Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it safe to use freeshop now? Because the banwave is getting people who use homebrew online right? And you need to be online to download titles.
freeShop is unrelated to ANY banwave as far as we can tell. Having said that, apparently disabling Nintendo's telemetry will not block the system from sending data to Nintendo. Also, it seems they just banned homebrew users in general with no rhyme or reason attached to it (including some legit systems).

brenoppr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
freeShop is unrelated to ANY banwave as far as we can tell. Having said that, apparently disabling Nintendo's telemetry will not block the system from sending data to Nintendo. Also, it seems they just banned homebrew users in general with no rhyme or reason attached to it (including some legit systems).
thanks for answering. I know its unrelated to the banwave, but would I be sending information to nintendo when im downloading a title in freeshop. And if yes, could that result in a ban?

brenoppr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
uh? I have Super Smash Bros 3Ds and after launch game with internet say new update but I open freshop and no update from this game

I dont use eshop or lost my dlcs from street place ><
Smash bros got an update to allow bayonetta corrin and cloud amiibos. I think you'll have to wait until "your title database" updates and put the update there.

JimmyCrackedCorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there no way to download specific DLC for a game instead of all the DLC bundled together? I opted to download all the DLC for SMTIV: Apocalypse and it's causing the game to slightly lag when opening the menu. There's no option to delete specific DLC so I was wondering if I could delete all of it then only download the DLC I want from the freeshop. The only option I've seen is downloading it all.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there no way to download specific DLC for a game instead of all the DLC bundled together? I opted to download all the DLC for SMTIV: Apocalypse and it's causing the game to slightly lag when opening the menu. There's no option to delete specific DLC so I was wondering if I could delete all of it then only download the DLC I want from the freeshop. The only option I've seen is downloading it all.
You can only download it all.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
can anyone pls tell me how to update the freeshop cache using the cache files thingy
  • We have no control over the cache. It is managed by someone else and at the moment we lack two critical files that prevent us from creating (and hosting) our own cache. Additionally, hosting your own cache would at the moment not be legal in any way, as you need to link to non-sharable (illegal) files to create and maintain a cache (although you can circumvent it by running it on a local server). The current cache circumvents it by setting the environment variables needed internally in Travis, making them inaccessible.
  • If you want to update your local cache to the latest one available, just restart freeShop.

Reactions: Borjitasstoi

bekzboo12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Guys how do I enter sleep mode when downloading from freeshop...
I don't see any progress downloading

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Completely out of ideas right now, anyone wants to help? I updated freeshop from the ancient original version to this one, updated the title key database url to the new one with the supplied QR code, but for some reason freeshop doesn't update the game database. It's still showing only the games that were available a couple of months ago when I last updated. There are games in the database that I want to install (like Fire Emblem Echoes), but that don't show on freeshop for me. Am I overlooking something?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Completely out of ideas right now, anyone wants to help? I updated freeshop from the ancient original version to this one, updated the title key database url to the new one with the supplied QR code, but for some reason freeshop doesn't update the game database. It's still showing only the games that were available a couple of months ago when I last updated. There are games in the database that I want to install (like Fire Emblem Echoes), but that don't show on freeshop for me. Am I overlooking something?
Settings cog, the place where you enter urls and press refresh cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1