• Views 59,027
  • Replies 263
  • Likes 38

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it was. I got it to work on AS after a couple crashes. That has the 11 firmware payload, other wouldn't update but still worked.

No, no firmware or data changes except saving my game.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah it was. I got it to work on AS after a couple crashes. That has the 11 firmware payload, other wouldn't update but still worked.
If you install the correct payload through the installer, there's no need to update it unless you actually update your system version.

Note that basehaxx doesn't have an incredibly reliable boot rate, it will not work every time.

You could try reinstalling the hax again through the installer, or even restore an old save file (from before you first installed the hax) and then install it.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It did, that was my problem in the beginning.
Well, all I can say is:

1. Make sure that both 3DS systems have the same (or no) update data for OR/AS when installing the hax.

2. Make sure that the installer correctly identifies the game that you want to install the hax to.

3. In the installer, make sure you correctly select the system version that you want the hax to work on, including NEW/OLD.

4. Don't select 'update' from the payload menu if you don't need to.

5. Basehaxx won't have a perfect boot rate, you will get crashes.

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I won't. I can't help using the games though, they're my main reasons for 3ds. And I often gen for friends so...

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, so people that are having the same issue or are interested in the results, I just did setup basehaxx on my 1.4 digital AS again, I run it on a EUR New 3DS on 11.0.
It installed fine. But each time I tried to launch the exploit by renaming my team, it would send me back to the home menu and display a message that an error occured. I tried to launch the exploit 10 times in a row, always rebooting my console after each try. Always same result.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you think well be able to somehow use this entrypoint to downgrade from 11.0?
If downgrading from 11.0 ever becomes possible (it's not possible at the moment), it most likely won't matter which exploit you use.

Okay, so people that are having the same issue or are interested in the results, I just did setup basehaxx on my 1.4 digital AS again, I run it on a EUR New 3DS on 11.0.
It installed fine. But each time I tried to launch the exploit by renaming my team, it would send me back to the home menu and display a message that an error occured. I tried to launch the exploit 10 times in a row, always rebooting my console after each try. Always same result.
Very strange. My situation is almost identical to yours, except I use a cartridge, and I've had 100% boot rate with basehaxx so far. Double-/triple-check that you're selecting everything correct in the installer, and maybe try running the hax as soon as possible after you boot the game. What entrypoint did you use to install basehaxx? Freakyhax?

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, but I might have found the issue already. Brb in about 5 minutes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I failed with much epicness. I didn't had a team before I installed the hax, wich is a requirement.

"1. Make sure you have a secret base and are able to rename your team."

It says it right there, damn, sorry to have wasted your time.

So, I can now conclude this is an amazingly stable entrypoint.
Also, the *hax payload update mechanic is really nice. I wont use this since I recently got freakyhax, but still, OP, you did a really good job!

Last edited by FanmadeEndings,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I failed with much epicness. I didn't had a team before I installed the hax, wich is a requirement.
"1. Make sure you have a secret base and are able to rename your team."
It says it right there, damn, sorry to have wasted your time.
So, I can now conclude this is an amazingly stable entrypoint.
Haha, I didn't even know that that was a requirement, but it makes sense.

Glad to know everything worked out.

Reactions: FanmadeEndings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE