• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Soo, in other words no one knows who is in charge of the cache. Come to my mind someone who is in jail, and he cant upload the cache :hrth::teach:
You're an idiot

Someone (not Cruel) is maintaining the cache, but it seems they are asleep at the wheel.
It's a manual process, nobody is "asleep at the wheel", they just happened to update the cache the day before the titlekey site updated.

No papichulo, the problem is that other games havent shown up yet. Like blaster master EU, trio of towns and that one game. You know, that one other
Blah blah cache not rebuilt blah calm down blah wait

Here, let me link you guys to a couple useful posts that are in this topic over the last few days:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...eshop-alternative.468436/page-62#post-7316452
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...eshop-alternative.468436/page-60#post-7312084

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's a manual process, nobody is "asleep at the wheel", they just happened to update the cache the day before the titlekey site updated.
Fair enough, although they should have really waited until Fire Emblem Echoes was released to update to the cache. Nothing included in the last update was really that interesting.

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
You're an idiot

Blah blah cache not rebuilt blah calm down blah wait

Here, let me link you guys to a couple useful posts that are in this topic over the last few days:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...eshop-alternative.468436/page-62#post-7316452
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...eshop-alternative.468436/page-60#post-7312084
I think you're the one that needs to calm down. Pal. You about to turn green.

Reactions: Nomelas

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe he's only able to update it one day per week due to real life responsibility?

Please calm down.

Concerns are warranted here. People have pointed out there hasn't been ANY new game showing up in ANY region since that title site has changed domains. There has been at least 1 new cache revision since then, but none have actually brought new games to the freeshop.

Fire Emblem is a perfect example of this, but there have been a few others in other regions as well. None of which are showing up. It's not an issue with missing keys, its not an issue with a game not being released, it 'appears' to be a bigger issue. Maybe it's the cache, or maybe it's freeshop, or maybe it's something else, we don't know, we're just trying to help.

Latest cache was 4 days ago: https://github.com/Repo3DS/shop-cache/releases

If you can't counter argue without saying "you're an idiot" or "you don't know how it works".. etc, then please, just stop. Otherwise, enlighten us.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Please calm down.

Concerns are warranted here. People have pointed out there hasn't been ANY new game showing up in ANY region since that title site has changed domains. There has been at least 1 new cache revision since then, but none have actually brought new games to the freeshop.

Fire Emblem is a perfect example of this, but there have been a few others in other regions as well. None of which are showing up. It's not an issue with missing keys, its not an issue with a game not being released, it 'appears' to be a bigger issue. Maybe it's the cache, or maybe it's freeshop, or maybe it's something else, we don't know, we're just trying to help.

If you can't counter argue without saying "you're an idiot" or "you don't know how it works".. etc, then please, just stop. Otherwise, enlighten us.
He is calm dude

Reactions: Drakia

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please calm down.

It's open source, go learn how it works :) There is no bigger problem, there's nothing wrong with freeshop, there's nothing wrong with the cache. There are three parts of a system all managed by different people, sometimes timeframes don't match up between people when something is that distributed.

Here's the thing, the cache is handled by @ss23, as I mentioned like 5 posts above yours. He has to manually generate it. He ended up generating it before the keys were encrypted, maybe due to time constraints on his end. You want to know why I made that post you linked? Because there was over a full page of idiots spreading false information about how things work, and how it's all broken, and wah wah they want their games now. You know how annoying it is trying to correct people every 2 posts?

Sit back, relax, wait for your pirated games. If you can't do that, there's an eShop you can buy from, or more than likely a nearby game store you can walk in to.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XEtn4gt.jpg

weird white half-border even at regular size (400x240 for top and 320x240 for bottom), and DLC/Update list shows all white except for icons and top screen but I guess pretty good progress???

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
I appreciated all the answers but then if 3 people are in charge of freeshop to make it work, & right now isn't working well, i see there isn't much communication between them., no one knows.. by one om :shy:

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciated all the answers but then if 3 people are in charge of freeshop to make it work, & right now isn't working well, i see there isn't much communication between them., no one knows.. by one om :shy:
It's not a coordinated effort like B9S was.

If you don't like it, fund it, or learn to code.

As Drakia said it's open source. Anyone is free to fork it, combine all three parts and release it. No one is stopping you from doing so (maybe Nintendo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...