ROM Hack [RELEASE] Bravely Default Village Save Editor

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they found out how, they never posted anything about it....
Yep, last I checked it, which was a solid 6 years ago, there was some sort of obfuscation and checksum to deal with in the main save file. So if someone can figure that out, a more in depth save editor can be made. The village editor was nice and plain.

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. The villager editor does weird things with Bravely Second saves. If I set villagers to 999, it gives me about 2532 villagers? (EDIT: to be precise, I had 25 villagers, then using the save editor to set to 999, I ended up with a total of 2391. very strange)

Anybody know a way to change that to, say, 9999?

Last edited by MultiKoopa,

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. The villager editor does weird things with Bravely Second saves. If I set villagers to 999, it gives me about 2532 villagers? (EDIT: to be precise, I had 25 villagers, then using the save editor to set to 999, I ended up with a total of 2391. very strange)

Anybody know a way to change that to, say, 9999?
That it works with bravely second at all, is a miracle, and a fluke. This editor isn't designed to work with bravely second, so you'll either have to use an editor that is, or figure out the specific hex edit necessary to change villager count.

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting an access to path is deined error, how do i fix that?
That's a new one, and not something set up by my editor. That's your operating system telling you that you can't access something. Make sure you aren't doing this in a file path you don't have full access too (like inside Program Files).

Cybi56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! So I'm running this game on Citra and I was able to easily find the save data location however when trying to run the program I am able to edit to my hearts content but the save option is grayed out? Is there any way I could get some help on this?

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! So I'm running this game on Citra and I was able to easily find the save data location however when trying to run the program I am able to edit to my hearts content but the save option is grayed out? Is there any way I could get some help on this?
Save option in what exactly?

Kumo02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have been trying to use the Save Editor but cant seem to save the file once I load the COLONY1 or COLONY0 into it. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have attached a screenshot of what im seeing.

I have dragged the COLONY1 and COLONY0 file into the Save Editor, I have open with Save Editor, and I have ran the Save Editor as admin and still no way to save. Any help would be welcomed
Ref.jpg

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have been trying to use the Save Editor but cant seem to save the file once I load the COLONY1 or COLONY0 into it. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have attached a screenshot of what im seeing.

I have dragged the COLONY1 and COLONY0 file into the Save Editor, I have open with Save Editor, and I have ran the Save Editor as admin and still no way to save. Any help would be welcomedView attachment 274745
Which version are you using by chance? I haven't run into this with my testing. If I remember how I set it up, it should let you save once you've changed a value in any of the boxes

Kumo02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version are you using by chance? I haven't run into this with my testing. If I remember how I set it up, it should let you save once you've changed a value in any of the boxes

I am using v1.2.1 released on Mar 16

I even downloaded v1.1 and still giving me no option to save =(

Last edited by Kumo02,

Kumo02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure! How did you want me to send it? DM you a google docs link?

And what do you want sent? just the COLONY or all of the Bravely Default save files i have?

Coreifyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got the same issue as Kumo02, so I'd be more than happy if you post the solution here, should you find it

Coreifyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm gonna go into a corner of shame. In my head, it was there to display the filename, despite literally every other program doing it exactly like that. Well, it works wonderfully

pajarita

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I made an account just to say thanks to you, dev!
The software was very helpful it works wonders. Thank you for making it possible!!!

Reactions: Oswarlan

alyonna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel totally dumb, How do I use the program to edit my villagers? not sure where to find COLONY0.sav at on my computer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte