Thank you very muche rsn, first of all for your fantastic emulator (which i tested with some adfs). Regarding hdf, i just did what you suggested but trying some hdf result in a blue screen with a window saying "Not a DOS disk in unit B)
Go back into the menu and restart the emulation. That's a bug I've found where it uses kickstart 1.3 on first boot of a configuration even if a different kickstart is selected, restarting fixes it.
Thank you hippy but i cannot get it run yet. I also tried updating to 1.79 but not luck. I just have a yellow blanking screen after pressing R in the main menu
Is it me or is the disk swapping not working. ?
I have the latest instalment. But when i am being ask for disk b. For example in last ninja remix. It isn’t working. I push - to get into the menu and choose the right disk. As i did in the psvita version. But won’t work for the switch version.
Any one an idea?
Is it me or is the disk swapping not working. ?
I have the latest instalment. But when i am being ask for disk b. For example in last ninja remix. It isn’t working. I push - to get into the menu and choose the right disk. As i did in the psvita version. But won’t work for the switch version.
Any one an idea?
There's really no difference in floppy code between Vita and Switch. If it works on Vita it should work on Switch.
Another thought: Maybe you have some game-specific config on your Switch that you don't have on your Vita (check contents of configs folder). The game specific config might get loaded when you insert disc 2.
I improved keyboard handling. Now Celtic Legends can be started. On Switch, I also improved single/dual joycon mode switching. Thanks to Toni Wilen for help fixing the keyboard bug.
Thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Andyways, CountDuckula, Jesse Harlin, Matthew Machnee, and RadicalR.
Changes in this version
1.80
- improve keyboard input (fixes Celtic Legends)
- on Switch, improve single/dual joycon mode switching
Yes. On the Vita I already have external bluetooth keyboard and mouse support. As soon as mouse and keyboard support is added to the SDL2 library for the Switch, UAE4All2 will then automatically support it. I am not sure when that will be.
Note if you are playing in handheld mode, the touchscreen mouse works pretty well, too. You can adjust the speed in the menu to your liking. You can control the pointer with the touchscreen just like on a touchpad on a laptop (put finger anywhere and drag, no need to put finger on top of the pointer).
I agree. I have to admit I was also disappointed that SDL2 on the Switch didn't already support keyboard and mouse. Let me look into it, because I implemented that on the Vita and it wasn't very hard at all.
hi I am new to this forum can anyone point me In the right direction for the kickstart roms there is that many of them I am unsure which ones to get can I add all do they need to be renamed etc thanks in advance.
hi I am new to this forum can anyone point me In the right direction for the kickstart roms there is that many of them I am unsure which ones to get can I add all do they need to be renamed etc thanks in advance.
My system.hdf wont boot anymore, i have nothing changed, the HD led is flashing but black screen.
Im on 1.80, tested other versions and copied the system.hdf again but no luck.
My system.hdf wont boot anymore, i have nothing changed, the HD led is flashing but black screen.
Im on 1.80, tested other versions and copied the system.hdf again but no luck.
One of your inserted hdfs (not necessarily system.hdf) is being "validated" by the Amiga OS. It is a slow process. It happens when the emulator was quit while the Amiga was accessing the hdf.
The solution is to just wait a really (really) long time at the black screen. Wait ca. 5-10 minutes or so. It will boot normally again. This wait only needs to be done once. After that, it will boot fast again.
If it still doesn’t work, copy all inserted hdfs over from the backup (not just system.hdf but also the others). The Amiga OS tries to validate ALL inserted hdfs when booting, not just dh0:
To prevent this problem:
Always exit the emulator safely (go to menu, press L). Don't exit the emulator by pressing the Home button.
On the Vita, I disabled the home button because of this problem. But on the Switch, I haven't found a way to disable the home button yet.
In case your SD card is exFAT formatted, I put my exFAT rant here:
exFAT will always (always) become corrupted eventually, which might also cause this validation problem. The Switch OS itself is responsible for the corruption. Sometimes the corruption can be fixed on Windows by running chkdsk. Many people say they have not encountered problems with exFAT: I challenge those people to run chkdsk. I bet they will already see all kinds of corruption in their Nintendo folder that they just haven't noticed yet.
Because of these problems, FAT32 is the way to go. It is possible to just make a backup of all files, re-format the SD card to FAT32, and then restore the files. Installed files in the Nintendo folder are already all <4GB, because the OS does that automatically when installing .nsp files. Guiformat.exe for Windows works well to easily format your SD Card with cluster size 32. For large (>4 GB) new .nsp files and your large .xci game cart backups, there are xci-cutter and nsp-splitter tools available to convert those .xci and .nsp files to 4Gb chunks so they work on FAT32.
It is worth it to make the change to FAT32, trust me. I have encountered so many problems with exFAT during my testing of the emulator. Eventually, I switched to FAT32 and all my problems were gone.
I think you can already do this with the current version, but you have to manually edit your config file.
Configure your game, and then save a game specific configuration. The game specific configuration will be loaded automatically when you load your hdf/adf.
Go into the conf folder and find your configuration file. It should be named after your hdf/adf. Edit the config file with a text editor.
Find the line after spritecollisions, where it says
cpu = “some negative number”
Change the number:
0 is 7 MHz,
-1 is 14 MHz,
-2 is 28 MHz,
-3 should be 56 MHz
-4 should be 112 MHz
I have never tested numbers other than 0,-1,-2. The menu only allows you to set those, but nothing should stop you editing config files.
One of your inserted hdfs (not necessarily system.hdf) is being "validated" by the Amiga OS. It is a slow process. It happens when the emulator was quit while the Amiga was accessing the hdf.
The solution is to just wait a really (really) long time at the black screen. Wait ca. 5-10 minutes or so. It will boot normally again. This wait only needs to be done once. After that, it will boot fast again.
If it still doesn’t work, copy all inserted hdfs over from the backup (not just system.hdf but also the others). The Amiga OS tries to validate ALL inserted hdfs when booting, not just dh0:
To prevent this problem:
Always exit the emulator safely (go to menu, press L). Don't exit the emulator by pressing the Home button.
On the Vita, I disabled the home button because of this problem. But on the Switch, I haven't found a way to disable the home button yet.
In case your SD card is exFAT formatted, I put my exFAT rant here:
exFAT will always (always) become corrupted eventually, which might also cause this validation problem. The Switch OS itself is responsible for the corruption. Sometimes the corruption can be fixed on Windows by running chkdsk. Many people say they have not encountered problems with exFAT: I challenge those people to run chkdsk. I bet they will already see all kinds of corruption in their Nintendo folder that they just haven't noticed yet.
Because of these problems, FAT32 is the way to go. It is possible to just make a backup of all files, re-format the SD card to FAT32, and then restore the files. Installed files in the Nintendo folder are already all <4GB, because the OS does that automatically when installing .nsp files. Guiformat.exe for Windows works well to easily format your SD Card with cluster size 32. For large (>4 GB) new .nsp files and your large .xci game cart backups, there are xci-cutter and nsp-splitter tools available to convert those .xci and .nsp files to 4Gb chunks so they work on FAT32.
It is worth it to make the change to FAT32, trust me. I have encountered so many problems with exFAT during my testing of the emulator. Eventually, I switched to FAT32 and all my problems were gone.
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...