultiPatcher too.

I think you can also create an emunand if you install a Cubic Ninja cia on your sysnand and use the gateway launcher, but I didn't test.
I tested this with a fresh .cia of cubic ninja and with my retail cart of oot with the fixed gateway save on it and it did not boot the gateway menu. It get stuck on a glitchy screen.

mironicurse

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's probably yet another timing difference... The original payload had a delay for a bit waiting for button presses and the new one probably does its stuff then checks if a button is held, if not then it just boots it which is faster than something with a delay
I'm talking about CakesFW loader (steveice10's last build) autoboot, not homemenuhax one. And I can't boot into emunand(it boots into sysnand instead) for some reason - if loading through homemenuhax.
I'll guess i should wait for now.

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The Cakes' homemenuhax works perfectly with me.
But I have a little advice for improvement.

The Cakes' launcher (Cakes.3dsx) can be made as different options.
Like Cakes_Emunand.3dsx and Cakes_Sysnand.3dsx. (Boot GBA games)

Once the HBL loads, different mode could be selected.
Thanks for the contributors. You are the best!

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Cakes' homemenuhax works perfectly with me.
But I have a little advice for improvement.

The Cakes' launcher (Cakes.3dsx) can be made as different options.
Like Cakes_Emunand.3dsx and Cakes_Sysnand.3dsx. (Boot GBA games)

Once the HBL loads, different mode could be selected.
Thanks for the contributors. You are the best!
This wouldn't work as cakes reads the config file... Also you don't need to boot into sysNAND to play GBA, you just install the GBA game into sysNAND along with the patched firmware in sysNAND and both on the emuNAND also, once done boot into emuNAND and play a GBA game... Also, to access the cakes menu just hold L and then change the patches you want and then boot the CFW ;)

I'm talking about CakesFW loader (steveice10's last build) autoboot, not homemenuhax one. And I can't boot into emunand(it boots into sysnand instead) for some reason - if loading through homemenuhax.
I'll guess i should wait for now.

Yeah well if the only thing different is the themehax payload then doesn't that tell you there's something different in the themehax thats causing it? And I explained what I suspect to be different that causes it :P

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What's about autoboot of CakesFW with themehax?

Well, themehax is a exploit that loads a file (boot.3dsx) from the root of the sd card as soon as you power up the 3ds. To install the "hax" you need cubic ninja and a firmware in sysnand that supports the use of themes.
https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases

You can put a CakesFW's boot.3dsx to make it boot automatically.

Choquette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to changed the firmware9.2.bin for the firmware9.5.bin to get into emunand but it doesnt work black screen of death haha!! SO for now im using rxtools!
which emunand can I update to? 9.5 or higher?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get a little help? With Cakes now working on launch on my N3DS thanks to themehax, I'm finally moving up from Pasta to Cakes. As such, I want to use the Emunand option. I've not set up an Emunand yet, so I want to be sure I do it right and I understand what I can do with it as well.

If I set up an emunand, am I able to update the firmware of the emunand to something that enables Amiibo support without changing the actual Nand's firmware of 9.0? I'm pretty sure I can, but I want to make sure that actually can be done.

Also, how do I copy all my downloaded titles for use with PastaCFW to the Emunand? Is there a way to do this without having to reinstall each title to the Emunand?

Can the Cakes Emunand load GBA and DSi titles, or will I still have to switch to the CFW tied to the real NAND to play those titles? No big deal either way, just curious.

Thanks for any help!!!

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get a little help? With Cakes now working on launch on my N3DS thanks to themehax, I'm finally moving up from Pasta to Cakes. As such, I want to use the Emunand option. I've not set up an Emunand yet, so I want to be sure I do it right and I understand what I can do with it as well.

If I set up an emunand, am I able to update the firmware of the emunand to something that enables Amiibo support without changing the actual Nand's firmware of 9.0? I'm pretty sure I can, but I want to make sure that actually can be done.

Also, how do I copy all my downloaded titles for use with PastaCFW to the Emunand? Is there a way to do this without having to reinstall each title to the Emunand?

Can the Cakes Emunand load GBA and DSi titles, or will I still have to switch to the CFW tied to the real NAND to play those titles? No big deal either way, just curious.

Thanks for any help!!!

N3ds can have emuNAND up to 9.5, not sure if it has amiibo support though. You can either keep your emuNAND linked or take your SD card out and do a system format from sysNAND, all of your things from sysNAND will stay on emuNAND but sysNAND will be basically stock (you'll of course have to reinstall themehax) you CAN play GBA (not sure on the DSi stuff) from emuNAND however you need to install the GBA game and patched firmware on both sysNAND and emuNAND (this is because emuNAND AGB_FIRM checks signatures in emuNAND before booting and when it reboots it undoes the emuNAND patch so you're in sysNAND and it has to load the game off of sysNAND so it needs to actually be there) hope this helps

airtrack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Freeze(black screen) after choose cakes in HBL any suggest?
I just managed to install a cia manager in my n3ds without CN/gateway thanks to @Steveice10 :yaysp:

You need :
- A 9.0-9.2 console obviously
- Browserhax : https://gbatemp.net/threads/yellows8s-browserhax-thread.398132/
- Cakes for ninjhax2 : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cakesfw.391200/page-62#post-5695644
- Cakes 9.9 (first post) with an encrypted 9.0-9.2 firmware.bin : can't link it here, but search "firmware9.2.bin" on google on download the Cakes.zip folder. The md5 of the firmware9.2.bin should be 87aea2e8c30a533fd9f319683b3a0793. Rename it firmware.bin and put it in the cakes folder along with the cetk file.
- The latest ninjhax version of FBI : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-fbi-open-source-cia-installer.386433/
- A cia version of the cia installer you want to install (for exemple FBI or BigBlueMenu)

Once you have all of that :
1. Start the HBL
2. Choose Cakes
3. In select Patches, choose "Disable signature checks" but don't choose emunand.
4. Boot the cfw.
5. Run the browserhax again, but now choose FBI.
6. Install the cia manager. If you get a database error, read the FBI faq in the official thread.

Then you will have a cia installer installed on the sysnand. You will still need CN or OOT to create an emunand though.

Edit : It works with a CN cia + the gw launcher.

airtrack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have all file from cake99

Update
I have replaced ninjhax 2.0 cake.3dsx in 3ds/cakes now i can it doest freeze the boot menu show up but after i boot cakes i check the system but it still show 9.0 and unable to install fbi after i enable package unsign :(

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have all file from cake99

Update
I have replaced ninjhax 2.0 cake.3dsx in 3ds/cakes now i can it doest freeze the boot menu show up but after i boot cakes i check the system but it still show 9.0 and unable to install fbi after i enable package unsign :(
You must boot Cakes WITHOUT the Signature patches

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know how to update the emunand with cakes? it keeps showing me sys nan version in emunand setting then when i back out it back on sys nand. i can tell its emunand because of different theme.

Last edited by Ripper00420,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...