ROM Hack [RELEASE] Animal Crossing: New Leaf GCN Music Pack

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm new to this website and I'm new to hacking (I don't know anything about it at all) so what is CFW with Luma 7.0? And what is Luma Settings and how do I enable game patching inside it? I'm sorry if I sound stupid. :)
What is your current system version? If it is 11.4, you're currently SOL and can't use this.

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I'm new to this website and I'm new to hacking (I don't know anything about it at all) so what is CFW with Luma 7.0? And what is Luma Settings and how do I enable game patching inside it? I'm sorry if I sound stupid. :)

If you are on Firmware 11.3 or under, you can follow www.3ds.guide to install Custom Firmware (CFW), which is what Luma is

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
CFW is Custom Firmware, basically more advanced Homebrew that can't be patched out once installed. Luma is one of the many Custom Firmwares out there and is by far the most user-friendly. Luma Settings is the settings program that comes with Luma and can be accessed by holding Select while booting your 3DS. You can enable game patching by opening Luma Settings, highlighting the "Enable game patching" option, pressing A, and then pressing Start.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to check this out. I tried it a while back, but I got a little annoyed with my bcstm conversions being too quiet.
I don't use this pack, but I noticed that the bcstms that I use make conversations quieter too. Could it bethat the custom bcstms are conflicting with the animal noises and sound effects? It would make sense, considering that the original hourly themes and other themes were probably made to sound louder with the villagers talking and sound effects playing.

MarineSong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are on Firmware 11.3 or under, you can follow www.3ds.guide to install Custom Firmware (CFW), which is what Luma is
OK. Thank you. :)

CFW is Custom Firmware, basically more advanced Homebrew that can't be patched out once installed. Luma is one of the many Custom Firmwares out there and is by far the most user-friendly. Luma Settings is the settings program that comes with Luma and can be accessed by holding Select while booting your 3DS. You can enable game patching by opening Luma Settings, highlighting the "Enable game patching" option, pressing A, and then pressing Start.
Thank you. :)

Last edited by MarineSong,
Reactions: PrincessLillie

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I check the system version?

OK. Thank you. :)

Thank you. :)
Go to your system settings app on your 3DS. In the bottom right hand corner of the top screen, it will display the version number. If it's 11.4, you can't use this. If you have 11.3 or below, follow the link that Catsinabucket gave you. Then come back here and we'll help you with the rest.

MarineSong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to your system settings app on your 3DS. In the bottom right hand corner of the top screen, it will display the version number. If it's 11.4, you can't use this. If you have 11.3 or below, follow the link that Catsinabucket gave you. Then come back here and we'll help you with the rest.
Thanks. :)
Oh no, it's 11.4 :( But I'm using my New 3DS at the moment; I don't play my old 3DS as much so maybe the firmware's lower. I'll check.
YES it's 11.3 :) Okay, I'll follow the link. :)

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. :)
Oh no, it's 11.4 :( But I'm using my New 3DS at the moment; I don't play my old 3DS as much so maybe the firmware's lower. I'll check.
YES it's 11.3 :) Okay, I'll follow the link. :)

Great, I'd recommend having a quick read of it first before jumping into the process itself. It does come with its risks (which can possibly render your 3DS unusable) but as long as you stick to the steps and read the warnings and additional information on each page, you should be fine :)

MarineSong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great, I'd recommend having a quick read of it first before jumping into the process itself. It does come with its risks (which can possibly render your 3DS unusable) but as long as you stick to the steps and read the warnings and additional information on each page, you should be fine :)
OK. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Catsinabucket I've had a read of it, and I've clicked on the 'Get Started' link. What do I do now?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Catsinabucket I've had a read of it, and I've clicked on the 'Get Started' link. What do I do now?
Just follow what it says to do. Click on the image of your 3DS. I'm sorry to say this but the instructions are fairly simple, and if you can't follow them then you really shouldn't be hacking your system. No one is going to hold you hand the entire process. If you have questions, ask them but don't expect us to hold your hand especially when 3ds.guide does that for us. I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude, but that's just how this all works.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

MarineSong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just follow what it says to do. Click on the image of your 3DS. I'm sorry to say this but the instructions are fairly simple, and if you can't follow them then you really shouldn't be hacking your system. No one is going to hold you hand the entire process. If you have questions, ask them but don't expect us to hold your hand especially when 3ds.guide does that for us. I'm sorry if I'm coming across as rude, but that's just how this all works.
OK. I'm sorry.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use this pack, but I noticed that the bcstms that I use make conversations quieter too. Could it bethat the custom bcstms are conflicting with the animal noises and sound effects? It would make sense, considering that the original hourly themes and other themes were probably made to sound louder with the villagers talking and sound effects playing.
no, it all comes down to the volume when converting, nothing to do with the SFX. For one to make it louder would require re-converting all the songs (in my case I'd have to re-loop them too)

MarineSong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I found Luma3DS 7.0 on GitHub, downloaded the file, and unzipped it. Do I need to put the extracted files on my 3DS SD card? And if I do, would I need to copy absolutely everything, including the folders? (I mean do I need to just add the contents of the folders, or is it alright to just add the whole folder?) Sorry, I'm just trying to do it right. :)

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I found Luma3DS 7.0 on GitHub, downloaded the file, and unzipped it. Do I need to put the extracted files on my 3DS SD card? And if I do, would I need to copy absolutely everything, including the folders? (I mean do I need to just add the contents of the folders, or is it alright to just add the whole folder?) Sorry, I'm just trying to do it right. :)
If you have a9lh, just the arm9loaderhax.bin.
If not follow this. https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
If you haven't installed a9lh yet, you might want to hack your console with B9S. If you have a9lh, you should update to B9S. Luma3DS starting from 7.1 only supports B9S.

MarineSong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: pixelmasher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0