Last edited by horsiezoozoo,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When I talked about compatibility list, I meant support of extra RAM, like on the N3DS.
If I understand the meaning of Mode3.

But I'm sorry, I don't understand your answer :(
I don't know why you talk about the internet browser.

SSMB worked well with BootNTR Selector and I didn't have a reboot when I closed the game.
I was talking about how to tell which game is running in mode3 (because you can't open the internet browser while in mode3). About NTR CFW compatibility, I'm not sure if there are any games that don't work, I think almost all work if not all.

Reactions: phantom-lord

phantom-lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was talking about how to tell which game is running in mode3 (because you can't open the internet browser while in mode3). About NTR CFW compatibility, I'm not sure if there are any games that don't work, I think almost all work if not all.
I've got a mobile phone or a PC to go on the Internet if I need to ^^
(Ok, I just understand the tip about no browser to see if I'm in Mode3, I got better, X+Y, and a menu opens to screenshot or else).

It's not a question about game doesn't work, but what game need Mode3 to extend the RAM. After many search, only a few games need it. And you need to launch Mode3 first for EACH game, so if the game doesn't need it, I don't want to lost time to launch Mode3 before.
This is said in the readme. That's why I'm searching a compatibility list.

phantom-lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Sonic Mania decomp has been forked to run on o3ds and requires mode 3 for the extra memory- in the 3ds Sonic Mania port thread
Ok thanks, I didn't understand why you talked about this game ;)
It's for the test of Mode3.

I have already SSMB installed to test Mode3. My real question is what game can exploit Mode3, because many don't need extra RAM.

It's hard to find informations about BootNTR, even in the Github, you need to read both of readme, because some info are in one but not in the other one.

For info, I tested custom-install-standalone yesterday, to install CIA's directly from PC, worked very well, fast and you don't need double space available to install a game.
BUT, you have to put the real Luma3DS, not the modded one for BootNTR. Beacause you can't launch Homebrew Channel without a crash and you need it to finish the install of cia's.
Right after you can swipe boot.firm with the modded one and everything is gonna be alright :)

proapc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
How can I use BootNTR Selector so it runs ntr version 3.6 instead of 3.6.1?
I want this so I can use a patched NTR version where I changed the listening port using Snickerstream.
Snickerstream can't patch version 3.6.1 that comes with the latest BootNTR Selector.
If I just replace the ntr_3_6.bin file it doesn't load correctly on the N3DS, the menu doesn't open (X+Y nor L+Start) so I can't enable the debugger

Welshgamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, First Happy New Year for tonight. Right I have BootNTR selctor insalled and luma v11.0 a few moinths back.. Then yesterday I was trying to do screen cast to WiiU and tv and realised BootNTR loads and then errors - With load failed Luma3DS 3GX not installed, I can hold the select,down and L to get menu to work, but when I change view out (or what ever it called sorry) it just stays blank screen.. So I read a couple posts and I read somewhere, that it has a problem with Luma v11.0 and I can install some temp Loader edition ? and some other post - said I can just grab 3GX from github. So can someone please confirm what I obviously did wrong, so I can get the feature working. Many thanks in advance and Pre Happy New Year too

Reactions: raxadian

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, First Happy New Year for tonight. Right I have BootNTR selctor insalled and luma v11.0 a few moinths back.. Then yesterday I was trying to do screen cast to WiiU and tv and realised BootNTR loads and then errors - With load failed Luma3DS 3GX not installed, I can hold the select,down and L to get menu to work, but when I change view out (or what ever it called sorry) it just stays blank screen.. So I read a couple posts and I read somewhere, that it has a problem with Luma v11.0 and I can install some temp Loader edition ? and some other post - said I can just grab 3GX from github. So can someone please confirm what I obviously did wrong, so I can get the feature working. Many thanks in advance and Pre Happy New Year too
Yeah, you need the 3gx version of luma.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Welshgamer101

Slash1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i use bootntr cfw on luma always?
it will be disbaled after reboot or power off
every time i need to select ntr cfw to load it

Last edited by Slash1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*