Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If i boot Cubic Ninja without patches it still freezes and i can't access Brahma either (can't run ARM9)

Wait - you're trying to boot Cubic Ninja after booting Cakes? Of course you won't be able to boot Cubic Ninja like that if you don't have the right firmware.bin.
If you're trying to boot Cakes with Cubic Ninja (thus, starting fresh), then all I can do right now is tell you that Brahma has always been kind of a weird entry point that freezes when "Booting..." under certain circumstances I can't quite put my finger on.
That said, considering you have 7.2, you could just use the web browser (and if it's unavailable, install it with Pasta).

XeR ッ

Not sure if i still wanna be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait - you're trying to boot Cubic Ninja after booting Cakes? Of course you won't be able to boot Cubic Ninja like that if you don't have the right firmware.bin.
If you're trying to boot Cakes with Cubic Ninja (thus, starting fresh), then all I can do right now is tell you that Brahma has always been kind of a weird entry point that freezes when "Booting..." under certain circumstances I can't quite put my finger on.
That said, considering you have 7.2, you could just use the web browser (and if it's unavailable, install it with Pasta).
Anyway , i'll try with the browser , thanks for the help.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hum, with N3DS 9.2 sysnand via spider I have a cakes.dat infinite loading, this is normal?
(last version, cakes85), thanks for your help!

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
Hum, with N3DS 9.2 sysnand via spider I have a cakes.dat infinite loading, this is normal?
(last version, cakes85), thanks for your help!
There is no SPIDER on N3DS. (SKATER, indeed)
So, you can't use browser to enter the cfw.
You have to use either ninjhax or downgraded MSET entry.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ninjhax not working for N3DS 9.2, Cakes85.
I can see it on the ninjhax menu, with the cake picture and all, but after that black screen when I click on it.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hum...
I guess that this is here where I'm wrong.
When I load the exploit (ninjhax), 2.1 is displayed. so I'm probably not with 1.1 ninjhax.
But I can't access the website to get the QR code for 1.1? Because I guess that this is not the same as the QR code for 2.1, and I can't open smealum's site right now, it seems offline.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hum...
I guess that this is here where I'm wrong.
When I load the exploit (ninjhax), 2.1 is displayed. so I'm probably not with 1.1 ninjhax.
But I can't access the website to get the QR code for 1.1? Because I guess that this is not the same as the QR code for 2.1, and I can't open smealum's site right now, it seems offline.
Can you use savedatafiler?

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
when I try to launch something from the sysnand, it says that I have to re-download it from E-Shop, if this is the question.
And I checked again, it's Ninjhax 2.1b that I have running.
EDIT: Ok, so it's working, now!
Indeed I was with a wrong boot.3dsx and a wrong QR code. Nothing on smea pages tells you if it's 1.1 or anything else, so I made a mistake.

the CFW booted well. I'll try some gba game to see if it works, thank you for your help MassExplosion123 and CreativeMan!

EDIT: Flawless. GBA game sysnand launched like a charm.
This CFW is doing what we expect him to do. congratulation to the team, guys this is perfect!

Last edited by Fatalanus,

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is by far the best CFW for N3DS as of this writing.
I've tried Reinand and Rxtools, while both firmwares boot fine, it sometimes freezes or hangs up.
Cakesfw boots 100% on my end and never freezes... so far.

I'm using a US N3DS XL with firmware 9.0.

Thanks!

Reactions: Syphurith

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto