Hacking [Release]BootNTR Selector

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would i check the settings of luma3ds?? i know its in the configuration but idr how to get into them again.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dk how to do that backup with decrypt9. let alone a system update. i was told i didnt need to by someone else. i been trying to wait for hbl to get updated first to start with. lol. but i guess i could try :/ i hate updating. i tend to lose things.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, you may have a franken firmware...

Try to do a backup with decrypt9 and do a system update to the 11.1.
Then try again. ;)
oh whats a franken firmware???

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since you have A9LH, just set up the payload of Decrypt9 / Hourglass9 to a key and instead of pressing Select press the key you have assigned to it.

Then in the menu you'll have an option to backup your sysnand.

A franken firmware is a weird firmware. An update / downgrade may have broken something and it's not a clean firmware.

Last edited by Nanquitas,

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have A9LH, just set up the payload of Decrypt9 / Hourglass9 to a key and instead of pressing Select press the key you have assigned to it.

Then in the menu you'll have an option to backup your sysnand.

A franken firmware is a weird firmware. An update / downgrade may have broken something and it's not a clean firmware.
that franken firmware sounds weird. i don't see how that might've happened. i followed the guide to the tee. anymew i never set up a key to be assigned. nothing ik of or remember. is there a default key??

oh btw since im a curious monkey. why woud i need to backup the sysNAND??

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need Decrypt9 or Hourglass9, follow the link I gave you in my last post;
i don't see any downloads to setup that payload thing. so i'll just go into hourglass9 or whatever it is via the other way saves me the trouble of messing with my drive again since my drive on my laptop is always acting weird

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need Decrypt9 or Hourglass9, follow the link I gave you in my last post;
btw hun on my luma config screen i got these activated
autoboot sysNAND
use sysNAND FIRM if starting with R (A9LH)
show current NAND IN system settings
show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM

oh and i have hourglass9 already installed. it came with the a9lh. just cant remember how to boot into it either. been awhiles since i had to boot into it

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvrmnd. i remembered how to boot in hourglass9. im backing up the sysNAND now

can anyone tell me the following things??

1st thing is how to update my sysNAND?? im on a9lh btw with luma3ds.
2nd thing since my sysNAND is backupped can i restore it after i update the sysNAND to make it go back to the previous sysNAND??

just me being a curious monkey is all.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st thing is how to update my sysNAND?? im on a9lh btw with luma3ds.
2nd thing since my sysNAND is backupped can i restore it after i update the sysNAND to make it go back to the previous sysNAND??
Make sure you have "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" enabled in the Luma config, then go to System Settings. If you did not set a custom version number, then it should say "Sys X.Y.Z-NN", where X.Y.Z-NN is the system version. The important part is that it says "Sys"; this is how you know Luma3DS is running. (If it says "Ver.", then something's wrong.)

Once you verify that it says "Sys", then you can do a regular System Update like with an unhacked 3DS.

For the second point: You can always restore an old SysNAND at any time. Assuming you used Plailect's guide, holding down Start while turning on the system will load Hourglass9, from which you can restore an older SysNAND while preserving A9LH.

Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" enabled in the Luma config, then go to System Settings. If you did not set a custom version number, then it should say "Sys X.Y.Z-NN", where X.Y.Z-NN is the system version. The important part is that it says "Sys"; this is how you know Luma3DS is running. (If it says "Ver.", then something's wrong.)

Once you verify that it says "Sys", then you can do a regular System Update like with an unhacked 3DS.

For the second point: You can always restore an old SysNAND at any time. Assuming you used Plailect's guide, holding down Start while turning on the system will load Hourglass9, from which you can restore an older SysNAND while preserving A9LH.
okies goodie. tyvm for responding. and its nice to know that information. i do like to know the details of what im doing and of those things to it. that helped me alot. now off to check everything you just said. wish me luck. and you have a great day.

okies goodie. tyvm for responding. and its nice to know that information. i do like to know the details of what im doing and of those things to it. that helped me alot. now off to check everything you just said. wish me luck. and you have a great day.
oh yes it's definitely showing sys. so i can update. ty again.

Jalathas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I'm trying to follow this guide but it asks me to specifically use NTRCFWLoader.zip instead of the Selector that's linked in the OP. Does that still exist, or is it discontinued maybe?

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i give up. i just updated. got the BootNTR to install via qr code like this stuff has said. errored. i then decided to let it sit a min and download the selector and i got this error:

Failed to install from URL.
https://api.titledb.com/v0/proxy/00...
Result code: 0xD8E0825
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Invalid NCCH (37)

i yes of course uninstalled and been trying to reinstall this stuff and now this happens. ugh. this is very very annoying. i would like to think the person that made this didn't intend this to be annoying to anyone.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i know which fbi it is?? cuz this fbi came with the a9lh. wasnt all that long ago i installed a9lh. so idk. its always been like that with most cia's i have found. especially ones from here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: