Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KevinC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems to have a problem getting my NNID number saying "Error could not retrieve NNID"

Was sorting out my NNID at first since it was at a another console and managed to put it on my N3ds but after putting it on it still has that problem
any way to get my NNID number?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to have a problem getting my NNID number saying "Error could not retrieve NNID"

Was sorting out my NNID at first since it was at a another console and managed to put it on my N3ds but after putting it on it still has that problem
any way to get my NNID number?

Weird, it works for me. Are you running the hbl version or CIA?

KevinC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HBL version is known to have problems because it can't access certain services. Can you try the cia instead?

Yeah your right about the CIA version it works and can found my NNID even has my serial number and battery + voltage on the cia version if that is the case why not remove the HBL one?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah your right about the CIA version it works and can found my NNID even has my serial number and battery + voltage on the cia version if that is the case why not remove the HBL one?

Certain people use it to check the firm version and stuff when it comes to downgrading. Downgrading happens before a9lh can be installed.

Reactions: KevinC

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have decided to release the final major version. This doesn't mean I'll stop updating, I just won't be making any major updates to this project anymore. At its current state it displays basically all the information about your 3DS. There will be a couple more minor updates (0.7X) as soon as I get the results for the battery voltage, and also two other missing peices of information. (Friend key, and device cert).

icDFzg9.png

Version: 0.7

Changelog:

• Reorganized storage info.
    • Displays device ID, and soap ID.
    • Display 3D slider and WiFi signal strength (actual values and percentages)
    • Values are now represented in their respectful colors thanks to @SegFault42. (Blue category = blue values, red category = red values).

chart

https://github.com/joel16/3DSident/releases

Last edited by Joel16,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use HBC, so no 3ds folder at all.
Just using the CIA.
That's indeed why. It stores a screenshot in the /3ds/3Dident folder just before it exits. If there is no folder, then it'll fail to store the screenshot there and end up crashing. I keep forgetting about this, but I'll make sure I automate this for the next release. If there isn't a 3DSident folder it'll create one then.

Reactions: pelago

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if we don't care about screenshot?
Possible to add a way to not create a folder for it?

It's been a feature of PSPident, which this program has been inspired from. I wouldn't want to remove one of its key features. I did add an option to remove it not long ago, but it needs the 3DSident folder. It'll generate a screenshot.bin file in 3DSident/screenshots/. You can edit it with any text editor and change the 1 to a 0, to disable screenshots. However, even after disabling screenshots it requires the 3DSident folder to check for the config file lol.

I mean I could easily just place the config file in the /3ds/ folder but I didn't want to clutter things up for anyone and decided to have it in the 3DSident folder.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.7 freezes for around a minute on exit on my Aqua O3DS on 11.2U SysNAND (A9LH Luma3DS 6.6)
I do have the /3DS/3DSident/ folder and it even has a screenshot in it from last time.

it exits properly on my N3DS XL 11.2U (A9LH Luma3DS 6.6) however.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.7 freezes for around a minute on exit on my Aqua O3DS on 11.2U SysNAND (A9LH Luma3DS 6.6)
I do have the /3DS/3DSident/ folder and it even has a screenshot in it from last time.

it exits properly on my N3DS XL 11.2U (A9LH Luma3DS 6.6) however.

I must admit that's pretty odd. I don't own an o3DS so I don't know how I'd be able to debug this. How long ago was this screenshot taken? Can you check the top of the screenshot and let me know what version it was on. You could try deleting just the 3DSident folder, and let it re-generate a new one (it automatically does this when exiting the app) and see if that works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ds is 20 years old this year