Sonicos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AmiiboGen v0.1.0

What it is:
This is a C# application that will efficiently bulk create as many uniquely serial'd Amiibo BIN files as you'd like. It supports wildcard input for processing multiple tags at once.

Why it was made:
Some games (including Breath of the Wild) allow you to use Amiibo's for in game benefits, but will place a restriction on how many times you can use it in a given period of time. The way around that is to change the serial number of the Amiibo, so that the game sees it as unique, and therefore allow you to use the same Amiibo (albeit with a different ID) without the aforementioned restriction.

How to use it:
You'll need to download the attached .zip file and extract the contents. You'll need to place key_retail.bin (not included for legal reasons) in the folder as well. If you don't know where to find this file, Google can help you find it.

Command Line Usage:

AmiiboGen.exe -i <input> -o <output> -c <count> -d -s -p

Options:
-i FILE, --input=FILE Required. Input file or wildcard
-o FILE, --output=FILE Output file prefix (or folder for wildcard). Default uses current filename/folder
-c INT, --count=INT (Default: 1) Number of generated tags per Amiibo
-d, --own-directory Creates a sub-directory for each Amiibo
-s, --standardize Standardize output filename based on Amiibo Data
-p, --set-prefix Prefix the filename with the Set 'Shortname' (requires -s to have effect)
--help Display the help screen.

Examples:
AmiiboGen.exe -i myAmiibo.bin
Produces myAmiibo_99B2D583303381.bin in the working directory

AmiiboGen.exe -i Sheik.bin -s -p
Produces [SSB]_Shiek_4DE1A40ADFBB08.bin in the working directory

AmiiboGen.exe -i ZeldaFile.bin -s -d
Produces Zelda_BotW_937D32795962CC.bin in the subfolder Zelda_BotW

AmiiboGen.exe -i *.bin -o generated -s -d -c 50
Produces 50 uniquely ID'd bin files, prefixed and standardized, each in thier own subfolder, all under the subfolder Generated

How to make changes to it:
You can view/download the source for this project at https://github.com/sonicos/AmiiboGen

NOTICE: You'll only benefit from this tool if you have an Amiiqo/PowerTag/NaMiiMo/etc type devices, and I'm not responsible if you break it.

Changelog:
0.1.0 - 4/1/2017 (No this is not an April Fools thing)
Initial Release

Mods: If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move/delete as necessary.

Attachments

• AmiiboGen-v0.1.0.zip
    774.4 KB · Views: 617
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cool but to my suprise I figured out it works with the exact same BIN flashed to two different NTAGs although I don't know why it works.
I flashed all Zelda related Amiibo BINs to NTAGs. That's what I did on 2017/3/3.
Later I ordered some more NTAGs to flash them for a friend as well. After they arrived I did a test.
I scanned my 8 Bit Link (30th Anni Edition) and it worked. I scanned it again and it didn't work (obviously because it was the same day). I scanned the 8 Bit Link that I flashed for my friend and ... it worked.
Anyone else did some tests?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool but to my suprise I figured out it works with the exact same BIN flashed to two different NTAGs although I don't know why it works.
I flashed all Zelda related Amiibo BINs to NTAGs. That's what I did on 2017/3/3.
Later I ordered some more NTAGs to flash them for a friend as well. After they arrived I did a test.
I scanned my 8 Bit Link (30th Anni Edition) and it worked. I scanned it again and it didn't work (obviously because it was the same day). I scanned the 8 Bit Link that I flashed for my friend and ... it worked.
Anyone else did some tests?
afaik, the limit is in the save game, not the amiibo.
I can scan my legit Link Archer on both botw switch and wii u fine

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
afaik, the limit is in the save game, not the amiibo.
I can scan my legit Link Archer on both botw switch and wii u fine
You missed the point.
Of course an Archer Link is working on Switch and Wii U.
But until you don't reload your savegame it only works once a day on one console.
And here comes the plot twist: If you duplicate your Archer Link (flashing the BIN to another blank NTAG215 with TagMo) both work on the same console inside the same savegame without reloading it. That's what worked for me.
In other words: If I "waste" 10 blank NTAG215 for the Ocarina of Time Link from the 30th Anniversary Edition I could possibly get the full OoT armor set within 2 minutes on my Wii U without reloading.

Sonicos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You missed the point.
Of course an Archer Link is working on Switch and Wii U.
But until you don't reload your savegame it only works once a day on one console.
And here comes the plot twist: If you duplicate your Archer Link (flashing the BIN to another blank NTAG215 with TagMo) both work on the same console inside the same savegame without reloading it. That's what worked for me.
In other words: If I "waste" 10 blank NTAG215 for the Ocarina of Time Link from the 30th Anniversary Edition I could possibly get the full OoT armor set within 2 minutes on my Wii U without reloading.
If I'm reading this right, you're saying that you can use one of the duplicated flashed tags on Zelda without restriction. Is that what you are stating? If so, that is an awesome side effect that I was unaware of. Feel free to do further testing. Perhaps video of you using the same tag repeatedly

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works because you're not flashing exactly what is in the bin. Every real NTAG215 already has a unique serial and the bin's data is repacked and encrypted reflecting that new serial before it's written. That's why the OP says:
NOTICE: You'll only benefit from this tool if you have an Amiiqo/PowerTag/NaMiiMo/etc type devices
(The emulator devices use the bin as-is, including the serial that's in it, so for those you need multiple bins to get multiple serials.)
you're saying that you can use one of the duplicated flashed tags on Zelda without restriction
No, he said he can make ten copies and use all ten. (But all ten of them would still be subject to the single-use-per-day restriction.)

Last edited by nexusmtz,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It works because you're not flashing exactly what is in the bin. Every real NTAG215 already has a unique serial and the bin's data is repacked and encrypted reflecting that new serial before it's written. That's why the OP says: (The emulator devices use the bin as-is, including the serial that's in it, so for those you need multiple bins to get multiple serials.)No, he said he can make ten copies and use all ten. (But all ten of them would still be subject to the single-use-per-day restriction.)
Ah very useful post, thanks. Now I understand why it worked for me. :)
Interesting fact for anyone I guess. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night